My Stolen cue is on eBay

aff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just so you are aware, I currently have the high bid. If I win, the cue will be returned to you at no charge.

My bid won't go any higher than where it currently is, so we'll see what happens. I'm not a fan of seeing people ripped off for no reason, so if I can help I'm happy to.

Edit. Scratch that. Someone just outbid me....my apologies for not being able to help

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks Kevin,
Posts like this always attracts my attention really fast. I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt that he is unaware that this is a stolen cue. I will post his replies ( if he does) to the thread. I just was to see justice served. I hate scum-bag thiefs.

Headmuses.

Of course he is unaware, he put the thing up on eBay. The guy who was aware pawned the cue.

And he being in the pawn business, I can guarantee you he knows the law regarding stolen property.

The problem is victims are often so focused on trying to get the police to do what they really can't do, provide them justice, that they forget to grind what the police can do out of them, which is cough up a stolen property report.

If Greg had one, he'd be golden right now.

Kevin

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Report the item to ebay as stolen.... they will stop the auction.
As for the federal offence, that means nothing if you have no way to prosecute, do you? Do you know the process, and have the proof they need? If so, do it... asap....

Trouble with reporting to Ebay the cue is stolen is that is the guy selling the cue will just disappear and the cue does not get returned to the rightful owner. Correct me if I am wrong.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Trouble with reporting to Ebay the cue is stolen is that is the guy selling the cue will just disappear and the cue does not get returned to the rightful owner. Correct me if I am wrong.

Without a police stolen property report identifying this cue, it is currently in the hands of its rightful owner.

The guy won't just disappear, with 50,000 feedbacks it appears eBay is a substantial part of his business.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I sell cues on Ebay and a few years ago I was selling a Meucci 95-17 cue and I was accused of selling a stolen cue. The guy called the police and it was investigated.

I needed to send the police the receipt of how much I paid and who I bought the cue from.

I thought the guy who accused me was crazy...since I have over 20 Meucci 95-17 cues and he could pick out his one cue that was stolen.:eek:

maplecap

Jack
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The wood grain doesn't lie. Picture 5 on the ebay auction is shows exactly the area between the two points as the photo from the original post. The grain is an EXACT match. This should be proof enough.

Johnsms3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wood grain doesn't lie. Picture 5 on the ebay auction is shows exactly the area between the two points as the photo from the original post. The grain is an EXACT match. This should be proof enough.

I have to agree, the eyes in the maple between those 2 points is identical as you move up the forearm.

Tough to dispute.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Hey guys, if you're bidding on this cue please know that it is the one that Chris Wood stole from me a year ago. This pawn shop that has the cue listed on eBay is 10 miles away from where I shipped the cue to the thief. So if you're bidding you're bidding on my stolen cue. You can go to my post that shows the pictures of my the cue and there is no doubt that it is mine. I called the pawn shop and they're going to get back to me about it, but so far I haven't heard from them. They promised to call me before they closed and they are closed now, sooooo. I'm disgusted with this situation.
Thanks for listening,
Greg
Here's the link to the cue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351025497678?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Howard you say you filed a Police Report with the US Postal Service, and did you contact the Law Enforcement arm of the Postal Service? Also did you get a copy of the report file with the Postal Police, or maybe they still call them Postal Inspectors.

If so I would contact the Police Agency in the City or Town were the E-bay seller has their business address, and advise that Police Agency that you believe the Pawn Shop is selling your property that was stole threw the mail.

Pawn Shop did not want to run a foul of the law, and this could be how you get your property returned. MAYBE!

BobbyC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey I have had a few cues stolen in the past, and when I seen this post which I am familiar with .I sent ask a ? and don't see anything posted either !! Maybe everyone that has read this post in the past should do the same, I think it is the right thing to do !! It might just help. JMO
Bob

cuestrokedesign

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WOW! I have driven by this place a lot. I live in Huntsville but stay with my girlfriend in Guntersville a lot. I went back and did some reading on your past threads Howard and this is a s***** thing. I do not know Chris Wood and do not reconize his face from the Facebook link you posted. GL with this!

cuestrokedesign

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have to agree, the eyes in the maple between those 2 points is identical as you move up the forearm.

Tough to dispute.

100% AGREE! I even moved from my phone to my computer so i could see them really large and there a dead match. Prob i see is this cue was a "catalog" model where they sold many of the same design. I had a Schon stolen from my car a few years ago and found it at a pawnshop one town over. Well i got a interview with an investigator(after SEVERAL calls) and showed my original report, all pics from when i had the cue and a pic i took at the pawnshop with the same chip in the butt as my original pics. Asked me if this cue was hand made with any unique names etc on it. When i told him it was a production cue he basically got short for the rest of the conversation and informed me that there was no way to prove it was mine since more than one was made. Go figure! Never got the cue back and the shop never would tell me what they paid or sell it to me for that amount. Needless to say, i feel for you!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey guys, if you're bidding on this cue please know that it is the one that Chris Wood stole from me a year ago. This pawn shop that has the cue listed on eBay is 10 miles away from where I shipped the cue to the thief. So if you're bidding you're bidding on my stolen cue. You can go to my post that shows the pictures of my the cue and there is no doubt that it is mine. I called the pawn shop and they're going to get back to me about it, but so far I haven't heard from them. They promised to call me before they closed and they are closed now, sooooo. I'm disgusted with this situation.
Thanks for listening,
Greg
Here's the link to the cue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351025497678?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
note that you can make a complaint thriugh ebay, contact ebay and they will help you

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Isn't selling stolen goods illegal in the pawn shops locality? You can get their local department in them for that, just show the locals your federal report, or whatever proof you have.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I got a reply from the person selling the cue on Ebay, here is his response:

I got a call from a guy that said this used to be his cue, but he is in
Indiana. We are in Alabama. I have asked him to provide me with a police
report, but he said that he did not have one. He said that he sold it to a
person in Alabama, and the person did not pay him. I spoke to our police
department. They said that they have no record of a report being filed or
requested down here, and further, the situation that the "victim" claims is
a civil matter rather than a criminal one since he willingly shipped the
item to another party. I don't really know if the story is legit, but it
is the fishiest thing that I have ever heard of. He wanted me to sell him
the cue for what we paid for it. As a side note, the name that he supplied
to me was not the owner of the cue when we purchased it.

-joespawn1243

That's about all I can provide....over to you Howard.

Headmuses.