Shafts

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who makes a better shaft between these 3 cuemakers Paul Dayton Dominiuk or Jack Madden thanks I'm in the market for a custom shaft

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
who makes a better shaft between these 3 cuemakers Paul Dayton Dominiuk or Jack Madden thanks I'm in the market for a custom shaft

According to the cuemaker database website:

Paul Dayton: 7.9

"Dominiuk": 6.8

Jack Madden: 7.6

I'd go with the Dayton.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:dance:

So it must be the wood that makes it better.:scratchhead:

Anyone can put on a ferrule, tip, joint collar, and insert.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't tell you what is better, but the Dayton shafts I have stayed very very straight and have a long taper.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Paul Dayton gets my vote for his old growth lake salvage shafts.

If u like hi tech shafts go with the madden. He offers one with a carbon fiber tube for stiffness and LD properties

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of the three, I've only played with a Dayton. So, for what it's worth, he gets my vote. His shaft wood is awesome. The shafts for the Hoppe I ordered from him both weighed in at WELL over 4oz. One was 4.65, if I remember correctly.

As if that wasn't enough, his taper is the nuts. He "warned" me that it might take a minute to get used to, but once I did, it would feel like a part of me. He absolutely knew what he was talking about. It was, without doubt, the best playing cue I've held in my hands. But, like an idiot, I traded it.

I learned from that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dayton :)

I picked one up from Paul a while back and it plays great. He's also very easy to deal with, very nice.

The other 2 I can't speak on.