cocobolo and holly project

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Hello. I just wanted to share progress pics of a cue in the works that's getting ready to get turned down, clear coat and wrapped up in Brown leather. All holly , cocobolo and orange/green veneers. Please keep in mind I do this for fun...I don't claim to be a cue maker...it's an artistic outlet; almost therapy from the real world. Thank you Pete for letting me use your shop, tools, and vast know how...love ya man...
Anyhow...what do you all think of this one?

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 675
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 597
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 593
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 589
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 597

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Nice work, You can officially call yourself a cue maker.
I get the therapy part, I make fishing lures, I don't claim to be a lure maker

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Thank you for the nice comments on this one. Very much appreciated! And of course to Pete Cherrier many many thanks...as he truly is a master cue builder. He showed me how to bring my vivid imagination to life. He put up with a lot of mistakes and took the time to teach me step by step. Pete's just awesome. Pretty sure he spent the first two years telling me to slow down.....Will post completed pics Soon, ....well...., how bout in due time. Thanks for looking....Matt D.

Last edited:

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
OMG, that's gorgeous...

The anticipation of hitting your first ball in earnest with that cue must be strong... If I were in your shoes I'd be a basket case trying to fade that itch... LOL.

Congratulations on a very rewarding project very well done.

Pete is not only a master cue maker, looks like he's a master instructor too. I bet he has some pride in your work as well.

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thumbs up

I gotta be honest, I really dig that cue.
The design, wood, and color combination
are truly awesome. If that cue plays anywhere
near the way it looks, then you may as well
start to consider yourself a cue maker.

Even though it's not quite finished, a big congrats
on a job well done.

Last edited:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Jaetee and Badbeat13 thank you and everyone else for the comments and encouragement! So much appreciated.... makes me want to post completed pics of other cues I've built in the past. Couple more crappy pics..Again thanks....Matt D.

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: