gotta love the pawn shop...

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
" Lemme see that case"...I say to the guy working the counter at the pawn shop. He hands it over and says there are cues in there. Cool that's what I was hoping for...didn't expect much, but...one by one I pull them out. Three brand new, never played 94 series Joss cues. A model 94-14, a 94-15, and 94-17. Bout messed my drawers. At 280.00 case included what's a guy to do? The 14 and 17 remain unchalked, but the 15 found its way into my heart and case as back up/ break duty. Here are a couple pics...Matt D.

Attachments

• IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 829
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 825
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 835
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 835
  • IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 840

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
What kind of case? Great find!

They were in a 3 x 6 grey leather Giuseppe tube case. I looked em up and in 94 the 14 was 620.00, the 15 was 640.00, and the 17 cost 690.00 New. Not my biggest pawn shop score ever, but not bad... Matt D.:grin-square:

Attachments

• 1423798220652.jpg
    1423798220652.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 804

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up two Schon's and a Joss sneaky in a Porper case for 500 on Craigslist. Also snagged a mcdermott mac case for 20!

How do the Joss cues play?

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I picked up two Schon's and a Joss sneaky in a Porper case for 500 on Craigslist. Also snagged a mcdermott mac case for 20!

How do the Joss cues play?

I personally don't care for a steel jointed cues hit generally speaking...a bit of the wrong kind of stiff , and it steals feedback. This Joss will make 3 or 4 balls on the snap Every time but I attribute that to the perfect forward balanced weight for my stroke...ya, I blast the head ball dead center...with complete center ball focus on the cue ball once I'm lined up.
I bet your Schon hits almost identical to these older Joss cues. Great score on your pick ups by the way! I bet you are still smiling too, I always will..Matt D.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice score Matt D. and congrats to you.
You definitely have me thinking about
heading to the local pawn shops. I have
a friend that has made a few nice scores
such as yours at pawn shops.

I have never acquired cues/cases at a pawn
shop, but in 2011 I found 2 great guitars. I
had been thinking about playing guitars and
was researching and checking around, it dawned
on me to check the local pawn shops. I found
and purchased a 1963 Gibson and a 1970 Martin
D-18 with a real rosewood fretboard. I got both
guitars for around 1/3 of what they are actually
worth.

Congrats to you again.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1968 Martin D-28(BRW)$450

Titlist Brunswick by Palmer $80 from the same pawn shop as the guitar.

All three from the same PS, all labeled as unknown cues.

Capone PJ $30

Dale Patten PJ $75

Scruggs $40

Same Pawn Shop wants $200 for a McD. There are more, but these are the better ones.

Few and far between do scores come up, but when they do......

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Badbeat 13 and PDX your Martin finds certainly trump my Joss finds any day, and I am SO jealous. Congrats on both your scores. I will dig out the other two Joss cues today and post a pic of all three together. Truly a sight for old production model cues...right after I go on an all out Martin search of my own...Matt D.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1968 Martin D-28(BRW)$450

Titlist Brunswick by Palmer $80 from the same pawn shop as the guitar.

All three from the same PS, all labeled as unknown cues.

Capone PJ $30

Dale Patten PJ $75

Scruggs $40

Same Pawn Shop wants $200 for a McD. There are more, but these are the better ones.

Few and far between do scores come up, but when they do......

I'd drive all the way to Portland and back to get these results.
Give me the name of the pawn shop(s)...hehe.

Congrats, that's awesome!

Badbeat 13 and PDX your Martin finds certainly trump my Joss finds any day, and I am SO jealous. Congrats on both your scores. I will dig out the other two Joss cues today and post a pic of all three together. Truly a sight for old production model cues...right after I go on an all out Martin search of my own...Matt D.

An all out Martin search...lol. Good one Matt D.