Want my cue painted.

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a dark wood, no wrap cue that I want to get painted. I'm thinking of a red/white, and blue stars/stripes theme. Does anyone know someone that can/will do this? Obviously, I would want a good cue finish for durability.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ndakotan said:
I have a dark wood, no wrap cue that I want to get painted. I'm thinking of a red/white, and blue stars/stripes theme. Does anyone know someone that can/will do this? Obviously, I would want a good cue finish for durability.

You're kidding, right??

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ndakotan...check your PM's

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

ndakotan said:

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
I think that due to the difficulty involved, you would be much better off just trying to find a cue that already has some sort of design you like. To the best of my knowledge, painting a cue isn't much of an option. You might could get it stained blue and have a red and white wrap put on, or something like this.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
ndakotan said:

Please post pics when it's finished.:thumbup:

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Pushout said:
You're kidding, right??

Probably isn't kidding.

Some time ago I met an old timer/hustler who told me he no longer needs to hustle pool to make end meet (said he'd made upwards of $750,000 over a 20 year period hustling in bars and so on) who plays with a one-piece house cue that he has painted white, yes, you read that right, white.

That cue plays really well...

He's an APA 7 these days.

BTW, that white cue is very easy to spot... I suppose that's the way he wants it. It looks like crap, but plays. It's been tweaked, and is butt-lite, the way he wants it.

Flex

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
ndakotan said:
I will do this for $1,800.00 and it will take about 2-3 months. I need 20% down and all my custom cue work is satisfaction guaranteed.
Mike Gulyassy

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
airbrush.

find someone in your area that does custom car painting with an airbrush, there's probably plenty of them. You may also consider going to a local art school and talking with one of the professors, they are great about knowing the starving artist types and are a great source for referrals.

SteveH

thats wat im talkin bout!
Silver Member
The Paris Hilton Beer Cue

This is what i did to customize one of my cues when i was like 21 or so.

I used my favorite huebler cue.
I sanded it all down. Left the wrap on it though.
Then i super glued a big cutout of paris hilton and random alcohol pieces from stuff and fhm magazines. Then clear coated over everything including the wrap.
It weighed alot more but i ended up playing with my paris hilton cue for like 2 years later until my friends car got stolen with the cue in it.
I will never forget that cue.

FeltMaster

You Get The 8
Silver Member
Beware_of_Dawg said:
airbrush.

find someone in your area that does custom car painting with an airbrush, there's probably plenty of them. You may also consider going to a local art school and talking with one of the professors, they are great about knowing the starving artist types and are a great source for referrals.
You may even find one of these guys at your local mall, spraying T-Shirts and License plates. Just make sure you get a few coats of clear on the finished art work.
Good Luck,
Dom

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
My biggest concern is compatibility between the air brush paint and the clear coat or UV. One wrong chemical reaction and all is lost.

Steve Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pushout said:
You're kidding, right??
I do hope he is kidding. Nothing bothers me more than a nice piece of wood painted, hiding a beautiful grain.
I can even stand a cue being stained.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Steve Ellis said:
I do hope he is kidding. Nothing bothers me more than a nice piece of wood painted, hiding a beautiful grain.

We don't know what his cue currently looks like. I've seen some pretty humdrum sticks out there, some of those ramin wood cues come to mind.

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Ellis said:

It will never be for sale, so I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing bothers me more than comments like this on a website that is intended to further pool/billiards knowledge.

For those of you that offered constructive advise, thanks. Now I know the considerations when talking to people about doing this.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
The Indian!

Flex said:
Probably isn't kidding.

Some time ago I met an old timer/hustler who told me he no longer needs to hustle pool to make end meet (said he'd made upwards of $750,000 over a 20 year period hustling in bars and so on) who plays with a one-piece house cue that he has painted white, yes, you read that right, white.

That cue plays really well...

He's an APA 7 these days.

BTW, that white cue is very easy to spot... I suppose that's the way he wants it. It looks like crap, but plays. It's been tweaked, and is butt-lite, the way he wants it.

Flex

It just proves that it's the Indian not the arrow. This guy had the hustle down!!