Players JB 12

pw98

Registered
A few months ago I bought a Player JB12 Jump/Break cue and I have been breaking terrible with it. Over 90% of the time it seems I get a slug rack. At first I believed it was due to the table breaking hard but today I decided to try breaking with my 314/2 playing cue and what a difference. I can literally see the cue ball squirt a TON with the JB12 but it barely squirts with the 314. The breaks were no longer slugs (making playing the ghost in 9-ball possible on my table...)

I have tried finding the pivot point on the JB12 to reduce deflection but I am having trouble. Does anyone know the approximate location it would be at? Is it really going to be at 4 inches or less (which for me isn't going to cut it for stroke length when breaking).

I use a soft tip on my 314/2 playing cue so breaking with it all the time isn't really an option plus I'm a little worried about damaging it.

Is the only good solution to buy one of the overpriced predator BK break cues?

EDIT:

I decided to try using a G-Core cue I had laying around and it seems to have a reasonable amount of deflection so I will be using it to break now as I barely ever used the jump cue option anyways.

Last edited: