Votes: 4 36.4%
  • UPS / Insured

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Nice. Anyone wanting to know "what's in the case" if gonna have a heck of a time getting into that !!

But I believe that Miami is currently the only airport in the US that allows you to shrink wrap your luggage. But it would be great if all the airports allowed that.

I think that airlines should look into putting Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) chips on luggage. With those, I doubt a piece of luggage would ever get lost again.

No I shrink wrapped the cue case and then put it inside my luggage.

SeanC

needs practice...
Silver Member
It is OK. Feel free to give advice, even if you don't know.:rolleyes:

I guess you didn't notice the 3 question marks in my first post. That's not really considered an advice then, is it?

But it's OK, feel free to misunderstand, even if you don't know what a question mark is after some 13,000 posts :rolleyes:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

If they notice your cues in a carry on, you can get flagged and have to go back to the counter to check them, happened to me in Chicago..., I missed the flight!!!!

I just dont try to take them on ny more, I ship a travel cue that I play with, if it gets lost I can replace it through insurance with no pain, but not my South West!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much does this option cost? Is there some underlying assumption here that fedex doesn't throw packages around like an airline?? Maybe this is all just common knowledge i'm not aware of.

Last time I went I jammed my cues into a hard shelled checked bag, and carried my empty cue case on the plane. It worked, and there were no fees, but I only have middle of the line cues.

I think my new "solution" will be to buy a hard shelled bag large enough to fit my entire pool case into, and then check that.

I am spoiled. Got FedEx deal thru work. I just sent a letter to Austrailia from DC, $80 list price, my price was $17.

Sending my cue to IA from DC was $40 list/ $15 my price, IIRC. Been a few years though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe my determination was wrong:
Just carry on???
Really? Didn't know that. I carried on two big musical instruments without a problem last February. But probably rules are different with musical instruments.
It is OK. Feel free to give advice, even if you don't know.:rolleyes:
I guess you didn't notice the 3 question marks in my first post. That's not really considered an advice then, is it?

But it's OK, feel free to misunderstand, even if you don't know what a question mark is after some 13,000 posts :rolleyes:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've got a large, rolling duffle bag that I put my Instroke case into, surrounded by my clothes. Been doing that for over 10 years (since we couldn't carry on anymore), all on International flights to Europe and back, never had a problem. Done it at least 20 times. I always open the bag when I get to the destination and check to make sure it's still in there before I leave the baggage area of the airport.

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definately UPS them (3 Day Select if travelling across country) and have them shipped to where you are staying, mark them 'hold for guest' and put your name on the outside of the package. I would also ship clothing if required rather than pay the airline prices.

Make sure you take out the extra insurance, pack them very securely and use a UPS Hub, not a UPS Store, both the shipping and insurance are cheaper there.

Wheeljack

You Know It!
Silver Member
I just came back from Vegas and checked my cues in with my luggage. I bought a suitcase big enough to hold my cue case and my clothes.

Things to remember:
1. The deminsions of the luggage checked must be less than a total of 62 inches or there will be an oversize luggage fee.
2. The luggage checked must weigh less than 50 pounds or there will be an overweight luggage fee.
3. If you have home or renters insurance then your cues should be covered under that even while in transit while you are traveling. You should check with your carrier to make sure.

Good luck!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you want to sell your cue, use UPS and insure it.

If you want to lose your cue, check it at the air port

If you want to keep your cue use Fed-X and go play pool.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero Case...

Well I still have my Zero Haliburton Case 32x12x4 I was thinking of using, but due to the TSA, using the Combo lock is out right? and the key style Latch locks work great, but would they throw a fit if I locked them?

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I've flown dozens of times both domestic and internationally with my cues checked in a big, hard-bottomed duffel bag surrounded by laundry. Never had a problem. I just pack it in a way so that to get the cues out (or even to just get to the cue case) you basically have to take everything out. As long as your check in doesn't look like it has anything expensive in it, you shouldn't have much problem with theft.

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? Didn't know that. I carried on two big musical instruments without a problem last February. But probably rules are different with musical instruments.

Where have you been the past 10 years? I know the airlines do not have a problem carrying on cues but TSA will not let them through security check. Thank a terrorist for this when you see one. And then kill them.