Used Table Pricing

kenexcelon

Registered
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to pick up a used pool table. However, I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, or if the brand is worthwhile to get. I do not know the model, but the table is an 8 ft. Connelly with a 3 piece, 1" thick slate. At least, that's what I was told the slate thickness was. The table does need new cloth according to the seller. He is asking $800.00 and should be in pretty good condition, but I have not seen it yet. Does this seem like a fair deal, especially considering it needs new cloth? Or, should I try to obtain the model name as well?

Thanks!

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
Connelly usually make fine tables. Are the rails/pockets in good shape? Offer 500 and go from there. Any accessories?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Most sellers need to get rid of the table due to a move, need for the space, etc. Since there aren't many buyers, you'll see them for free if you move it.

If the table is in good shape I'd offer a few hundred. You might need to replace the cushions in addition to the cloth.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to pick up a used pool table. However, I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, or if the brand is worthwhile to get. I do not know the model, but the table is an 8 ft. Connelly with a 3 piece, 1" thick slate. At least, that's what I was told the slate thickness was. The table does need new cloth according to the seller. He is asking $800.00 and should be in pretty good condition, but I have not seen it yet. Does this seem like a fair deal, especially considering it needs new cloth? Or, should I try to obtain the model name as well?

Thanks!

For new cloth and to have a good mechanic set up the table even without moving it is around $600, so factor that in the price. Probably would be another $100 if they have to move it. I got an 8" Olhausen table free, and it was already taken apart with the slates crated, I got about $600-700 price for new Simonis cloth, setup of table and to shim it.

I'd offer less than 500, guy may go for $400 or less, as I'm sure that's what the dealers will be offering him, and the people looking for a table will be thinking about the moving and setup costs as well.

kenexcelon

Registered
I found out after I knew he had it for sale that he knows most of my family so I don't want to insult him "too much". He has a 9 foot Diamond now in his game room that I got to play on (or try to play on) for a few hours. As a beginner, those pockets, ugh!

Most sellers need to get rid of the table due to a move, need for the space, etc. Since there aren't many buyers, you'll see them for free if you move it.

If the table is in good shape I'd offer a few hundred. You might need to replace the cushions in addition to the cloth.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I found out after I knew he had it for sale that he knows most of my family so I don't want to insult him "too much". He has a 9 foot Diamond now in his game room that I got to play on (or try to play on) for a few hours. As a beginner, those pockets, ugh!
You do not have to insult him, just say "It would only be worth $___ to me." If he thinks he can get more for it fine. Nothing personal, just business.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
800 is pretty high sounding to me, I shopped for my table for six months, passed on a lot of good deals in hopes that the perfect table at an amazing price would pop up, and it eventually did. If he won't take a more reasonable price just keep looking, I couldn't imagine more than 500 for a connelly that needs felt unless its a VERY high end one. pool tables are a buyer's market. Mine retailed for 8k, got it with excellent Simonis felt and great rails for 600 with cover, cue rack, 6 decent house cues and accessories. If you have time to put into shopping you'll find what your looking for

Jim Vondrell

Accu-Level Billiard Svc
Silver Member
The age and model of a Connelly makes a huge difference. Over the years they've made tables that are anywhere from 1400 to 9000 new.