R.I.P Ritchie Idrovo

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
Everyone here has a valid point . Yes, he will now forever be known as a murderer but, (I'm not in anyway making excuses for him) this was not the Ritchie we've known for 25 years.
Mental illness is a confusing thing. It can be something you are born with and not know it, something that is brought on and repressed or it can be obvious extension to someone's everyday personality.
Ritchie was clearly not in his right mind. I would venture to say something must of snapped, just went haywire. This can be brought on by by being on "overload" i.e. too many issues at once that confuse you or take their toll on your psyche and you can't think clearly anymore OR it can be drug induced. Either way he lost it. I heard he wasn't himself in Vegas and it's unfortunate that he didn't seek help or someone closer to him didn't recognize that he was imploding and get him the help he needed.

What he did was the most despicable act a person can do and it is unfathomable. .. But it's not the person I've known for 25 years. The person who did this horrific act, I don't know. Not ever forgetting what he did, I much rather remember him the caring father and good friend he once was and pray for the healing of this carnage aftermath. It is truly a profound loss for everyone involved.
Eydie Romano aka Bob's wife

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was really surprised to hear this earlier today, the interactions I had with Richie he was always a friendly and trustworthy person. Surprised and sorry to hear it came to this.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I wonder if he would have done this if he had no access to guns. I guess it's irrelevant since that issue is dead. If we can't get gun control after a few dozen 6 year old are murdered in sandy hook, another Chicago murder suicide won't even be a blip on the radar for the NRA.

I didn't know the guy, just watched him play pool at the U.S. Am. He was a strong player.

I'm glad the news articles didn't mention pool. Like we need yet another addition to publics perception pool is full of murdering, swindling, chain smoking drunk con men.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I wonder if he would have done this if he had no access to guns. I guess it's irrelevant since that issue is dead. If we can't get gun control after a few dozen 6 year old are murdered in sandy hook, another Chicago murder suicide won't even be a blip on the radar for the NRA.

I didn't know the guy, just watched him play pool at the U.S. Am. He was a strong player.

I'm glad the news articles didn't mention pool. Like we need yet another addition to publics perception pool is full of murdering, swindling, chain smoking drunk con men.

I don't own a gun but think if we took them away from the public there would still be those who could get them and use them because criminals don't care about a law. School zones are no gun zones but that sign/law doesn't stop anything. Hunting as a sport is big business as is target shooting so its never going to go away.

There are other countries like Norway that have 1 out of 10 people owning guns mainly for hunting but violence there is not very common besides the rampage mass killing that finally happened there a few years ago. If someone wants to kill someone they will find a way gun or not. This is what would happen if we all had guns taken away and a psycho had some, like ducks in barrel.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...man-who-shot-85-young-victims-one-by-one.html

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Blaming the gun in a case like this is like blaming a fork because someone is obese.
I do not know the facts in this case, if he did in fact suffer mental illness it would be safe to assume that would be the likely ingredient for this tragedy.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can take something like this and turn it into something that it's not. For all those that have said the knew Richie so well and what he did was such a shock, you never really knew him as well as you think you did or you'd have noticed over the last few years that something inside his mind changed ever since his dad passed away, Richie ' s never been the same since then, and someone close to him should have noticed, maybe his girlfriend did notice, who knows....I just know that most posters here are overlooking the ripple effect left on his son and daughter, as well as his sister. This thread needs to be dropped and removed out of respect for those that have to live with Richie ' s bad choice in how he handled his stress of things not working out right in his mind, instead of turning this into a NPR thread!!! And yes, I knew Richie well, and noticed something wasn't right with him several years ago and did talk to him about it, but at that time, I knew depression was rooted deep in his emotions in our conversations.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can take something like this and turn it into something that it's not. For all those that have said the knew Richie so well and what he did was such a shock, you never really knew him as well as you think you did or you'd have noticed over the last few years that something inside his mind changed ever since his dad passed away, Richie ' s never been the same since then, and someone close to him should have noticed, maybe his girlfriend did notice, who knows....I just know that most posters here are overlooking the ripple effect left on his son and daughter, as well as his sister. This thread needs to be dropped and removed out of respect for those that have to live with Richie ' s bad choice in how he handled his stress of things not working out right in his mind, instead of turning this into a NPR thread!!! And yes, I knew Richie well, and noticed something wasn't right with him several years ago and did talk to him about it, but at that time, I knew depression was rooted deep in his emotions in our conversations.

Agreed. This thread needs to be deleted. I knew the family VERY well and a public forum is not the place for this.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member

This was Chicago.. another blue city, where gun rights are pretty much extinguished. So you want to make it about guns there is NPR... when you snap, you snap, would you feel better if it was a chain saw? Would you call for Skil, Husky, and Paulson to do background checks?

Agree with Mat, toss the thread...

JV

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I know people have very strong feelings about gun rights. Im just not one of them and I believe access to guns is as much of a problem as mental illness not being treated. I knew that when I posted what I did there would be pushback by people who feel guns rights are special and guns are not the problem. To each their own.

I have alot of friends with guns. I live in Miami after all. Most people have guns down here. In fact I always joke with them that when the zombie apocalypse comes, im hanging with them. I was certainly not saying I would feel any better if a knife or a chain saw was used. I was saying that it would have made it harder for him to kill. Using a knife or a chain saw is alot more effort, alot messier and alot harder to do than pulling a trigger on gun.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I believe in Rwanda, South Africa there was about 1,000,000 people killed during the ethnic cleansing that took place there...with pitch forks, hatches, and machetes....in one month!!! Gun control had nothing to do with this situation, a break down in society did though...if more people had read Richie s emotions sooner, this may not have happened, but it still don't belong here on AZB, or on any other public forum for that matter as far as I'm concerned. What does any of this have to do with pool....the fact that Richie played APA? Does that mean everyone that plays in the APA is subject to snap and go off on someone, then end their own life?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I wonder if he would have done this if he had no access to guns.

Yes, he would have just killed her some other way, probably by just going in and stabbing/throat slicing instead. There really isn’t such a thing as “no access to guns” anyway. If a criminal wants to get a gun (and most do), he will get one. That’s why they are criminals—they don’t follow laws. Heck, guns can even be 3D printed now by anyone with a cheap home 3D printer. The famous expression “if you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns” really is absolutely true.

I guess it's irrelevant since that issue is dead. If we can't get gun control after a few dozen 6 year old are murdered in sandy hook, another Chicago murder suicide won't even be a blip on the radar for the NRA.

The best way to prevent Sandy Hook is for teachers/school administrators to be armed. The criminal doesn’t last long when there is somebody that can shoot back. But it would probably keep most of those criminals from ever even trying it to begin with (and most other crimes for that matter) when they know they will be facing armed opposition. Great deterrent.

But this isn’t even about saving lives for the anti-gun people. It is about personal biases that have no basis in logic and reason.

You see, there is something that is responsible for far more deaths than guns, and it isn’t even close. You would expect that the anti-gun people would be even more against it than are against guns since is costs way more lives. But they aren’t. Why? Irrational bias of course.

This thing also causes far, far more serious injuries than guns. Yet no opposition from the anti-gun people.

By many orders of magnitude, it ruins more lives. Far, far more. Yet not a peep from the anti-gun people.

Guns also serve very useful purposes to humanity. They give everyone the ability to protect themselves. They help millions to put food on the table. They help prevent government tyranny. The other thing which I have been referring to which causes more deaths, more injuries, more financial losses and more ruined lives than guns doesn’t even serve a truly useful purpose at all. None.

So what is this thing? Alcohol. It causes more deaths, more injuries and more ruined lives by far. So if curtailing deaths and ruined lives is really your motivation for being anti-gun, then it is absolutely certain that you are even more vocal and proactive about outlawing alcohol. Otherwise you are just a hypocrite trying to push your own irrational personal biases onto others instead of someone who is truly trying to do best for humanity as you would like for people to believe. If you caring about people was really what this was about your focus would be on alcohol instead of guns but as we know this isn’t actually what the anti-gun position is all about.

To be clear, I am not saying alcohol should be outlawed. What I am saying is that anyone that would outlaw or further reduce access to guns before doing the same to alcohol is an idiot.

11412375_10152959921845197_4857557017190947430_n.jpg

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know people have very strong feelings about gun rights. Im just not one of them and I believe access to guns is as much of a problem as mental illness not being treated. I knew that when I posted what I did there would be pushback by people who feel guns rights are special and guns are not the problem. To each their own.

I have alot of friends with guns. I live in Miami after all. Most people have guns down here. In fact I always joke with them that when the zombie apocalypse comes, im hanging with them. I was certainly not saying I would feel any better if a knife or a chain saw was used. I was saying that it would have made it harder for him to kill. Using a knife or a chain saw is alot more effort, alot messier and alot harder to do than pulling a trigger on gun.

If Richie had asked his girlfriend Alma to go out to dinner with him, and during the ride to the restaurant he decided to speed up to 70mph, then swerve off the road right straight into a concrete bridge pillar with his Cadillac taking both their lives just the same....would you want to decrease the number of Cadillac s on the road, or all auto's across the board.

Worst_7_ever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone here has a valid point . Yes, he will now forever be known as a murderer but, (I'm not in anyway making excuses for him) this was not the Ritchie we've known for 25 years.
Mental illness is a confusing thing. It can be something you are born with and not know it, something that is brought on and repressed or it can be obvious extension to someone's everyday personality.
Ritchie was clearly not in his right mind. I would venture to say something must of snapped, just went haywire. This can be brought on by by being on "overload" i.e. too many issues at once that confuse you or take their toll on your psyche and you can't think clearly anymore OR it can be drug induced. Either way he lost it. I heard he wasn't himself in Vegas and it's unfortunate that he didn't seek help or someone closer to him didn't recognize that he was imploding and get him the help he needed.

What he did was the most despicable act a person can do and it is unfathomable. .. But it's not the person I've known for 25 years. The person who did this horrific act, I don't know. Not ever forgetting what he did, I much rather remember him the caring father and good friend he once was and pray for the healing of this carnage aftermath. It is truly a profound loss for everyone involved.
Eydie Romano aka Bob's wife

I thought for sure it was already out in the forums since he was such a well know player, My intent in making this post was simply to inform those that knew him. I agree with everything that Eydie says here. I also cannot argue with anyone's opinion of this whole horrible situation. I also Know Matt, and respect him. So since the post has already met its intended end, mods please remove the thread in respect to the familys, and the people here who feel like it should be removed. It was never my intent to create a problem, or a gun debate. All I wanted to do was inform those around the country that knew him.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its interesting that RKC chose to talk about Rwanda. It is real common there and other places in Africa to use machetes as weapons due to the lack of guns. There are many amputees and double amputees over there, one of the things they lose their arms for is so they can no longer vote rival governments. I suppose we always have that to look forward to if the people who do not like The Constitution get their way.