Question about a gambling game

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes Gomez playing a guy 9 ball. Reyito has one pocket - other guy has 5.
So, I thought that meant reyito could only shoot to one pocket or maybe only has one pocket for the money ball? Just not sure?
I mean you gotta play real strong to give up this weight.....
I have watched Gomez play a lot. He plays good, but not thatttttt good.
The other guy was running out 4 or 5 balls.’thx for your help.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well a lot of factors to consider, winner break or alternate break, or only one guy breaks- BC if I only have one pocket to shoot in a nine ball game and I break- it is going to be a very soft break with ALL the balls staying down by those two corner pockets; if one of them is my only pocket to shoot. So now I am playing one pocket/straight pool rather than nine ball.

So if I were negotiating this game with an unseasoned gambler- I would want the breaks and one corner pocket near the rack in return for giving up the other 5 pockets- after he sees my first break- he will know he just got gamed if I am a much stronger player to begin with in terms of skill.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if playing a weaker player it is no spot at all unless he is also getting a money ball as well.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I watched it closer

The spot giver can in fact make balls anywhere up to the money ball.
He has only 1 predetermined pocket, one corner behind the break line, to make the money ball in.
So, I get it that he only really has to play position for that one money ball as nothing else matters.
Still, playing 9 ball, most any decent player can run out the last 4 or so balls, or certainly move the ball around to help prevent a straight in, easy bank, in the one corner.
I might lose, but I’ll play most anybody with this weight that doesn’t have the ability to run racks.