Puzzled about ball scratches.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Just an update!

I've done what you guys recommended, thank you for helping me through this, we discovered the issue and now I've fixed it.

Ofcourse not me, I was able to find a guy who know the screws for GCs he now inserted all the GC screw in its intended location then removed all the damn nails.

good thing that I only got 3 scratches total before all of my balls get ruined

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update!

I've done what you guys recommended, thank you for helping me through this, we discovered the issue and now I've fixed it.

Ofcourse not me, I was able to find a guy who know the screws for GCs he now inserted all the GC screw in its intended location then removed all the damn nails.

good thing that I only got 3 scratches total before all of my balls get ruined

Good work. I did not realize from your pictures the socket head cap screws were never there.

So what about the person that put your table together? Any comment on that? Does he assemble tables for customers, or was he a friend of yours just helping out? Did you let him know his error so he won't make the same mistake?

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Good work. I did not realize from your pictures the socket head cap screws were never there.

So what about the person that put your table together? Any comment on that? Does he assemble tables for customers, or was he a friend of yours just helping out? Did you let him know his error so he won't make the same mistake?

Ye the screws werent there at all, thats why the guy initially improvised by using his own nails with a hammer as you can see in the picture he put one or two to the right, and one or two to the left of pocket, but this is bad because if I hit balls hard and with English there's a chance the ball would hit that nail even if its inside the rubber, still the rubber can compress and the balls will be scratches just like the picture.

I talked to the guy, and he says that since I bought the table used from the 3rd party (Not him), he said he will assemble the GC as provided by that 3rd party, and he says the 3rd party did not give him these screws so he had to improvise and use nails.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to the guy, and he says that since I bought the table used from the 3rd party (Not him), he said he will assemble the GC as provided by that 3rd party, and he says the 3rd party did not give him these screws so he had to improvise and use nails.
Unacceptable! That is shoddy work, and the person takes no pride in their work.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ye the screws werent there at all, thats why the guy initially improvised by using his own nails with a hammer as you can see in the picture he put one or two to the right, and one or two to the left of pocket, but this is bad because if I hit balls hard and with English there's a chance the ball would hit that nail even if its inside the rubber, still the rubber can compress and the balls will be scratches just like the picture.

Total bullshit move. What a hack job. Glad you got it fixed.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total bullshit move. What a hack job. Glad you got it fixed.
The installer still should at least have informed you that the pocket liner screws were missing from the hardware provided, which would have given you the opportunity to research and find what screws you needed to get for him, so that he could install the pocket liners properly.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
All of you are correct, he should have informed me, at any rate, I am glad it is fixed and nothing to worry about now.

I can live with the 3-ball having one scratch and the 6-ball having just two, I did not inspect other balls thoroughly but I think they're ok.

Cheers all.