Dennis O vs Bergman

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoot, after this 'rona mess, I am just thrilled to see pros in action. I don't care if it is on a 7, 9, or 12 footer. Heck I would watch them play on a kitchen table at this point. The FR are pretty close 816-793, and I don't know of any player that gets in action more than Bergman right now. Should be a fun match.

I understand agree some pool is better than no pool.

Having said that, I doubt I will be buying the stream.

I love to watch both play, but the reason I love to watch both are taken away on a bar box.

At their level, the congestion of a bar box is diminished to a point. On the other hand, the baby box levels the field on accuracy.

Don't know how Justin kicks nowadays, but Dennis was a beast in safety play on big tables. IMO, the bar box takes some of that away.

Most bar box players don't like or want to agree to any of that. They also don't play on anything bigger than a 7' table with league cut pocket....in general that is.

In the end, like you said, bar box pool is better than no pool....not by much though.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still dont know how anyone can make Dennis an underdog to Bergman here. I know Bergman's been taking on all challengers, but Dennis has got to be his toughest game thus far. Additionally, straight shooting is just as straight shooting on a 7 footer than a 9 footer...probably even straighter on the smaller table.

Please see my line, right above your post :wink:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
On the contrary, the straighter shooter's advantage is reduced on a small table. FYI, Corey Deuel drilled Josh Filler in a race to 30 at Derby City in 2019 playing 8-ball on a bar table.

I've seen many an APA 5 play like an APA 7 on a bar table, but I've not seen an APA 5 play like an APA 5 on a 9 footer.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I've seen many an APA 5 play like an APA 7 on a bar table, but I've not seen an APA 5 play like an APA 5 on a 9 footer.

I will be watching. It will be a great match no matter what size table it is on, no matter what kind of tip they are using, no matter what kind of cue they will be using, no matter what kind of cloth they are using, no matter what kind of chalk they are using. Equal size table for both. Both have to deal with the same obstacles. No excuses.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand agree some pool is better than no pool.

Having said that, I doubt I will be buying the stream.

I love to watch both play, but the reason I love to watch both are taken away on a bar box.

At their level, the congestion of a bar box is diminished to a point. On the other hand, the baby box levels the field on accuracy.

Don't know how Justin kicks nowadays, but Dennis was a beast in safety play on big tables. IMO, the bar box takes some of that away.

Most bar box players don't like or want to agree to any of that. They also don't play on anything bigger than a 7' table with league cut pocket....in general that is.

In the end, like you said, bar box pool is better than no pool....not by much though.

yo jeff! was just thinking about you hombre..good to see you here
dennis vs. justin is a nice matchup..
I prefer big table pool too but the 'box makes it a closer score, I think
I could even see justin taking it..should be interesting

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Bergman on the BIG table. I think ya'll might have his big table capabilities underrated. Have you not heard of the many monsters he's slayed on the big table for big money?? Bergman has zero fear. Once I saw him dust off my favorite player Alex P in a brilliant match on the big table, that's all I needed to see.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Bergman on the BIG table. I think ya'll might have his big table capabilities underrated. Have you not heard of the many monsters he's slayed on the big table for big money?? Bergman has zero fear. Once I saw him dust off my favorite player Alex P in a brilliant match on the big table, that's all I needed to see.

He would definitely have a chance- he is a great player. However, he would be a distinct underdog against Dennis in a long 10 ball race on a 9 footer. Race to 100, he'd probably be a 10 rack underdog

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the contrary, the straighter shooter's advantage is reduced on a small table. FYI, Corey Deuel drilled Josh Filler in a race to 30 at Derby City in 2019 playing 8-ball on a bar table.

Corey has to be ranked as one of the best bar table 8 ball players in the world. When he gets that 2nd ball break working, he runs out something like 80% of the time.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I missed the end but Dennis was in charge when I left with an 8 game lead. This was moving along very fast, Dennis making spectacular shots, tough banks and ridiculous combos. Looked like he was freewheeling. Not really that much safety play. Well worth watching, I enjoyed it. They are getting out on most tables, the congestion isn't an issue. Looked like Dennis could have taken off even more. Justin's was playing fine, not breaking great, but Dennis was godly at times.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All those barbox events back then, usually it was always Shane or Dennis. Before Sky came around.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Day 1 was 20 - 19 Dennis. I would say Dennis plays like god on the bar table, but I think god might need some weight.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Didn't you mean 30 - 19 Tate?
30-18. Can anyone else see the replay here? https://hotseatbilliards.com/#clip=dw9n1vldxe04&time=

(It was live for me)

-td

Score.jpg