Joe Rogan

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
He still checks in and reads the forums from time to time. He may be one of those who only post when they have something real to say as opposed to some of us who just post to post. Guessing.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Joe will be performing at the Chicago theatre this weekend....I think the 25th.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
he chimed in just the other day on the thread about diamond vs. gold crowns. I hope they get him in the booth someday. From what I hear he knows enough to at least be the 'color guy' while maybe someone like Jeremy Jones does the in-depth analysis.

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he chimed in just the other day on the thread about diamond vs. gold crowns. I hope they get him in the booth someday. From what I hear he knows enough to at least be the 'color guy' while maybe someone like Jeremy Jones does the in-depth analysis.

I agree and I'm sure he'd do pool just as well as he does UFC. We need some some mainstream pool exposure and I think he could be the one to deliver that.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Joe played in Los Angeles at the Hard Times first Sunday tournament last month and I was highly impressed with his play. I saw him runout a couple of times from very difficult situations. He pockets the balls well and moves the cue ball around very well.

It appeared to me that he has spent a lot of time on the table and would probably be a high A level player if he played more. I'm sure he would be good doing commentary. I hope I didn't knock your action too much Joe.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool guy. Had the pleasure of a 2-3 hour set with him in Asheville after one of his comedy shows. If you haven't seen his standup you ain't lived. Very, very funny. Hope to see him again when he come to Vegas on February 1st.

HCCaver

Registered
Hey Joe, if you happen to see this thread

F the UG !!!!

:)

Had no clue I'd run in to JR on another totally unrelated forum.

Yeah, Joe is a super cool dude. Got to see his live act in Indy couple years back. He posts on a MMA forum that I've been a member at for years. If you guys don't listen to his podcast, check it out. He's always got a steady stream of interesting people on his show. One of the best podcasts on the net IMHO.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Rogan is the best dude ever. I'd like to have a beer with that guy.

Yes, Joe is a great guy. I got to play some 9 ball with him for about 3 hours a few weeks ago. Yes, Joe can play pool and he is a pool NUT. I believe he said he owns about 30 custom cues. He was playing with a nice sugartree.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe played in Los Angeles at the Hard Times first Sunday tournament last month and I was highly impressed with his play. I saw him runout a couple of times from very difficult situations. He pockets the balls well and moves the cue ball around very well.

It appeared to me that he has spent a lot of time on the table and would probably be a high A level player if he played more. I'm sure he would be good doing commentary. I hope I didn't knock your action too much Joe.

Frank that was a fun day. And Joe said he might play of 20 or the time or something nothing serious, he just loves to play.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe's a little busy these days, with the UFC, comedy gigs and much, much more. I'm surprised he ever finds time for pool, but I know he loves the game. He told me once his two favorite sports are UFC and pool. Joe is a super cool guy in person and a very healthy man. He looks like he could go a couple of rounds in UFC if he wanted to. :wink:

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to hear him in the commentary booth. I have faith he'd keep the conversation on topic or keep others from rambling.

HCCaver

Registered
I'd like to hear him in the commentary booth. I have faith he'd keep the conversation on topic or keep others from rambling.

Oh man, he'd be an excellent commentator. Add that with his own personal brand of funny - His MMA announcing is top-notch. He regularly drops bombs like "Blew his wad", etc lol.

Joe strikes me as one of those guys that when they're in to something, they're "In to it". I have little doubt that if he loves pool, he's read / learned everything he could possibly learn on the subject.

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read here more than I post, but I do browse the forum several times a week. I just started playing again pretty regularly and I'm really enjoying it. It started out with meeting every monday night to play with my comedian friend Dom Irrera, and that eventually led to me playing in a few tournaments recently and I've really been enjoying it.

I'm in Chicago right now, and I just got done playing at Marie's Golden Cue with Joe Gold of Cognoscenti cues.
I actually get to play more when I'm on the road than when I'm home these days.
Pool is an amazing game, and I'm pretty sure I'll be firmly addicted to it for the rest of my life :)

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a totally unrelated note, I feel the need to post my favorite excerpt from Joe's UFC commentary.......

Mike Goldberg: "You can hear the corner speaking portuguese!"

Joe Rogan: "Uh, that's Japanese, brother"

Mike Goldberg: "I should have known that."

Joe Rogan: "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."

Mike Goldberg: "That is correct."

BTW, schedule a stop in in the Richmondish area, need an actual comedian to do a show around here.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I read here more than I post, but I do browse the forum several times a week. I just started playing again pretty regularly and I'm really enjoying it. It started out with meeting every monday night to play with my comedian friend Dom Irrera, and that eventually led to me playing in a few tournaments recently and I've really been enjoying it.

I'm in Chicago right now, and I just got done playing at Marie's Golden Cue with Joe Gold of Cognoscenti cues.
I actually get to play more when I'm on the road than when I'm home these days.
Pool is an amazing game, and I'm pretty sure I'll be firmly addicted to it for the rest of my life :)

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it.

When are you going back to O&A?
You're awesome on there!!