Can Jayson Shaw do it??

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Team Str8-shot member Jayson (Second Sight) Shaw (I call him Second Sight due to Scottish myth, you can see the demise of you rival before it happens)

Seems like the young gun is taking down some real opponents on his battle through the brackets. COULD HE GO ALL THE WAY???

I would love to see it happen but the US Open isn't easy to win. Good Luck Jayson.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He just beat U.S. Open Champion Tommy Kennedy, so he's having a good tournament, I would say. Tommy's game is strong!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
It's not impossible... guy shoots unholy straight.

I see keith bennett knocked Toastie to the B side. If shaw passes his next test then he gets to face
either johnny archer or lee van... ouch.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough ask. He's a sound guy so I wish him all the best. He has to beat some worldclass players, still. But no one who draws Jayson is going to take that match with a pinch of salt.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
It's not impossible... guy shoots unholy straight.

I see keith bennett knocked Toastie to the B side. If shaw passes his next test then he gets to face
either johnny archer or lee van... ouch.

Yes it only gets harder from here, but he got through Charlie W, Si and Tommy Kennedy so far. Its not like he has had an easy road so far. I hope he can keep it going.

Supersam1914

Registered
I dont know much about team straight shots but if seen jason do alot of gambling in NY giving strong open speed players the 6 out 7 out etc also whatched him beat the 10 ball ghost on 3 and 3/4 inch pockets .He won 10 to 2 . Jason is incredible no doubt about it without a doubt shoots straighter than anyone ive ever seen . He will win plenty .Still thinks hes insane for not gambling heavy down south etc first before playing in tournaments.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Tough ask. He's a sound guy so I wish him all the best. He has to beat some worldclass players, still. But no one who draws Jayson is going to take that match with a pinch of salt.

I conur, seems like I have been treating him like the new kid on the block. from everyone I talked to (Players) Nobody really wants to see his name up next to theirs for their next match.

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
I've only seen him play in 3 or 4 streams, so take this for what it's worth, but I observed this consistently in those 3-4 matches...

He's not there yet. The reason being the mental part of the game. Seems to me he "nonchalants" here and there and - and this is a separate thing - sometimes, he won't take the time to make sure he is making the right decision in a difficult situation.

Now once he overcomes that, then is he mentally tough to make it through under the pressure? He might not have that yet either. I say that because if he has the first shortcoming I mentioned above, then I think he would likely have the second one too.

Once he overcomes that, THEN, yes, we are talking consistent world champion level player.

Some people say you can't develop those qualities though - you either have it or you don't. I'm not sure I agree with that. Considering his age, I think he could. But he had better get started. It might take something to light the fire, something to just get him PO'd good.

He seems like a decent fellow, so I hope he does well in the sport.

Fatz

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He just beat U.S. Open Champion Tommy Kennedy, so he's having a good tournament, I would say. Tommy's game is strong!

Tommy plays great 9 ball..... He juggles 9 balls on the table pretty good as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuIYEZPWbwc&sns=em

You won't hear too many people that have anything bad to say about Tommy. Solid character, and a man of high integrity.

Did I mention that he can juggle 9 balls on a pool table.....

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have seen JS shoot as straight as anyone on the planet. He fires balls in at warp speed and get shape more times then not. Jayson impressed me as much as any young gun I have seen in years. I have also watched him look a little more human lately. All I can say is his "A game" is friggen amazing, but finding that speed over and over is not easy for the young.............Or the old.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I have seen JS shoot as straight as anyone on the planet. He fires balls in at warp speed and get shape more times then not. Jayson impressed me as much as any young gun I have seen in years. I have also watched him look a little more human lately. All I can say is his "A game" is friggen amazing, but finding that speed over and over is not easy for the young.............Or the old.

Looks like he got past "See" and plays my buddy Archer tomorrow. Final 8 on the winners side. Yeah Baby Go Jayson.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Looks like he got past "See" and plays my buddy Archer tomorrow. Final 8 on the winners side. Yeah Baby Go Jayson.

I don't think the match was very pretty for ether player but Jayson got another win against Johnny Archer. Final 4 on the winners side. Maybe he can do it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the match was very pretty for ether player but Jayson got another win against Johnny Archer. Final 4 on the winners side. Maybe he can do it.

He's having a great tournament; that's for sure. To beat a giant in the pool world like Johnny Archer is something I'm sure he will never forget. For Johnny, it's like another day at the office. :grin-square: Well, kind of. I'm sure Johnny wanted to win. :)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Appleton doesn't look like the smartest guy in the room, but he's way smarter than the average bear. When he speaks about pool I listen. At Steinway, 6 months ago he said Shaw would be a top player and win a major with in a few years. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appleton doesn't look like the smartest guy in the room, but he's way smarter than the average bear. When he speaks about pool I listen. At Steinway, 6 months ago he said Shaw would be a top player and win a major with in a few years. Johnnyt

Wow! That is very interesting, Johnny. Thanks for sharing that. :)