the fairest rack

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the interview with a Russian commentator and SVB.. nothing has made more sense as Shane explained his opinion on Magic Rack.. Shane says that it, the Magic Rack is the fairest instrument for racking balls because it allows all players to break the same tight rack, truer words were never spoken. After watching the racking fiasco at Tourning Stone some racks taking over ten minutes, Shanes point is well defined. Best thing since chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream!

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
To really have it fair there needs to be a outline for the template to be aligned in.

There also needs to be rules about what is random placing of the balls. They should pull the balls out one at a time and place them in the rack going from left to right in the rack filling in from the one to the back of the template. Putting the 9 and one in their place when they come out.

🎱

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
On the contrary, there are those that can fiddle with the magic rack.

The fairest rack is the one provided by a neutral racker, and the unfairest is rack your own. Only Matchroom seems to understand this.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I watched the interview with a Russian commentator and SVB.. nothing has made more sense as Shane explained his opinion on Magic Rack.. Shane says that it, the Magic Rack is the fairest instrument for racking balls because it allows all players to break the same tight rack, truer words were never spoken.

Straight from the mouth of a professional. They like to make balls on the break, and with the Magic Rack it is almost guaranteed that they will. Hell, even MY success rate is high whenever I use one. IMO, the Magic Rack simply make the breaking and running of a rack too easy for the pros....especially in 9-ball.

My preference would be the use of a referee/designated racker using a Delta-13 rack and NO player allowed to inspect the rack. It would make for more interesting and quicker matches.

I fully understand that this opinion of mine will be in a small minority, but that's just one man's thoughts.

Maniac

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
On the contrary, there are those that can fiddle with the magic rack.

The fairest rack is the one provided by a neutral racker, and the unfairest is rack your own. Only Matchroom seems to understand this.

Precisely!

Maniac

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the interview with a Russian commentator and SVB.. nothing has made more sense as Shane explained his opinion on Magic Rack.. Shane says that it, the Magic Rack is the fairest instrument for racking balls because it allows all players to break the same tight rack, truer words were never spoken. After watching the racking fiasco at Tourning Stone some racks taking over ten minutes, Shanes point is well defined. Best thing since chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream![/QUOTE

I hate those things. Every C player in town has the corner ball wired playing 9 ball. It makes 9 ball too easy, especially for pros.