Road Trip! 4 spots for pros!

swami4u

Banned
I have a new product i'm selling. It sales like hot cakes at any tournament-poolhall-ect ect in the nation.

The plan: 5 people travel the WHOLE US. We play at every major tournament in the country. The product i'm a re-seller for is hot. E-cigs. Company is Totally Wicked From the UK. The product will pay for all expenses to travel including gas, motels, and food.

500 per person (including me) to buy some more inventory. I already have 1k now. This will pay the way!

Anyone is welcome, as long as:

Your a pro player
Your not a dope head (don't mind some light smoking, anything else gets a camp setup right on the side of the highway.... no questions)
Laid back and DRAMA FREE!

Leaving out of DC area Jan 3rd 2013
I can pick up off 95 south......on the way to Tampa area. Can sway off the route some if i need.

Meeting on the 5th in Tampa.

Pm me for a spot. If your a Pro player that would like to get too every major tournament in the US...pretty much expense free.....here is your shot!
We will be playing pool non stop in every town. Selling product, and tourns'

Any profit left after travel expenses will be split up even.

Not good enough to travel? Spread the word, only 5 spots available.

Attachments

• DSC00275.jpg
    DSC00275.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 727
  • DSC00274.jpg
    DSC00274.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I have a couple of questions for you.

1) What exactly is the product?

2) What if the product does not sell as you anticipate? How do expenses get paid? I mean travel for 5 people isn't cheap.

I am sure I will have more questions. Let me know, thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of questions for you.

1) What exactly is the product?

2) What if the product does not sell as you anticipate? How do expenses get paid? I mean travel for 5 people isn't cheap.

I am sure I will have more questions. Let me know, thanks

Totally Wicked has a web site. If I had to guess, my guess would be that it is a multi-level marketing arrangement. I'm not sure why the OP is trying to prey on pool players. I doubt that many would be willing to give $500 to a stranger who will "meet them in Tampa" with the "product".

Seems NPR.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I'm not really trying to knock the OP but I agree with Dennis and Bob on this. There are alot of questions. If I go with the assumption that its electronic cigarettes, just to play devils advocate how many needs to be sold at each location to make up the cost of lets just say 3 hotel rooms, and a tank of gas? Iwould guess thats $280. Not sure what the profit margins are either and again, I don't want to know the OP as I do not know him or her but I have made a couple of road trips myself and in my head the numbers don't work out. Swami, please explain a little more if you could. People on here do know a number of the pros who don't come on here and so may be able to help you. However I am not sure anyone who knows a pro would go to them with such limited info. Thanks agin.

swami4u

Banned
Totally Wicked has a web site. If I had to guess, my guess would be that it is a multi-level marketing arrangement. I'm not sure why the OP is trying to prey on pool players. I doubt that many would be willing to give $500 to a stranger who will "meet them in Tampa" with the "product".

Seems NPR.

Prey on players? Look at my join date man? I'm a player........

The product sales easy' most pool halls are non smoking....Most pool halls don't mind e-cigs....So for us smokers, that play, having a ecig is a great thing.

As for the wise crack about me ripping people off on ecigs' you know right were you can stick that.
We meet in Tampa' load the car, go south 50 miles and pick up ecig products and travel the U.S. like real players do.......and i have done for yrs traveling......You don't have the nutz too do it, no prob..... But please keep out of real players business grouper' :D

swami4u

Banned
I'm not really trying to knock the OP but I agree with Dennis and Bob on this. There are alot of questions. If I go with the assumption that its electronic cigarettes, just to play devils advocate how many needs to be sold at each location to make up the cost of lets just say 3 hotel rooms, and a tank of gas? Iwould guess thats $280. Not sure what the profit margins are either and again, I don't want to know the OP as I do not know him or her but I have made a couple of road trips myself and in my head the numbers don't work out. Swami, please explain a little more if you could. People on here do know a number of the pros who don't come on here and so may be able to help you. However I am not sure anyone who knows a pro would go to them with such limited info. Thanks agin.

Fair enough....5 people = 2 rooms and a blow up.......the margin is about 50-100%. Selling the stuff on the beach, i made 150-200 a day......

Selling the stuff at major tournaments, poolhalls, ect ect is an easy sell. Players have to go outside to smoke. Most allow the the E cig inside. No stopping games to smoke ect. Plus i offer over 40 flavors and every smoker that has tried them loves them. BUT ONLY if the product is good. Totally Wicked is #1 in the UK, and getting huge in States. 5 people selling wont have no problem making 100-200 a day......add too that the income from tournaments-games-ect and its not too hard. The product sales itself to smokers after they try one. Playing pool on the road takes nutz and risk.

As for the behind the times crack...from another poster, get a clue.....Its a huge growing industry.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Questions aren't necessarily condemnation

Any investor, 'partner', associate, representative, etc., even pool players, will have a lot of questions before contributing money, time and reputation.

The questions may seem harsh, but, actually they provide an opportunity to further describe the business plans merits, overcome objections and present corroborating data.

Good luck with selling the venture concept and the product.

swami4u

Banned
Any investor, 'partner', associate, representative, etc., even pool players, will have a lot of questions before contributing money, time and reputation.

The questions may seem harsh, but, actually they provide an opportunity to further describe the business plans merits, overcome objections and present corroborating data.

Good luck with selling the venture concept and the product.

Haha' really? Its a group of 5 players meeting in tampa, buying some product to sell and pay expenses to go play the game we all love. Nothing really more then that. Only the chicken's that cant travel hate on the idea.

The money side is so simple, a cave man could do it let me spell it out for those wanna be players that cant see such a easy plan

1: Meet in tampa (greyhound, fly, train, or i can pick up)
2: load the dam car
3: go too the main head quarters and purchase product to re sell (inventory)
4: throw a dam dart at a map, and go see what is there.
5: Plan the route to include all the best major tournaments in the U.S.

IMHO if 5 people can go out, play on the road, eat well. sleep well, and gain all that valuable experience, and break even...that person is a winner that has a story too tell for life. Lets not forget about all the fun, cool people, sights, and citys one gets too see while traveling. It's not about getting rich, thats a pipe dream, its about seeing the country, meeting cool people, and playing so much pool, your arm falls off.

Even suggesting i would go to meet some fellow players ask for 500 up front, then run with the cash is absurd beyond belief. And to suggest a pro player
would be dumb enough to fall for something like that is double absurd!

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough....5 people = 2 rooms and a blow up.......the margin is about 50-100%. Selling the stuff on the beach, i made 150-200 a day......

Selling the stuff at major tournaments, poolhalls, ect ect is an easy sell. Players have to go outside to smoke. Most allow the the E cig inside. No stopping games to smoke ect. Plus i offer over 40 flavors and every smoker that has tried them loves them. BUT ONLY if the product is good. Totally Wicked is #1 in the UK, and getting huge in States. 5 people selling wont have no problem making 100-200 a day......add too that the income from tournaments-games-ect and its not too hard. The product sales itself to smokers after they try one. Playing pool on the road takes nutz and risk.

As for the behind the times crack...from another poster, get a clue.....Its a huge growing industry.

Hey asswipe ,It wasn't a crack it's a fact sonny.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

Ok, again not being argumentative here. I think your idea is a good one. Whenever I come up with an idea I try to figure out why it won't work first and if I can get pas those reasons then I can move on and be creative and excited.

Here is one of the concerns I would have if I were you. What kind of Pro player is gonna go on a road trip and spend lets say 4 hours a day finding places and going around selling your product? Sounds more like a sales trip with chances of playing pool along the way. From my experience most of the top pros are not gonna be in for this, just saying. Now there may be some up and coming or lower level Pros who have no commitments and are willing to give it a shot. However there had better be results fast or they will be out of the deal. Just saying.

swami4u

Banned
Ok, again not being argumentative here. I think your idea is a good one. Whenever I come up with an idea I try to figure out why it won't work first and if I can get pas those reasons then I can move on and be creative and excited.

Here is one of the concerns I would have if I were you. What kind of Pro player is gonna go on a road trip and spend lets say 4 hours a day finding places and going around selling your product? Sounds more like a sales trip with chances of playing pool along the way. From my experience most of the top pros are not gonna be in for this, just saying. Now there may be some up and coming or lower level Pros who have no commitments and are willing to give it a shot. However there had better be results fast or they will be out of the deal. Just saying.

It's cool, i dont think you are. I don't mind questions. I don't think you grasp life on the road. The product gets sold in the poolhall's to players, customers ect, With the owners permission of course. So anyone who thinks its a sales trip is way off base. Its a way to pick up a buck a day or so too help with travel expenses. IMHO, playing pool on the road is a losing proposition, unless, you have another form of income to keep the travel money out lay low. So the product helps with that, it wont cure the problem, but it will keep money coming in all the time. Lets say for example Efern' comes into the pool hall one night, and says want too buy some ecigs i need some gas money, and then we can hit some balls for a hour, you going to buy the ecigs and help him out? Then get some good practice also? Sure you are.

The selling is all based around playing pool, traveling, having fun. It has been done like that many times. To many so called pros' sitting on there asses, scared to death to go travel on a shoestring. This idea gives 5-6 people the ability to go do it, and have some money coming in, no matter if its 20 or 200 a day, it all helps with keeping the tires spinning and the belly full.

I heard about a player named pots and pans, heard he got the name because he sold guess what, on the road when he traveled. In this day and age of pool, you have too have $$$ coming in regular to play pool, or your one of those pros that sits on your ass, crying about no money. Know why there is no money, the said pro is too dam dumb or lazy to figure out a way to make some cash while playing pool, on the side......

RealLive

JUICEISBACK.COM
Silver Member
i wouldn't want some random guy trying to slang e-cigs (an old technology, nothing new, nothing WOWs) at MY poolhall to MY patrons

just saying...cuz the above would be the point of view of most owners

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Ok, the travel, the fun, the experience are all good. I still think you are not gonna get top named pros (Like Efren) to do this and so the advantage (that I agree with) of having a pro there to help get the sales based on name alone isn't gonna be there. I am really not sure if I can think of a pro with any name recognition who would do it. Not trying to burst your bubble man but these things turn expensive. I think it would be alot of great fun and great experience for a younger top amature that wants to get the experience and pay his dues.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Not to be a a jerk about things but this isnt going to work. I know that you have this grand idea and it may make perfect sense to you but to others it doesnt. Not trying to rattle your cage or piss on your parade but if you indeed go through with this idea.... I suggest you get guys that arent exactly pros and maybe good shortstops at best. People that have no real goals or rational thinking for themselves. Then if all else fails they can drift about goalless like they did before.

Not trying to be harsh but im trying to help by being realistic..

swami4u

Banned
I kind of got a chuckle from this...You do know who Mark is and what he does before you typed this right?

Not a clue' no disrespect to him, maybe i worded it wrong.... But if your applying he has experience traveling, then he should already know how hard it is to make $$ in playing pool alone. And would already see the benefit in begin able to make a extra buck or two a day, when times are slow......I dont know many players that would not like to travel, play pool all day, eat well, sleep well, and pick up a couple hun' a day doing it. Do you?
Ecigs- Its a easy sell' and it keeps the motor running to open up all the other 'things' one comes into, while traveling and playing.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
It's cool, i dont think you are. I don't mind questions. I don't think you grasp life on the road. The product gets sold in the poolhall's to players, customers ect, With the owners permission of course. So anyone who thinks its a sales trip is way off base. Its a way to pick up a buck a day or so too help with travel expenses. IMHO, playing pool on the road is a losing proposition, unless, you have another form of income to keep the travel money out lay low. So the product helps with that, it wont cure the problem, but it will keep money coming in all the time. Lets say for example Efern' comes into the pool hall one night, and says want too buy some ecigs i need some gas money, and then we can hit some balls for a hour, you going to buy the ecigs and help him out? Then get some good practice also? Sure you are.

The selling is all based around playing pool, traveling, having fun. It has been done like that many times. To many so called pros' sitting on there asses, scared to death to go travel on a shoestring. This idea gives 5-6 people the ability to go do it, and have some money coming in, no matter if its 20 or 200 a day, it all helps with keeping the tires spinning and the belly full.

I heard about a player named pots and pans, heard he got the name because he sold guess what, on the road when he traveled. In this day and age of pool, you have too have $$$ coming in regular to play pool, or your one of those pros that sits on your ass, crying about no money. Know why there is no money, the said pro is too dam dumb or lazy to figure out a way to make some cash while playing pool, on the side......
Oh, and to just correct you I do have a grasp of life on the road. I know the good times and the bad. At the end of the day the players of any name don't want to break even. So I say again, a good, young amature looking for travel and experience would be better for this than a Pro.