how often to quick clean spray my new felt

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have new felt on my diamond, bought a little hand held vacumm cleaner to only use on the table, and a good pool brush to use. so first I brush the dirt to the rails, then vacumm gently the whole table, then use quick clean (David hodges) foam quickly to coat the whole table, then wipe it down with a micro fiber towel.

so far doing once a week, but playing 3 hours a day, after 5 or 6 days, the table feels grimy. can I do the same system more than once a week?? twice a week?

at 400 dollars a recover, I want to make this felt last:frown::frown::frown::frown:

(im using a glove and a forearm cover to keep the felt clean.)

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have new felt on my diamond, bought a little hand held vacumm cleaner to only use on the table, and a good pool brush to use. so first I brush the dirt to the rails, then vacumm gently the whole table, then use quick clean (David hodges) foam quickly to coat the whole table, then wipe it down with a micro fiber towel.

so far doing once a week, but playing 3 hours a day, after 5 or 6 days, the table feels grimy. can I do the same system more than once a week?? twice a week?

at 400 dollars a recover, I want to make this felt last:frown::frown::frown::frown:

I wouldn't bother with the foam cleaner. If you are vacuuming it regularly with a brush attachment on the end of your shop vac, it should stay very clean. You can wipe it down with a wet towel every month or two to really get the chalk dust completely off it and bring back some of the color.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d avoid the spray cleaner entirely. I think that may be (IS) your culprit.

I play a lot on my Simonis 860 mocha color and you can see everything - and it has stayed perfect and feels perfect for 4 years - like new.

- Keep the table covered every minute not being played. That’s #1
- Gentle brush under the rail edges towards pockets....rarely. Unless you use the pool table for arts & crafts - then more often
- use a Simonis X-1 (first) anytime you see chalk on the cloth. No pressure - just swift back and forth sweeping motions.
- use a handheld/shoulder vac with a hose and 6” wide attachment (no bristles - and certainly no beater brush) to vacuum the cloth regularly
- never use a wet (anything) or spray of any kind on your home cloth. Most certainly, it shouldn’t have sweat, beer, stains, food, or any other rubbish on it necessitating a wet wash or wet wipe ever.
- IF a pal ever drools a chocolate spit onto your beloved baize (like my good pal Tony does), may I recommend a same-as-your-cloth- colored, barely-damp, microfiber cloth to gently work it out as if you’re a crime scene cleaner. No chemicals.
- IMHO only if course.

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A room I used to frequent 15 years ago used the spray several times per day on each table. The tables were always great. As a customer, I did not notice any premature wear or other cloth problems compared to other rooms.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
vacuum with a weak one and wipe with a damp cloth. nothing else.

putting chemicals on the cloth cant be good for it or the balls or you hands absorbing it whatever it is.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We tried the spray stuff in our senior center for about a month, leading up to getting new cloth, to test it out to see if we wanted to incorporate it into our maintenance routine once the new cloth was installed. Never saw any value in it so when we got the new cloth we stuck with tried and true - vacuum and a wipedown with a slightly damp cloth.

Frankly I think, beyond the real possibility the spray is part of the problem, that all the wasted time effort of the brushing and spray are leading you to clean the table too infrequently. If I played 3 hours, I would vacuum and wipe down before playing again, not once a week. Should take no more than 5-10 minutes. Clean your table when you are done playing or before you start playing, IMO.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, just playing devils advocate here;
Vacuuming and wiping is great advice and will keep that new table in pristine condition.
BUT, do you play tournaments at your local pool hall? Do they have the same type of table? Is there cloth in pristine condition? Are their balls the same and cleaned regularly?
All these questions....
If playing on your home table is all you do, that's great. But if you want to venture out and do some occasional matching up to see where you stand, it may be under different conditions than you are used to. You don't want to always play under perfect pristine conditions if it will be different than where you occasionally go. JMHO
All that being said, any home table is good for practicing. I know I love my 9ft Diamond Pro :smile:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d avoid the spray cleaner entirely. I think that may be (IS) your culprit.

I play a lot on my Simonis 860 mocha color and you can see everything - and it has stayed perfect and feels perfect for 4 years - like new.

- Keep the table covered every minute not being played. That’s #1
- Gentle brush under the rail edges towards pockets....rarely. Unless you use the pool table for arts & crafts - then more often
- use a Simonis X-1 (first) anytime you see chalk on the cloth. No pressure - just swift back and forth sweeping motions.
- use a handheld/shoulder vac with a hose and 6” wide attachment (no bristles - and certainly no beater brush) to vacuum the cloth regularly
- never use a wet (anything) or spray of any kind on your home cloth. Most certainly, it shouldn’t have sweat, beer, stains, food, or any other rubbish on it necessitating a wet wash or wet wipe ever.
- IF a pal ever drools a chocolate spit onto your beloved baize (like my good pal Tony does), may I recommend a same-as-your-cloth- colored, barely-damp, microfiber cloth to gently work it out as if you’re a crime scene cleaner. No chemicals.
- IMHO only if course.

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never had any problems resulting from, after thoroughly vacuuming the table, then wiping down the cloth with a wet wrung out towel occasionally, to remove ALL the chalk dust and bring some color back to the table - assuming Bondo is what your installer used in the slate seams. I'm not talking about completely soaking the cloth, but just enough so you can see the wet streaks in the cloth, but they disappear in less than an hour.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never had any problems resulting from, after thoroughly vacuuming the table, then wiping down the cloth with a wet wrung out towel occasionally, to remove ALL the chalk dust and bring some color back to the table - assuming Bondo is what your installer used in the slate seams. I'm not talking about completely soaking the cloth, but just enough so you can see the wet streaks in the cloth, but they disappear in less than an hour.

I use a old hair spray bottle to just spritz the table and wipe down with a Microfiber cloth. Works well and no danger of too much water in the rag.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
vacuum with a weak one and wipe with a damp cloth. nothing else.

putting chemicals on the cloth cant be good for it or the balls or you hands absorbing it whatever it is.

Just reading the ingredients in this crap, and I never used it. Oh, I bought one can, but tossed it out after reading the ingredients and warnings. Who wants to breathe that shit in 2 or 3 times a week, for the next 1 or 2 decades? No thanks.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I vacuum (handheld no-bristle) and wipe (damp, not wet) the Simonis 860 on my usual (pool hall) table every day before I play on it. Works great - no problems.

pj
chgo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "little" bit (maybe a capful) of Woolite in one gallon of HOT water. Use a good micro-fiber cloth, get it wet, wring out and wipe. Depending on how dirty you may need 3-4 cloths to do a 9ft. Vacuum before, of course. You only need to do this about once-a-month. Works fine.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "little" bit (maybe a capful) of Woolite in one gallon of HOT water. Use a good micro-fiber cloth, get it wet, wring out and wipe. Depending on how dirty you may need 3-4 cloths to do a 9ft. Vacuum before, of course. You only need to do this about once-a-month. Works fine.
Also, use a bucket of clean water to rinse you cloth after each wiping.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why does the can of quick clean say official table cleaner of the us open? is that just bullcrap????

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why does the can of quick clean say official table cleaner of the us open? is that just bullcrap????
They used it a few times yrs. ago. If you just keep it vacuumed and do the Woolite once a month or so your table will stay clean. Don't brush it if its worsted like Simonis. All that does is move dirt around.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever floats your boat brother.Not here to argue the fine points of rag rinsing.
I guess the bucket of water makes sense if you don't have a sink near the table - it just seems like once you rinse your cloth off the first time in the bucket of water, it is no longer clean water for subsequent rinses.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess the bucket of water makes sense if you don't have a sink near the table - it just seems like once you rinse your cloth off the first time in the bucket of water, it is no longer clean water for subsequent rinses.
Its usually ok unless table is filthy. If so it may take 4-5 cloths just to clean one 9ft. table.