Jay Flowers Tribute Cases a review from a Confessed Cue Case Junkie

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I was the runner up in John Barton?s Contest to give away a Jay Flower Tribute Case, I won a 1 x 2 Jay Flower Tribute Case.

I asked John if he would consider allowing me to upgrade the Case to a 2 x 4. John was kind enough to allowing me to upgrade the Case to a 2 x 4, and pay a price difference for the upgrade.

My Case is pictured here, and was shipped out of Xiamen China on 12/18/2008 (Last Thursday) it was in my hands 12/22/2008 (this Past Monday) delivered by United Parcel Service, after UPS became the delivery company for TNT, John?s Shipper in China.

After finding out I was a Winner,
woohoo.gif
finalizing my order, my order was placed November 5, 2008. Delivery took just over 6 weeks to get my Case in The Sonora Desert. I understand John, and Staff are now delivering Jay Flowers Tribute Cases in about 30 days from order.

John?s Staff Packed the Case well for shipment overseas to protect it from all shipping hazards these days, the box arrived in perfect condition plastered with more shipping labels than I had ever seen covering a single box, and the Case came with a VERY NICE Cloth Draw String Protective Bag no one else has mentioned who has received a Jay Flowers Tribute Case.

One of my most important requirement for the Case was it be able to accommodate Cue Butts & Shafts Sections UP to 31-3/4 INCHES in Length with Joint Protectors. John accomplish this, as I have a Cue with RADIAL PIN, and JP that NEED that EXTRA LENGTH many Case do not offer!

My Case was originally to be a Dark Dark Brown with Tan Tooling, and Letters, but John and I made a CHANGE that apparently did not make it to his workers, and I got an e-mail from John, with pictures titled "See if this works".

After looking at the pictures of the Case John e-mailed me, posted by link above, I said it will work,
faint.gif
ship it, but believe if it had not worked, I truely believe John would have done the Case over to make it right. In the end John's Staff pulled off some great color matching.
grouphug.gif

Honestly when I got the Case in my hands the CONTRAST between the Case Body Color, and Tooling/Letters Color was what I had envisioned. Can you say a DREAM CAME TRUE.
bowdown.gif
I did not want an extreme amount of contrast, more of a subdued effect. The Case's Body Color is Dark Dark Brown, and the Tooling, and Letters Color are almost Gold-ish Dark Tan. Honestly it looks just great, and the people who have seen it in person make compliment on John's work.
arff.gif

Oh yes my Case is a 2 x 4, has the Black Plush Interior and Weights in DRY/Empty Weight of 5# 15.40 OZ. According to the Scale at the Post Office.

I would describe the hardware high quality, the color as like an Antique Brass Color, and compliments well with the Gold-ish Dark Tan Color of the Tooling, and Letters on my Case.

I would say the fit and finish of my Case is right up there with the other Best Case Makers out there, and everything lines up perfectly like the Stitching, Tooling Patterns, Rivet Placement, Zipper Placement, etc., and I would only guess John?s, and his Staff puts a great deal of effort into trying their hardest to turn out as perfect a Case as they can each time they build a Jay Flowers Tribute Case.
thumbsup.gif

Lets talk about the Pockets, the Small One measures approx. 8.0 Inches long, x 3.5 Inches Wide, and about 1.25 Inches Deep. The Large Pocket is 15.25 Inches long, x 3.5 Inches Wide, about 1.25 Inches Deep, and has a SEPARATE Zipper to access a Cloth Lined Compartment for a Jump Butt. The pockets are EASY to get all that stuff I carry in and out of, so I would say the Pockets are very user friendly.

The Shoulder Carry Strap, and Pad easily deploy, and retracts for easy use, and storage. There is a ROUGH Leather Back on the Shoulder Pad so it does not slip off your shoulder. Yes I tested this on walk over to play pool.

IF I was going to order another one of these Cases, I would add some Tooling Pattern, or Initials to the Shoulder Pad, and maybe ask that the Carry Handle, and Top Handle be Tooled to Match the Cases Body Tooling Pattern. Just an idea to others considering a Jay Flowers Tribute Case.

Note as I said above I chose the Black Plush Interior, and I put Cue Butts and Shafts into the Case, and they fit snug but are easily taken in and out. I would bet if I held the Case Upside Down they would not come falling out. As Cue Butts and Shafts fit as said SNUG. There also seem to be a Pop Up System Installed at the cases bottom, to make removal of Shafts, and or Butts sections smooth as a breeze.

I have linked John?s Order information, for the Jay Flowers Tribute Cases, that should answer most questions about the Jay Flowers Tribute Cases, Their Pricing, and Color Options for the Jay Flowers Tribute Cases. I will add I feel John?s Prices are very fair for a Leather Semi Custom Pool Cue Case.
pepper.gif

Thank you John Barton, and Staff for a job well done. You, and your staff sent me a great Jay Flowers Tribute Case,
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

John I think Jay Flowers would be proud of your work also.
thumbsup.gif

Hope I answered as many questions as I could about the Jay Flowers Tribute Cases for you other Forum Members. If you can think of something I forgot, PM me with a question.

Last edited:

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
very nice case sir.
I'm trying to order one for myself right now.
Do you recall what color code from the website you went with?

Thanks and happy holidays,
suge

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
sugeknight said:
very nice case sir.

suge

The review provided the "Color Option" link toward the bottom part.

@CC - Great review, the J. Flowers case is topnotch quality and make.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
sugeknight said:
yes, I saw that thanks. however I was asking him what # brown he went with.

His was C-016. We will be updating all the case pictures with the colors used and links to the color samples. This was a suggestion from another forum member that seems quite obvious in hindsight. She is a kitchen designer and has to deal with the question of what color was that all the time.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
sugeknight said:
very nice case sir.

suge

Honestly I would PM, or e-mail John Barton, for the information, as I did not give John Color Code, just Colors I wanted. :rolleyes:

imax

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue case Colors

CocoboloCowboy said:
Honestly I would PM, or e-mail John Barton, for the information, as I did not give John Color Code, just Colors I wanted. :rolleyes:

Same here CC. I just told John what my vision of the color was that I wanted and he hit it dead on; amazing.
I guess when you have dealt with leathers and their color variations for thirty years your mind can really visualize a described color quite quickly.
I am really impressed with John's work and his constantly trying to improve an already great product.
He really is a pleasure to do business with.

- Quality
- Professionalism
- Honesty (he does what he says he'll do)
- And what I have experienced as a dedication to make us, the purchaser, happy.

I think all of this and more applies to John.

Thanks again, John

Happy New Year everyone ! ! !