Shooting with a predator

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my predator yesterday. Didn't take me long to figure out the different effects of english. I use fronthand english (move the bridge hand) for soft shots and backhand english for firm shots. I also noticed top and bottom englishes reacted differently. (More deflection for bottom english)

The one thing I do not like is when shooting soft shots if I apply any unwanted english then I usually missed the shot. With my Joss as long as I got lined up correctly I would usually make the shot even if I didn't hit the cueball with the desired english.

On hard shots it seems much more accurate. Kinda like my Joss was with soft shots. I guess this is because the pivot point is closer to my bridge on harder shots. I found myself shooting shots harder subconsciously just so I didn't have to be so accurate.

I guess the tradeoff is you either need to hit with accurate english on hard shots (Regular shaft) or you need accurate english on soft shots (314).

Koopa

Ricky
Silver Member
mnShooter said:
I guess the tradeoff is you either need to hit with accurate english on hard shots (Regular shaft) or you need accurate english on soft shots (314).

I'm expecting my new 314 to come in late this week or early next week. Personally, I prefer that tradeoff as the shots I find myself missing the most are the hard ones.

Oh, and is it true what they say about Predator shafts making it easier to put more spin on the cue? I've started playing some 3-cushion and it would be a huge help.

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course with a dime shaped tip you will get more grip on the cueball. Also with a nickel shaped tip you get some wierd deflection if you get more than a tip off center.

It depends how you stroke the ball. With a normal stroke you will get more spin. There is another stroke that I see a lot of philipinos use. Kinda like a slip stroke. I think they get more english with a regular shaft.