AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Exposed wood under pockets
Old
  (#1)
jaddessi
AzB Bronze Member
jaddessi is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Exposed wood under pockets - 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM

Hi all,
I just had my new table set up, and I have one concern.

I noticed that the wood (MDF) is exposed in some areas underneath the corner pockets. I can feel the corner of the wood with my fingers, and it is sharp and sticky.

Is this normal? My concern is that the exposed wood will scratch the balls as they pocket. I was thinking about covering the exposed areas with some hockey tape, but the table table was very expensive, so I don't want to do anything harmful or unnecessary.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Jamie
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-15-2014, 02:54 PM

Who from Diamond set your table up?
PS, if that's a Diamond, it's not new, so once again, who set your table up?

Old
  (#3)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
11-15-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Who from Diamond set your table up?
PS, if that's a Diamond, it's not new, so once again, who set your table up?
Glen....did he private message you? I can't see where he said it was a Diamond ....

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Old
  (#4)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolTable911 View Post
Glen....did he private message you? I can't see where he said it was a Diamond ....
The drop pocket, only Diamond uses that style that I know of. And no, the pockets should have at the least, a liner of cloth installed first before the pocket flaps were stapled down as to hide the MDF behind the pocket cuts.

Old
  (#5)
jaddessi
AzB Bronze Member
jaddessi is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

11-15-2014, 09:35 PM

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Yeah, I didn't think it should be exposed like that. I am going to cover the gaps with hockey tape. Hopefully that will prevent the balls from scratching.

I would rather not mention the name of the manufacturer or installer. They have treated me very nicely, and the table is beautiful. This seems like a minor issue, just wanted to make sure I addressed it properly.

Thanks again!

Jamie

Old
  (#6)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-15-2014, 10:58 PM

The MDF won't do anything to the balls, but staples will.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: