Old
  (#31)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-26-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
As I get older...yup, thinking of death.
Think about buying new cues/shafts and playing pool. Screw death. Fk it..

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#32)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I've been around death a number of times and faced it some. When somebody tells me they have no fear of dying I think they are either lying or this is somebody I don't want to be around. Although I have run into a few religious zealots who have said things like that.

I believe in an afterlife. I don't cower about death. But...
What is it to fear? Obviously I don't want it to be extremely painful or drawn out, that would not be good. I would fear drowning or being beaten or tortured to death. There are a few ways of pain and suffering I would fear. But as for nothing out of the ordinary like that, what is to fear.

I have went to a lot of funerals, the first being my Mother's at age 7. I think that gave me a different perspective. That and my own battle w my health starting in my teens I realized I would most likely not live as long as the norm. At times the battle has been overwhelming and the alternative didn't sound so bad. Thankfully I have my health mostly in check and those days are behind me, for now.

I strongly believe this physical world is not all there is.

Like I said I enjoy life and want to live as much as I can, but I know the day will come. I'm not someone who flirts with death. Unless you want to count riding a motorcycle as flirting and those days are behind me as well.

I fear other people dying much more. The pain that will bring me and their families.

What I have always found interesting about death is the afterlife. I believe we do get more than one ride in this world. I believe when we are in the afterlife the only thing we have want of, is to be back here, in the physical world. I think we are practically begging to come back, to make a difference to experience the physical again. I believe we are shown the life we are about to live and a covenant is made before we come back to accept and do our best to play the part we are given.

Of course it's all speculation.

Love life.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#33)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
What is it to fear? Obviously I don't want it to be extremely painful or drawn out, that would not be good. I would fear drowning or being beaten or tortured to death. There are a few ways of pain and suffering I would fear. But as for nothing out of the ordinary like that, what is to fear.

I have went to a lot of funerals, the first being my Mother's at age 7. I think that gave me a different perspective. That and my own battle w my health starting in my teens I realized I would most likely not live as long as the norm. At times the battle has been overwhelming and the alternative didn't sound so bad. Thankfully I have my health mostly in check and those days are behind me, for now.

I strongly believe this physical world is not all there is.

Like I said I enjoy life and want to live as much as I can, but I know the day will come. I'm not someone who flirts with death. Unless you want to count riding a motorcycle as flirting and those days are behind me as well.

I fear other people dying much more. The pain that will bring me and their families.

What I have always found interesting about death is the afterlife. I believe we do get more than one ride in this world. I believe when we are in the afterlife the only thing we have want of, is to be back here, in the physical world. I think we are practically begging to come back, to make a difference to experience the physical again. I believe we are shown the life we are about to live and a covenant is made before we come back to accept and do our best to play the part we are given.

Of course it's all speculation.

Love life.

I think much like you do in these areas. Good post.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#34)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 02:29 PM

I have heard this from some LDS members, I guess from what they have been taught.

They have some odd doctrines about the afterlife, to say the least. Including that no one alive on this earth ever goes to hell. That, they teach, is reserved for souls who joined the Satanic rebellion in the pre-life times. If you made it to life here, you weren't part of that, so you will surely go to heaven, regardless.

But the after-life reward is getting to the higher of the three heavens. Terrestrial, celestial, I forget their names. Anyway, the lower heavens are further from God's presence, and create a great longing to be closer, and that's the penalty. All of this is doctrine.

What may not be doctrine is this further claim: that even though the lowest heaven is like flying coach or something, it is still so much better than life here that, if anyone got a brief look at it, they'd commit suicide to get there. (Remembering that nothing done here puts you into hell.) Now that is from a jack Mormon, but it's obviously something he heard from some elders, but with what doctrinal authority I do not know. (Clearly, if that is true, nobody would wish to return here, either.)

That's kind of logical, if things develop as I suppose they do. Is an infant, fascinated with the explosion of sensory input and learning how to use his body, preferring to go back into the dull comfort of the womb? Is a larva that pupates into a flying butterfly thinking of going back to the grubbing land-bound days? Of course, neither can form such a thought to begin with, but if they had the ability, I think not. My view is that in our truer realized spirit form, it would be like that. And of course, religions that believe in reincarnation view it as a kind of remedial school for lessons not learned, and more a kind of punishment to work off bad karma, like a forced summer school term if you've flunked. With the goal of transcending that cycle, and ending the necessary rebirths here.

Another curious point is the example of Oral Roberts, the famed preacher. He made a large empire of his ministry, including the university with its law school, and etc. A few years back, he was raising some large money for some new project or other, and he literally told his flock that if he did not succeed in raising the money target, God would call him back home. As a reason they should donate.

Hmmm. What was wrong with that picture? I sure didn't get how that was a good point for him.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 01-26-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Old
  (#35)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I've been around death a number of times and faced it some. When somebody tells me they have no fear of dying I think they are either lying or this is somebody I don't want to be around. Although I have run into a few religious zealots who have said things like that.

I believe in an afterlife. I don't cower about death. But...
I'd like to take a stab at what you are attempting to get at.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#36)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 05:53 PM

I didn't see Cannabalism mentioned

Old
  (#37)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 08:16 PM

What about the "war against terrorism"....trillions of taxpayer dollars spent, TSA, lost citizen rights via The Patriot Act, NSA spying on private citizens, Middle Eastern wars...millions dead....not even on the list. Are ya still scared?

Old
  (#38)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I the thought of the reality of it it depresses me sometimes.

JC

i know this feeling, a few times its hit me hard like a ton of bricks
and you get over it, but in the moment, its really horrifying to me

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#39)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-27-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
As I get older...yup, thinking of death.
Well, you're the one doing 65 on a bicycle. What were you thinking about then?

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#40)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-27-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
Well, you're the one doing 65 on a bicycle. What were you thinking about then?
Honestly...nothin. Neck pain from an extended tuck? Only been 60+ a couple times and always at a time of pretty significant fatigue. I think it really isn't that dangerous; it is straight and long. A flat would result in a lotta road rash, admittedly.

Now, riding the bike in traffic? Yeah, that can get kind of freaky. Especially when tailgating buses at 45mph+.

All that said, I have really begun to put a notable % of miles in on the bike trail with headphones on. It runs behind my house and unlike the trail that goes to D.C., there is hardly anybody on it.

Old
  (#41)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2019, 12:58 PM

I cannot imagine living my life worried about dying, what a waste of time. Having survived many near life ending events why worry about it? No fear here at all....NONE.

Old
  (#42)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-27-2019, 01:29 PM

Attached Images

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: