Old
  (#31)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-05-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Worst half time show ever in my opinion. I'm so out of touch with today's popular culture and music.
You're not the only one, my friend. Remember when we thought this about our parents?

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#32)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-05-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
You're not the only one, my friend. Remember when we thought this about our parents?
That is my point in many of my posts. Change. "Youth is wasted on the young" is the truest adage ever.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#33)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
So.

Was it Super Duper?

Bookies and legit gambling houses had a super day. So did the winners of their bets and the degenerates had a good day too if they lost their bets.
Some had a day with friends eating the food they enjoy.

Some had a super day. Me? Meh.
Now if my birds are in it, entirely different.

Old
  (#34)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-05-2019, 08:54 AM

Was Todd Girley in the line up?
How about that kicker's foot?

dumluk

Old
  (#35)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

02-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conetip View Post
On the radio it said some player prefers to go and meet with Obama over Trump.
OK, I read about at least one. But I doubt that will cause an issue for the team in general. The Pats are Trumps favorite team and many on the Pats hold Trump in high regard from what I've read.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#36)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Well the results are in the ratings were lower, the ticket prices were lower, the half time show was one of the worst. For those that like defense I guess it was entertaining. IMO opinion Brady was sub par, if he did not have Edelman I think the game might still be going on. LMAO! The Rams looked like they were shell shocked by even being there. I wish the Saints had played instead, if so they might be celebrating in the Big Easy instead of protesting the blown call.

The Super Bowl has lost some of its panache for me. I liked it when they played outdoors like this one..
https://www.profootballhof.com/footb.../the-ice-bowl/

Hell they even scored more points, that was when football was football. The refs and all the new dumb rules have taken the game out of the game...

Next year I will probably go play some pool and look up every so often to see the score.

Yeah I know the link is to the NFL title game.. That was football! The now football is what we just watched..

Last edited by Quesports; 02-05-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Old
  (#37)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesports View Post
Well the results are in the ratings were lower, the ticket prices were lower, the half time show was one of the worst. For those that like defense I guess it was entertaining. IMO opinion Brady was sub par, if he did not have Edelman I think the game might still be going on. LMAO! The Rams looked like they were shell shocked by even being there. I wish the Saints had played instead, if so they might be celebrating in the Big Easy instead of protesting the blown call.

The Super Bowl has lost some of its panache for me. I liked it when they played outdoors like this one..
https://www.profootballhof.com/footb.../the-ice-bowl/

Hell they even scored more points, that was when football was football. The refs and all the new dumb rules have taken the game out of the game...

Next year I will probably go play some pool and look up every so often to see the score.

Yeah I know the link is to the NFL title game.. That was football! The now football is what we just watched..
The Rams D played very well, but with all the 3 and outs from the offense, they were on the field a very long time.

As it turns out, an inexperienced 24 year old QB could not figure out the new wrinkles the Patriots showed them in their coverages and how they blitzed about 40% of the time. Before Belichek got a head coaching job, he was noted as a defensive genius guru (for the Giants SuperBowl win, etc.), and he showed he still can game plan with the best.

Well, it's happened to more experienced QBs. At least twice a QB won the MVP of the league, came into the SB with the #1 ranked offense, and lost. Theisman with the Redskins, and Cam Newton.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#38)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
The Rams D played very well, but with all the 3 and outs from the offense, they were on the field a very long time.

As it turns out, an inexperienced 24 year old QB could not figure out the new wrinkles the Patriots showed them in their coverages and how they blitzed about 40% of the time. Before Belichek got a head coaching job, he was noted as a defensive genius guru (for the Giants SuperBowl win, etc.), and he showed he still can game plan with the best.

Well, it's happened to more experienced QBs. At least twice a QB won the MVP of the league, came into the SB with the #1 ranked offense, and lost. Theisman with the Redskins, and Cam Newton.
Don't forget Peyton Manning, 2013 MVP and the #1 ranked Denver Broncos offense being humiliated in SB XLVIII.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#39)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2019, 06:19 AM

I liked it when at halftime they had a marching band.

Old
  (#40)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2019, 06:46 AM

I will be quite surprised if Cam ever throws another ball for Carolina. The performance against Denver was bad enough, but since then they have been going the wrong direction consistently.

Old
  (#41)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

02-06-2019, 10:44 AM

In many ways it's just another football game, and you get what you get. I record them all and fast-forward through the ads and half-time. Having said that I do watch a few ads, the NFL 100th ad was spectacular IMO.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#42)
philly
AzB Silver Member

02-06-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
In many ways it's just another football game, and you get what you get. I record them all and fast-forward through the ads and half-time. Having said that I do watch a few ads, the NFL 100th ad was spectacular IMO.

Dave
Yup. That NFL ad might have been the best ad ever in a Superbowl. Loved it.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: