The critics have been silenced...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Another issue is that Willie made his run in 1954. John keeps running balls in 2018 and now 2019. Unless he duplicates the year of the run I'm going to have a hard time considering him the record holder.

What you consider is irrelevant.

The fact is, John Schmidt is the record holder.

The pool world now has its own version of the flat earth society.

Yeah....JS has a lousy sense of timing.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the new record is 626 .
if you dont like it , stay at home and watch your black/white foto albums .
keep in stroke everybody

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Reading from HyperTexts, Michael Euphemia pocketed 626 balls unofficially. ...
The HyperTexts guy who posted a bunch of pool records means well and is enthusiastic, but accuracy does not seem to be his primary goal. And you may want to work on your spelling.:p

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spelling error corrected. Thanks for the educational help. I will try to be more attentive to detail. Thanks again.

In that case, you may want to correct the number of balls that Eufemia claimed to have run.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Michael Eufemia, straight pool, 626 balls, unofficial, may not have be witnessed by other individuals from beginning to end (but he was said to run 200 balls nearly every night!) copied and pasted directly from HyperTexts. No further correction necessary.

Guinness says it was 625....I’ll bet on Guinness....
...even though they may have been drinking their own product at time of entry....:winknudge:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... No further correction necessary.
Here is a brief excerpt from a manuscript that Mike Eufemia wrote about how to play pool. The book was never published but the manuscript is fairly easy to find in photocopy. I think you will find a difference between what you wrote above and what Eufemia claimed.

CropperCapture[320].png

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 minutes to late and wrong .
i think the guinnes record book early 90th said chicagos billard academy .

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
10 minutes to late and wrong .
i think the guinnes record book early 90th said chicagos billard academy .

I tend to trust Guinness...they got serious fact checkers...
...but I trust David Bond even more

Bob Jewitt....I’d bet a lot on his word also

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The info seems correct, Bob....he’s just quoting Mr Bond...
Maybe there was some confusion between the Logan Billiard Academy, where Eufemia claimed his run of 625 occurred, and the Chicago Billiard Museum.

In a brief web search, I could not find any connection between Eufemia's run and Chicago, but the Chicago Billiard Museum site is gone.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
6:23, you see his stroke slip as well.

Joey -- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? I don't know if things have changed here during my hiatus, but I do remember associating those words with Mosconi was essential equal to dropping a glassful of nitroglycerine onto the ground.

-Sean <-- I'm gettin' the hell outta here!

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about the rest of you but.....I'm going to Walgreens and buying up all the vitamin B12 on their shelves :rolleyes:

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for sharing the article mr.jewett .
do you think the 626 will make it to the record books ?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Name calling won't get you back slappers anywhere with the pocket pool players of the country. They spend an enormous amount of money with the billiard associations of the earth and their opinions will have an effect on the decision makers. None of you have seen any evidence of the 626 run by JS as of yet. Reading from HyperTexts, Michael Eufemia pocketed 626 balls unofficially. Tom Parker pocketed 642 balls unofficially. Arthur Babe Cranfield pocketed 768 balls in a practice session. They all probably would like to have their names added to the record book too.
Opinions are like the old saying goes, everyone has one. The preceding opinion is mine and is subject to change when any of the above is accepted and certified.

Truth.

Lou Figueroa