Starting to look like a pool table...
Old
  (#136)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

Starting to look like a pool table... - 09-01-2019, 01:24 PM

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#137)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
And I get rid of the seam between the outside pedestal caps and the leg panels.
How far off the ground should the playing surface be?

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#138)
dlvh
AzB Silver Member
dlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Keep these photos/posts coming Scott, I find them quite inspiring. I'm also keeping the seams on my GC1.

Old
  (#139)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-01-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvh View Post
Keep these photos/posts coming Scott, I find them quite inspiring. I'm also keeping the seams on my GC1.
Thanks, man! You know Iíll keep the pics coming!

Old
  (#140)
dlvh
AzB Silver Member
dlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 05:30 PM

According to what I found on a web search, the playing surface should be between 29 1/4" - 31" but more senior members here, will know for certain.

Old
  (#141)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvh View Post
According to what I found on a web search, the playing surface should be between 29 1/4" - 31" but more senior members here, will know for certain.
Cool, thanks. I'm in the ballpark.

Old
  (#142)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
I get rid of the seam between the outside pedestal caps and the leg panels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
I like the seam!
fastone371 left the ends of the legs in wood grain and painted the center section with white.
He also painted the spanner section white, but I think it would have looked better with the wood grain on the spanner.
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 09-01-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Old
  (#143)
muskyed
AzB Bronze Member
muskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 06:46 PM

As to fish eyes, the actual cause is left over silicone and or waxes on the finish to be painted. Very hard to get all traces off with a simple sanding and wipe down before first coat of paint, only takes a trace. They do make special solvents to use with the wipe down before your first paint coat, or they also make an additive that you can add to your paint before spraying, that will help reduce the surface tension. If you already have it, yes then the correct step would be to sand it back somewhat and respray. And 400 grit would be nice, but depending on the depth, you may need to start with 320, and finish with 400. If it is orange peel, and not fish eye, thats something totally different, and usally caused by a misadjustment of your spray gun, as it relates to the amount of air to the thickness of the paint.

Old
  (#144)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Thanks! Definitely fish eyes. I plan to sand and reshoot tomorrow morning.

Old
  (#145)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-01-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyed View Post
As to fish eyes, the actual cause is left over silicone and or waxes on the finish to be painted. Very hard to get all traces off with a simple sanding and wipe down before first coat of paint, only takes a trace. They do make special solvents to use with the wipe down before your first paint coat, or they also make an additive that you can add to your paint before spraying, that will help reduce the surface tension. If you already have it, yes then the correct step would be to sand it back somewhat and respray. And 400 grit would be nice, but depending on the depth, you may need to start with 320, and finish with 400. If it is orange peel, and not fish eye, thats something totally different, and usally caused by a misadjustment of your spray gun, as it relates to the amount of air to the thickness of the paint.
The strange thing is I painted the pedestals, runner, ball box and skirts using the same prep: vacuum, damp cloth followed by a tack cloth. Zero fish eyes on any of those pieces. Weird.

Old
  (#146)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Second coat laid down without incident. I spot sanded the fisheyes by hand with 400 then hit the entirety of the panels with 320 using my orbital sander. It came out nice; no sanding marks or fish eyes. I'll scuff and shoot coat 3 in the morning.

Old
  (#147)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
Second coat laid down without incident. I spot sanded the fisheyes by hand with 400 then hit the entirety of the panels with 320 using my orbital sander. It came out nice; no sanding marks or fish eyes. I'll scuff and shoot coat 3 in the morning.

Lookin AWESOME BROTHER!!! Can't wait to see your finished project!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#148)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Lookin AWESOME BROTHER!!! Can't wait to see your finished project!

Trent from Toledo
Thanks, Trent!

You and me both...lol!

Old
  (#149)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
That looks really Good! (like the Great White by the way)
I thought you were going to do the table completely in white with silver pocket dress caps.
(great white shark theme).

and then I saw the blue skirts and panels.

Old
  (#150)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
I thought you were going to do the table completely in white with silver pocket dress caps.
(great white shark theme).

and then I saw the blue skirts and panels.
Nope! I need some color. The Brunswick Blue and Brunswick Tangerine scream '60's. Love them both but I like Brunswick Blue a little more.

Page 10 of 29 « First 8910 111220 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: