Reload this Page Eric "FATBOY" Peterson
Page 6 of 8 « First 456 78

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Welcome back Eric
Old
  (#76)
fromthebeginnin
AzB Silver Member
fromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond reputefromthebeginnin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Welcome back Eric - 09-17-2019, 05:50 PM

Eric glad youíre back itís been kind of quiet without reading your posts. Hey wondering if you still have my Barry Propeller Cue, which you bought from Jeff in Birmingham?

I still have itís Gus twin, all the best to you!

Rich

Old
  (#77)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

09-21-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianmacx View Post
Good grief...Just read a blog from guy who claims he used to work for your company.
I had about 65,000 employees over a 12 year period. There was lots of turnover in the phone rooms. My executive staff of 30-40 people I had almost no turnover-great people. I went into the operations once a month. I always worked from home and never met 99.99% of the people whom I employed. They had health insurance, paid vacations. The whole bit.

A majority of the harmful complaints were not customers at all but rather disgruntled employees. I know this because every customer was assigned a unique number and we could track the real complaints from the upset employees. Also the employees had insights and could make more damaging complaints because they worked there.

We had 1 complaint per 1000 paid memberships(customers) this number was very consistent over the last 10 years in biz. The first 2 years we made mistakes and pissed off customers.

As was posted about the ďCash Plus CardĒ in my FTC compliant-the one I settled with the FTC I did about $250,000 in sales when I got in trouble. I was green and didnít know the rules. I flew to Washington DC and told the FTC & my lawyers that I wanted to be in full compliance with ALL Local, State & Federal Laws and continue in the business. They believed me.

I signed a consent decree and that was a list of rules which I had to follow to the letter in addition to any new laws to stay in biz. That was in 98, so for 10 years I played by the rules.

When I felt it was safe and we met the standards of compliance administered to me then I scaled the biz up larger. Some States & the Feds had conflicting laws much like the weed laws now. Legal in some States but not Federal. In those cases I didnít market into conflicting States. Didnít take chances. So I was in biz in roughly 39 States.

We did have real complaints where customers were misrepresented and every time we were aware of that we cured the problem much to the customers favor.

Additionally after 5 years in biz we approached 2 of the 3 credit bureauís to report our customers trade line with us-it was defined as a ďmerchant card and merchant line of creditĒ same as Sears. It took about 24 months to get the credentials to report to them. The reason it wasnít all 3 is Experian didnít recognize sub-prime people. Mite have been Equifax. Trans union did recognize our customers. It took ~24 months of microscopes up our asses and more disclosures if trade practices to get that approval. That helped calm down the FTC as it is simple checks and balances.

We never touted credit repair, because we didnít repair credit.

We also leased names(data for junk mail) for a one time solicitation from those 2 credit bureaus. We made millions from that. People often wonder why they get junk mail(back then more so than now) well the bureauís make more $ leasing your private information than they make running your credit score. They are the people who create junk mail and back in the day the telemarketers. Most people wonder how they got on the ďlistĒ, now you know.

There is lots more to this, I never spoke about this ever as I was in biz and signed confidentiality agreements. I honored those as well. We played by ALL the rules. Made mistakes early on and ďcame into complianceĒ. Thatís the FTCís way of saying we corrected a bad biz.

So go ahead and post all you like about my mistakes and realize that was $250,000 in biz done wrong. But not so wrong they hit me with a cease and desist or even worse criminal charges. They struck a deal with me I could live with and they could too. So again $725,000,000 in sales playing by the rules and $250K making rookie mistakes(enclosing a application for a general credit card like a Visa) thatís what got me in trouble-marketing 2 credit offers simultaneously, so took the general credit card offer out and just sold the merchant card for use in my catalog.

If that makes me a bad guy, then feel free to hate me.

Proof is there, kept all the $, same location for 12 years and never got in any serious trouble. Thatís not luck, wake up and read the memo ďI play by the rulesĒ, hell I'm scared not to. Show me one ďscamĒ That lasted that long that was that big for that long in the same place. Please show me one.

I can talk openly now as the final NDA agreements have long expired.

Iíll never feel a bit of guilt or apologize for those trade practices. Again what I did in 93-96 was a totally different biz and yes I did harm and live with bad feelings everyday because of that.

So hate away, keep trying to beat me here, the FTC couldnít. FBI only gets involved if itís deemed criminal activity by the FCT. The FTC never got to 2nd base with us. So for all you haters and arm chair keyboard warriors, ask yourself this.....are you smarter than the Government and FTC who didnít win. Fatboy won, I donít win every game in life, but I won the big one. $725,000,000 from 96-08-thatís a $1,000,000,000 factoring in inflation.

Thatís winning,

My best to everyone,
Fatboy

P.S. Iíll go the distance with this, so please try and break me down....my pissed off jealous employees tried, the Govt. Iíd bet itís unlikely any AZB genus can either. Windows Iíll lay +500

:-)

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#78)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin View Post
Eric glad youíre back itís been kind of quiet without reading your posts. Hey wondering if you still have my Barry Propeller Cue, which you bought from Jeff in Birmingham?

I still have itís Gus twin, all the best to you!

Rich

I have every Szam (B&G) I ever owned except one Barry I traded(basic 4 pt 4 veneer)

None are for sale and will not be. Iím going to preserve a piece of cue/pool history with that collection.

I havenít done a cue deal in years for that matter. Only cues Iíd ponder selling are the Bushkaís

Itís great to be back on AZB, sorry about that long post just now. But Iím all about winning, haters donít bother me. Losing does, or shitting in case $ ball. Neither of those happened in the credit biz. I was just stupid lucky and good at what I did.

Kindest regards,

Fatboy

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#79)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
Lots of threads about it, but here is an excerpt.

"10. Since at least early 1997, the defendants have engaged in a scheme to defraud consumers throughout the United States through the telemarketing of credit cards and/or lines of credit. Defendants mail out advertisements to consumers throughout the United States. Through said advertisements, defendants represent that consumers can obtain from defendants a line of credit, cash advances, a ďCashPlus credit card,Ē and a Visa or MasterCard, regardless of their credit history. In response to the advertisements, consumers throughout the United States call the telephone number listed on the advertisements, and speak to defendants' salespersons.

11. During the course of subsequent telephone sales presentations, defendantsí salespersons represent to consumers that, for a fee of approximately $150, CCS will provide the consumer with an unsecured $2,500 line of credit, the ability to obtain a cash advance of $2,500, a CashPlus Card (sometimes described as ďa general credit cardĒ), and a Visa or MasterCard. In response to these representations, consumers pay to defendants fees ranging from $149.95 to $169.95. These fees are usually paid to CCS from the consumersí checking accounts on unsigned bank drafts and thereafter deposited by CCS into its bank account.

12. What the consumers receive from defendants varies significantly from what defendants promise. The $2,500 line of credit and the CashPlus ďcredit card,Ē are limited to purchases of goods from defendantsí catalogues. The $2,500 cash advance is limited to an initial cash advance of $10. Finally, consumers do not receive a Visa or MasterCard credit card, but only a form to use to send for an application for one of those credit cards."

This is the $250,000 in sales I did and made mistakes.

Please show me the $725,750,000 in biz I DIDNíT get in trouble
For. Iím ready, happy to tell all. Itís all done and I can talk now. Before I couldnít.

My very best regards, I only wish you could be so fortunate,

Fatboy

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#80)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
Nice seeing you posting here again, Fatboy
Great to be back

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#81)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianmacx View Post
Good grief...Just read a blog from guy who claims he used to work for your company.
Sounds like ďJim in VegasĒ or something like that. I know that story he has 50% of the facts correct. He was in the programming felt-we wrote all our own software for the biz.

I met him once, in a meeting with about 15 people-IT guys, programmers, network guys, help desk for computer problems. I embarrassed him in that meeting unintentionally. And he said what he did.

You guys know me here forever, and some of you decades before AZB was born.

If you choose to believe him over me-thatís up to you. Iím a open book, you donít know him. But believe him if you choose to.

Even better, Iíll go line by line and tell you where he was right and wrong. He was 50% accurate. Jealous people are destructive.

Best I can remember me saying bad stuff about anyone was a post maybe 50
Posts ago about Mike Deschaine-and I stand behind that post.

Iím not jealous of anyone. I wish I played good as Mike. But Iím not jealous. Heís a gifted player.

I know people in Beverly Hills who have more $ than I ever dreamed of earning & I'm happy for them. If you want to count my $ and hate me for that, up to you. Itís just to negative for me to ever do that.

Get that blog and letís dissect it, will be fun. I have zero to hide.

Best of luck to you

Fatboy

P.S. when I was broke and saw ppl with $, I didnít hate I asked how they made it, hoping Iíd learn something so I could ďfixĒ being on the shorts in life. If I hated on people, zero chance Iíd have made $. If you donít like your financial condition-do what I did fix that problem. Hating never fixed anything. Even if you hate me-Iíd love to see you & everyone make a come up. Thatís how I roll.

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#82)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Great to be back
Edit: Thanks for the nice note Hope all has been good with you

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#83)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

09-22-2019, 05:48 AM

What is in your Stingray case?

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#84)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:25 AM

Hello, Eric.

You mentioned that you had one or two Raschig sets on the pool ball collecting thread. I would love to see a few pictures of them if you get a chance, sir.

I have some very rare examples myself and am always interested to hear a little more of their history from long term collectors. I’m particularly keen to learn about the Raschig Four Player and One Pocket sets, plus the branded black and yellow Bumblebee ball.

Best wishes,

RC.

Old
  (#85)
kevoka
AzB Silver Member
kevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Some States & the Feds had conflicting laws much like the weed laws now...

Truth here.

Want a fun exercise - look up the legal definition of "money" first by governing U.S. federal agencies and then at the state level.

Not a game for the faint of heart.

Old
  (#86)
kevoka
AzB Silver Member
kevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Proof is there, kept all the $, same location for 12 years and never got in any serious trouble. Thatís not luck, wake up and read the memo ďI play by the rulesĒ, hell I'm scared not to. Show me one ďscamĒ That lasted that long that was that big for that long in the same place. Please show me one.

Bernie Madoff

Old
  (#87)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Sounds like ďJim in VegasĒ or something like that. I know that story he has 50% of the facts correct. He was in the programming felt-we wrote all our own software for the biz.

I met him once, in a meeting with about 15 people-IT guys, programmers, network guys, help desk for computer problems. I embarrassed him in that meeting unintentionally. And he said what he did.

You guys know me here forever, and some of you decades before AZB was born.

If you choose to believe him over me-thatís up to you. Iím a open book, you donít know him. But believe him if you choose to.

Even better, Iíll go line by line and tell you where he was right and wrong. He was 50% accurate. Jealous people are destructive.

Best I can remember me saying bad stuff about anyone was a post maybe 50
Posts ago about Mike Deschaine-and I stand behind that post.

Iím not jealous of anyone. I wish I played good as Mike. But Iím not jealous. Heís a gifted player.

I know people in Beverly Hills who have more $ than I ever dreamed of earning & I'm happy for them. If you want to count my $ and hate me for that, up to you. Itís just to negative for me to ever do that.

Get that blog and letís dissect it, will be fun. I have zero to hide.

Best of luck to you

Fatboy

P.S. when I was broke and saw ppl with $, I didnít hate I asked how they made it, hoping Iíd learn something so I could ďfixĒ being on the shorts in life. If I hated on people, zero chance Iíd have made $. If you donít like your financial condition-do what I did fix that problem. Hating never fixed anything. Even if you hate me-Iíd love to see you & everyone make a come up. Thatís how I roll.

Fatboy, I don't hate anyone. I find you to be a fascinating person with an incredible life story.

Ian

Old
  (#88)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
What is in your Stingray case?
Good question. Iíll have a look and see. I canít recall off the top of my head. Could be a Black Boar. The cues I have lots of are in 10x20ís. The cues I have just a few of I match up my best cases with the best cues.

That stingray case is among my all time best cases(and is my favorite) Iíll have to check and see. I just moved my cues from the film storage facility in Hollywood to my house(I just moved) so now they are easy for me to get to. When I left Vegas I put them in a climate controlled vault at a film storage(safest place they ever lived) I take very good care of them. The problem was going there was a pain and getting to them wasnít easy once I was there.

Iíll have a look this week. Tmr I have to go to Vegas & back to LA. I have a 1 hour meeting in Vegas

Best
Fatboy

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#89)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoka View Post
Bernie Madoff
Good point......almost.

He got caught. I canít get caught because I did nothing wrong. He perpetuated fraud for years. They got Billy Walters for insider trading too. Thereís lots of guys out there that get greedy and donít play by the rules and they go away forever. The wheels of justice turn slow, but they never stop turning. I wasnít into that life and wanted no part of it. Just like selling drugs-not a chance. Or robbing banks. All leads to one place-the joint. Hard pass.....

Just call me Fat-Lock

Old
  (#90)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
Hello, Eric.

You mentioned that you had one or two Raschig sets on the pool ball collecting thread. I would love to see a few pictures of them if you get a chance, sir.

I have some very rare examples myself and am always interested to hear a little more of their history from long term collectors. Iím particularly keen to learn about the Raschig Four Player and One Pocket sets, plus the branded black and yellow Bumblebee ball.

Best wishes,

RC.
I have many sets of Raschig balls, one set I bought brand new in the 80ís. I have carom, snooker and 9B sets of Rashchig. Iím pretty sure I have the black & yellow ball as well. I traded a cue with a friend in Germany for many of those sets. When Iím unpacked from moving and get my pool collection organized(I have some important pool history things) Iíll get the balls organized and get you pics.

If I have doubles of anything possibly we can do something. My life got turned upside down in 2011 and lots of stuff went into storage in Vegas and here that I just didnít unpack. Give me a couple months and Iíll know.

Funny I spelled Raschig 2 different ways in the same paragraph.....some things never change

Pool balls are wonderful,

Best
Fatboy

Just call me Fat-Lock

Page 6 of 8 « First 456 78

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: