Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page other one piece tips
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
JolietJames
Boot Party Coordinator
JolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-25-2019, 10:57 AM

Another vote for Dawgduds.
Been using them for the last couple years with NO complaints.
They play like layered tips but much more consistently imo.

Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.

dudding a tip
Old
  (#17)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

dudding a tip - 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM

I know there are other places to get the info and no doubt a youtube video or two out there but here is a nice overview of dudding a tip, goes a little into why and how. The site is based in England and sells things too. I am not recommending them or anything but this article. They have a domed single tip tool but they sell them by the pound, always confusing!

Hu

https://www.snookercrazy.com/elkmast...-dud-cue-tips/

Old
  (#18)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member
evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I know there are other places to get the info and no doubt a youtube video or two out there but here is a nice overview of dudding a tip, goes a little into why and how. The site is based in England and sells things too. I am not recommending them or anything but this article. They have a domed single tip tool but they sell them by the pound, always confusing!

Hu

https://www.snookercrazy.com/elkmast...-dud-cue-tips/
sweet link! thanks hu
and all for the replies

in the dark, but armed with wisdom
I can see

peace & love

Old
  (#19)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Try an Ultraskin ProSoft.
Do they have a firm hit feel, with the grip of a soft tip?
I have a Meucci Black Dot shaft, and I can't find a tip i'm satisfied with, either to hard, or to soft.

Eddie

Old
  (#20)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietJames View Post
Another vote for Dawgduds.
Been using them for the last couple years with NO complaints.
They play like layered tips but much more consistently imo.
I recently decided to try some Ďmilkdudí-type pressed Elkmasters, after I discovered my ancient stock of LePros had dried out over the years, required constant sanding/tapping, and STILL resulted in frequent miscues.
Ordered a bunch from multiple sources, so canít recommend a specific seller. Pricey (compared to LePros by-the-box), and inconsistently shaped, so only selected a few to install.
First reaction...hit like a wet noodle (compared to my overly-hard LePros). And, they mushroomed initially, and required some burnishing to reshape. BUT, now that they are broken in, the hit is more solid (I even break 8-ball with them), and the mushrooming has ceased. I hardly ever need to sand or tap, and they stay fuzzy and hold chalk well. Should wear well as a result. Iím satisfied, and would order them again.

Old
  (#21)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Old Champion, or somewhat newer water buffalo. You can't go wrong with either.

All the best,
WW
Attached Images

Old
  (#22)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2019, 09:15 PM

Triangle. I know some people say they have problems with them but I’ve been using them for the last 3 years and have only had one bad tip. For $1.50 they are as good as any tip on the market. Also check out the thread in the ask a cuemaker section and you will see they are taking steps to improve the problem with their tips.

other one piece tips
Old
  (#23)
Tommy-D
World's best B player...
Tommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond repute

other one piece tips - 10-04-2019, 05:14 AM

If you like something on the harder end of the spectrum,there is an excellent tip still out there if you look hard enough that was made and marketed by Tad Kohara under the name Tad Tips.

I only saw them for sale as a 2 pack,and they were 15.00 back in the mid 90's.

If you aren't comfortable with something at least as hard as a "useable" WB or something comparable to the tip on a brand new Schon shaft for example,then they won't be of much use to you.

But,they might work great for you if you break with a hard leather tip.

My fave tip these days after using Ultras for layered tips and WB variants like the old Sumos,is the newcomer Samsara True Medium.

It's a little cheaper than the Kamui,but in my mind,a clearly better tip. Tommy D.

"I'm going to try to work it out so at the end its a pure guts race.............because if it is..............I'm the only one that can win." Steve Prefontaine

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: