Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Thank you, Billy Incardona
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-20-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Yes.... But I felt it was more about the entertainment of hearing them bicker, than the actual pool content. I felt that Grady always wore the bigger pants as far as the actual knowledge of the game, though. I am of the opinion that choosing to go with Billy over Grady when the two just couldn't get along was a disservice to the Accu-Stats fans... And Grady prolly needed the money more. Much more.

That being said... For my money, Jeremy Jones is the new gold standard for One Pocket commentary. He catches the nuances of what playing to a certain portion of the table gives up to the incoming player, and what move is gonna get played back likely, before THIS inning is played.. 2nd level thinking, a la Efren. I've gotten so much more out of listening to his commentary than any current commentator, bar none.

I don't think they started out bickering.

I think at first they just had two different approaches to the game. And the benefit to the fans was that you got two extremely logical and well informed points of view on the game scenarios that were nicely articulated. I think that later on, things did get a bit acrimonious between the two of them but it was still interesting to hear what they had to say.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#47)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Billy and Grady, and Buddy Hall too, were outstanding when they commentated the Reno Sands Regency 9-Ball tournaments back in the 1990s. Absolutely outstanding! And the repartee was usually entertaining as well.

I regret that I will never get to meet Grady.

r/DCP

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 English Green

Old
  (#48)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-20-2019, 03:06 PM

Years ago Billy was a 9 ball player first.

In the last 20 years ,he began to take one pocket more seriously and became
a real master. billy has age ,stamina, a back and other related problems
that affect his playing.

I always thought Billy was a top level gambler,smart,informed and bold.

I played him 2 or 3 times and it could have been more often had i not had
so much respect for his talents,( in other words I was scared)

I always felt if Billy liked the game,so did i.

I guess his commenting days are behind him,but he has saved for
the rainy day and I expect we will have new stories from and
concerning Billy to entertain us.

I am surprised to hear Buddy's remarks,I didn't know Billy was that good.
I had Buddy and Nick at the top in my estimation.

Last edited by deanoc; 10-20-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Old
  (#49)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member
terryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
I see Nick is still using his White Lightning cue.
Good view here of Nick's cue

Name:  74529152_2677943885571744_5740274828200378368_o small.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  157.3 KB

It was the 2011 US Open OnePocket
Old
  (#50)
Karate
Do you expect me to post?
Karate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond repute

It was the 2011 US Open OnePocket - 10-21-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
I watched a vid with Corey and Billy (I think) and a third guy commenting. Wish I had saved the link. Anyone know the one I am thinking of?

Corey was coming up with off the wall scenarios and Billy and the other guy were razzing him pretty badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6A1QCJTdBU

Funny you ask.. This is one of my favorites also.
I was just telling Billy that a couple months back.

Everyone needs to watch this one.
Billy, Scott Frost and Corey Duel are the commentators.

Karate-

Old
  (#51)
JohnnyP
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2019, 10:16 AM

Thank you sooo much! Will watch again when I have time.

Old
  (#52)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

10-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
Years ago Billy was a 9 ball player first.

In the last 20 years ,he began to take one pocket more seriously and became
a real master. billy has age ,stamina, a back and other related problems
that affect his playing.

I always thought Billy was a top level gambler,smart,informed and bold.

I played him 2 or 3 times and it could have been more often had i not had
so much respect for his talents,( in other words I was scared)

I always felt if Billy liked the game,so did i.

I guess his commenting days are behind him,but he has saved for
the rainy day and I expect we will have new stories from and
concerning Billy to entertain us.

I am surprised to hear Buddy's remarks,I didn't know Billy was that good.
I had Buddy and Nick at the top in my estimation.

This is 100% accurate, well said.

Best,

Fatboy

And Billy is a good backgammon player too, add that to the accolades

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#53)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-23-2019, 04:55 PM

Today I spent some time with Billy around his pool table.

He entertained me for quite a while with interesting stories
about the players of our generation

Many of my comments about Billy and his ability were in accurate.
I didn't realize he had been as serious about one pocket as long as he had been,
nor did I have a true appreciation for his 9 ball game

Today Billy is financially set and his skills are diminishing as is
the way of the world.

As we spoke I cautioned him about the danger of becoming an easy mark,
having less skill,less ambition,and worst of all less patience in matching up.

He agreed saying it was only his reputation of days gone by that was protecting him today.

We laughed at ourselves.

As he spoke to me I realized how great a commentator he is. If penetrating insight,
a wealth of interesting anecdotes, debth of understanding not only pool but
complicated interactions on the human nature of us all,

I realized again why,we all love Billy

Thank you, Billy Incardona
Old
  (#54)
Tommy-D
World's best B player...
Tommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Billy Incardona - 10-24-2019, 02:29 AM

Billy's banter with Grady was a unique flavor,and in the time I spent with him we discussed it.

He told me that even though you might hear them talk bad to each other at times,that it was just a part of the way their personalities both complimented and clashed with each other,but they both had each others respect,and both knew that if the chips were truly down,they could count on each other.

He even compared their relationship to the Walter Matthau/Jack Lemmon duo in Grumpy Old Men,or the two guys up in the rafters on The Muppet Show Waldorf and Astoria.

I'd like to hear Jeremy Jones with Billy if anyone has an example. Tommy D.

"I'm going to try to work it out so at the end its a pure guts race.............because if it is..............I'm the only one that can win." Steve Prefontaine

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: