Old
  (#16)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-28-2019, 09:14 AM

I have a pool player buddy that had to give up beef AND all
dairy, no filets, no In -n- Out, no shakes, nada.

It was for PSA levels (prostate) he said it helped big time..
except his game, I still gotta give him 9-7

Old
  (#17)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

10-28-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
A few years ago I developed severe pain in my arms if I tried to twist them in any direction, like to put on a belt or scratch my back. The pain was usually in my shoulder and elbow joints. I thought I had some form of arthritis (and maybe I did). Pain killers helped but only temporarily. My doctor recommended that I begin to take Tumeric daily, and in about two to three weeks the pain subsided, never to return again. I still take a Tumeric vitamin pill every day. It's the one vitamin I can't recommend too highly. Do your research and you will see why.
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon now.

JC

Old
  (#18)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

10-29-2019, 04:54 AM

If the doc says so, then I'd do it. Get well.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#19)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon now.

JC
If you are taking other meds check with your doctor first to prevent bad drug inter reactions. I'm just suggesting that... I looked into this and the pharmacist gave me that advice.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#20)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Only dry aged ribeye for me.
Those boys have to be financed.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#21)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-29-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
Well, if the doctor told you your anus was off limits for a while, you should listen to him.
:rotfl mao1:

Old
  (#22)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 12:45 PM

When I first joined azb, for some reason I thought most members here were older. As time went on, I realized a large amount of the members here are pretty young (late 20's to early 50's) after meeting a few and seeing others on video and then hearing them speak about others.

Injuries...that's a question you don't want to ask in a room full of old retired pool players....lol.

Like some, mine are many and some are extremely severe and debilitating most of the time.

When I first joined AZB, I had just been forced into retirement due to health related issues.

After retiring, I began to get bored very fast. My doctors suggested a hobby and one of them plays 3 cushion pretty sporty and is a 100+ ball runner on the practice table and is subject to go 50 to 100 and out in matches (on his 48 GC).

Anyways, he got me back to playing after almost three decades of no pool.

Some of my injuries have worsened because of pool but, some have improved because of pool.

In the end, like anything else, regardless of how much you like something, it can be overdone and cause issues.

Moderation, coupled with "listen to your body", can be a game changer or an end-game.

Sure, it sucks to know you once was a much stronger player simply because you was able to do the following that most take for granted:

Stand up straight
Bend over without holding on to something (table...lol)
See the other end of the table or see the actual numbers on the ball

My list, like others, is longer than what I mentioned but, it is what it is. We just take our heart, kidney, arthritis etc...etc meds and do what/when we can.

I'm just glad to be alive and able to spend time with people I care about and.......hobble around the when I can.

Sometimes, I forget I'm a shell of the man I use to be and think I'm still able to (in my mind......wishful thinking lol) do this or that but, I'm not.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: