Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Rassom vs Diamond?
Reply
Page 3 of 5 123 45
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute
 
JoeyInCali's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,766
vCash: 4400
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OC, California
   
11-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
Don't Diamonds bank short compared to GG so if your using the Diamond system your banks are off or so I've been told


1
That's what the commentators of the Match Of ThE Century kept saying.


  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#32)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
Don't Diamonds bank short compared to GG so if your using the Diamond system your banks are off or so I've been told


1
Which Diamond are you refering to?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,460
vCash: 1470
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2004
   
11-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Legit Q for you cobra: have you ever been impressed by anything man made in your life? (That you were not a part of designing).
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Legit Q for you cobra: have you ever been impressed by anything man made in your life? (That you were not a part of designing).
Yes, a gag, put yours back in.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Here is the spec sheet :
You're playing pool, it's your turn to shoot. You come to the table and the only shot available to make is the 3 ball cross side, but its overlapping angles with the cue ball so you have to shorten up the bank by about a half diamond if you expect to make the bank, neither ball is close the the rails. How would you bank the 3 ball cross side to your left into the side pocket????? The natural angle banking the 3 cross side puts it about a half diamond past the side pocket, so you must hold up/shorten up the bank in order to bank it into the side pocket, which is why the balls are overlapping angles.

Last edited by realkingcobra; 11-10-2019 at 10:11 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#36)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
11-10-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Ok, here's your proof. I installed a set of P59 cushions on a Diamond 9ft Professional, the rails were installed on a 9ft at the Bank Shot Billiards in Louisville, KY. They have John Brumback and Truman H playing their quite often, both hall of fame bank pool players. Within 2 weeks I got the word from Greg....to redo the rails AGAIN and install the Artemis cushions they use already as neither of those players liked the way the rails banked because they lost the ability to bank several shots due to how hard the cushions were....they both bank better than you do. No one wanted to play bank pool on that 9ft once they found out how it banked.
I’m going to have to jump in and second cobra here. I had a gold crown that had rebuilt rails, and I went with Kleber because of a discount on the rubber and I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Despite warnings from Glen, I went with it anyways. First, he is right, banks that go on Artemis or even Brunswick superspeed won’t go with Kleber, because the rubber is a different consistency.
I played on that table for 2+ years and noticed during the winter, if it was cold in my basement, that rubber was like a rock...then I remembered that 3C tables are usually heated to make the rubber more responsive to multi rail shots.
Kleber is designed for a warm table....now if your table is in Florida or a TV table under hot lights, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. In fact the rubber might play more true. But if your table is in the north or in a colder climate, maybe a heater under the table will help.

To prove this to myself, i actually called up the factory rep and talked about the cushions and they confirmed it is the same process and rubber composition for the 59 profile cushions used on the pool tables as it is the 3C profile cushions for billiard tables.
This Is where the difference is. The Artemis stay soft even in colder temperatures, and as we all know, they get sometimes too soft under the warm lights of tv tables.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I’m going to have to jump in and second cobra here. I had a gold crown that had rebuilt rails, and I went with Kleber because of a discount on the rubber and I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Despite warnings from Glen, I went with it anyways. First, he is right, banks that go on Artemis or even Brunswick superspeed won’t go with Kleber, because the rubber is a different consistency.
I played on that table for 2+ years and noticed during the winter, if it was cold in my basement, that rubber was like a rock...then I remembered that 3C tables are usually heated to make the rubber more responsive to multi rail shots.
Kleber is designed for a warm table....now if your table is in Florida or a TV table under hot lights, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. In fact the rubber might play more true. But if your table is in the north or in a colder climate, maybe a heater under the table will help.

To prove this to myself, i actually called up the factory rep and talked about the cushions and they confirmed it is the same process and rubber composition for the 59 profile cushions used on the pool tables as it is the 3C profile cushions for billiard tables.
This Is where the difference is. The Artemis stay soft even in colder temperatures, and as we all know, they get sometimes too soft under the warm lights of tv tables.
Even still, if a bank shot requires compressing the cushion in order to change the outgoing angle, it's almost impossible to compress those cushions. In playing 3C, the angles of the banks have to remain as close to the same whether the banks are made soft, or hard....soft cushions, BIGGER than pool balls, multiple banks on every shot requires cushion consistency, and that only comes by way of the highest density cushions.

Pool on the other hand, requires a series of near impossible shots in order to pocket balls when needed, and those shots are practiced, and mastered by those who shoot them, and that is done with the help of, and the understanding of how much changes to normal pathways of balls can be altered because of the softer "POOL" cushions.

When was the last time anyone saw a 3C player play a twist back, reverse angle bank shot, the length of the table into the corner of a billiards table????
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Of course Klematch is going to promote that their cushion will work on pool tables just fine, it's all about sales, not about which cushions play the best on a 9ft pool table!!!
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
11-10-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Even still, if a bank shot requires compressing the cushion in order to change the outgoing angle, it's almost impossible to compress those cushions. In playing 3C, the angles of the banks have to remain as close to the same whether the banks are made soft, or hard....soft cushions, BIGGER than pool balls, multiple banks on every shot requires cushion consistency, and that only comes by way of the highest density cushions.

Pool on the other hand, requires a series of near impossible shots in order to pocket balls when needed, and those shots are practiced, and mastered by those who shoot them, and that is done with the help of, and the understanding of how much changes to normal pathways of balls can be altered because of the softer "POOL" cushions.

When was the last time anyone saw a 3C player play a twist back, reverse angle bank shot, the length of the table into the corner of a billiards table????
And what would happen if a billiard table wasn’t heated? Probably limit the amount of rails contacted in a shot. I swear I would try lay into a cue ball at break speed and could barely get 5 table lengths out of the shot with Kleber cushions. It was definitely less responsive than my diamond table.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 17,386
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
11-10-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
And what would happen if a billiard table wasn’t heated? Probably limit the amount of rails contacted in a shot. I swear I would try lay into a cue ball at break speed and could barely get 5 table lengths out of the shot with Kleber cushions. It was definitely less responsive than my diamond table.
When I use to build billiards tables for the Korean community around the Ft, Lewis WA area, they wanted Simonis 860 cloth, but they wanted the cushions heated so the banks were constantly the same as they were playing 4 ball billiards. So, when I built the rails, I ran low amp heater wires behind the cushions in the cavity of the cushion mold. The heater wires softened the cushions, tables played great, but every so many years we had to replace the cushions from the cooking effect caused by the heater wires.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute
 
JoeyInCali's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,766
vCash: 4400
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OC, California
   
11-11-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkGuy View Post
How does a Rassom table play compare to a Diamond?
After seeing Rasson in action at the Mosconi Cup, I wouldn't touch it .
I can only imagine the resale value if you had to unload it.


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,460
vCash: 1470
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2004
   
11-11-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Yes, a gag, put yours back in.
Ha ha ha. I like your answer.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
11-11-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Of course Klematch is going to promote that their cushion will work on pool tables just fine, it's all about sales, not about which cushions play the best on a 9ft pool table!!!
It does in fact show 2 cushions on the spec sheet.I am not going to speculate or argue this topic anymore.

I will report back what I find from playing on the Victory 2+ and the Ox. We can talk about this until the cows come home, but, playing on the table is what will bring real feedback.

Trent from Toledo
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute
 
mchnhed's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Hollywood
   
11-11-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
I am not going to argue this topic anymore.

Trent from Toledo
You should “discuss” or “debate”, not argue.


Shoot Pool
Not People
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
11-11-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
You should “discuss” or “debate”, not argue.
I agree with you and no debate or arguing!

Where does that happen on here??

Thanks for the green rep: I love you 2 man!!!

Trent from Toledo
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.