Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2019 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread
Page 7 of 9 « First 567 89

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-19-2019, 06:53 PM

a few months back I said I was going to do a 10 ball video and I actually recorded two but I was doing a lot of fishing at the time and never did upload either of them. Don't know if I accidentally deleted them or what but anyway I recorded this one a couple days ago.

https://youtu.be/tH3GbL9H7kI

Old
  (#92)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-19-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BallKY View Post
a few months back I said I was going to do a 10 ball video and I actually recorded two but I was doing a lot of fishing at the time and never did upload either of them. Don't know if I accidentally deleted them or what but anyway I recorded this one a couple days ago.

https://youtu.be/tH3GbL9H7kI
Can you post what your score was? I can then add it to the list. Thanks.

Old
  (#93)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Can you post what your score was? I can then add it to the list. Thanks.
I won 7-5.

Old
  (#94)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2019, 03:38 PM

Found this random little pool hall by my house in LA called "the cue ball". No action and a perfect little ledge by the table to set up my phone so I figured I'd try to film a ghost session, which I've never done before. Wooden rack, breaking with a house cue (I mostly play one pocket and don't even have a break cue in my case atm), cool old diamond tables (9') with 4.5" pockets or thereabouts. My home room (Santa Monica HOB) has sub 4" shimmed gold crowns so it was nice to hit balls on some buckets for once. I was trying to race it to 9 but somehow miscounted the beads above the table and stopped at 8. I even did a dorky fist pump thing when I thought it was over lol. So I either won 8-4 or lost by forfeit depending on how you look at it.

https://youtu.be/f5lUbrnC2Ks

Edit: I played by slightly different rules than the suggested ones. I don't spot balls on a scratch on the break, and I don't count any early money balls (they spot up immediately after I shoot)

thats just like, your opinion man

Last edited by highkarate; 10-22-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Old
  (#95)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2019, 08:21 PM

I finally got in stroke today after months of not making a dent in the ghost. I was up 6-2, and felt like I couldn't miss the whole set. Then of course the ghost takes over, and ends up beating me 7-6. I'm still happy with my performance, as this is the best I've done since last year's challenge.

Video link (sped up for my own short attention span...):
https://youtu.be/DYFzSfq6hTI

Old
  (#96)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

11-06-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
Found this random little pool hall by my house in LA called "the cue ball". No action and a perfect little ledge by the table to set up my phone so I figured I'd try to film a ghost session, which I've never done before. Wooden rack, breaking with a house cue (I mostly play one pocket and don't even have a break cue in my case atm), cool old diamond tables (9') with 4.5" pockets or thereabouts. My home room (Santa Monica HOB) has sub 4" shimmed gold crowns so it was nice to hit balls on some buckets for once. I was trying to race it to 9 but somehow miscounted the beads above the table and stopped at 8. I even did a dorky fist pump thing when I thought it was over lol. So I either won 8-4 or lost by forfeit depending on how you look at it.

Edit: I played by slightly different rules than the suggested ones. I don't spot balls on a scratch on the break, and I don't count any early money balls (they spot up immediately after I shoot)
Good shooting. All good on the rules, they are only suggested, you can play however you like. Participation is king

Did that table leave black marks on the balls? I played on old diamond professionals pre-leather pocket dye days, and they never left a black mark.

Old
  (#97)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

11-06-2019, 10:02 PM

First post updated with latest scores. Good shooting all.

Old
  (#98)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Good shooting. All good on the rules, they are only suggested, you can play however you like. Participation is king

Did that table leave black marks on the balls? I played on old diamond professionals pre-leather pocket dye days, and they never left a black mark.
I've played on a few myself and I don't remember an issue with marks. I've heard a few people say they did but, most say the opposite.

I wonder if it had anything to do with certain ball (brand and age) / chalk (brand and age) combinations?

BTW: Congrats on the most recent ghost race. It's weird how sometimes we can have the ghost down 6-0 going to 7 and end up losing.

I sat and watched Dennis Orcollo do the same thing or close. He was going to 11 and had ghost down 8-3 and ended up losing 8-11. If it happens to him and other top pros, well, we shouldn't feel bad at all when it happens to us. Regardless, it stings like hell.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#99)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:

Good shooting.

At first I thought you said the GC's you were use to were 4" and then thought, hmm, a 4" pocket on a GC is about the same difficulty as a 4.5" diamond since the shelf is much deeper. Then, right before I clicked submit reply I noticed I misread and instead of 4" you said SUB 4".

So, yeah, if your use to playing on "any table" with sub 4" corners your gonna feel like your cheating when on any table thats got 4.5 or corners.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#100)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 11-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Good shooting.

At first I thought you said the GC's you were use to were 4" and then thought, hmm, a 4" pocket on a GC is about the same difficulty as a 4.5" diamond since the shelf is much deeper. Then, right before I clicked submit reply I noticed I misread and instead of 4" you said SUB 4".

So, yeah, if your use to playing on "any table" with sub 4" corners your gonna feel like your cheating when on any table thats got 4.5 or corners.

Jeff
The tables at my normal room have deeper shelves than normal gold crowns in addition to the super tight shimmed pockets. They play magnitudes tougher than a standard diamond. They are the same dimensions as table 1 at hardtimes, which was also done by ernesto dominguez. They are pretty much one pocket tables, and are in constant use for 1 pocket action, but I practice rotation on them and when I get games I try to play on them. I'm pretty used to them now but most people are not, so when somebody new comes in looking to gamble and I play them on the one of the 3 front tables, they are typically pretty rattled by the pocket size

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#101)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

11-11-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
The tables at my normal room have deeper shelves than normal gold crowns in addition to the super tight shimmed pockets. They play magnitudes tougher than a standard diamond. They are the same dimensions as table 1 at hardtimes, which was also done by ernesto dominguez. They are pretty much one pocket tables, and are in constant use for 1 pocket action, but I practice rotation on them and when I get games I try to play on them. I'm pretty used to them now but most people are not, so when somebody new comes in looking to gamble and I play them on the one of the 3 front tables, they are typically pretty rattled by the pocket size
That table plays tough. If a person can run out on that table, they can run out on any table.

Jeff

Old
  (#102)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member
Side Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 08:10 PM

Beat the ghost today on my mew 9 foot Diamond table 8-1 in the 9-Ball ghost challenge ball in hand after break.

Payed on my new 9 foot Diamond table with pro cut pockets just like the tables in the US Open 9-Ball tournaments. This was the 2nd time playing on this table and it seems way, way too easy. Prior to that I played on my modified 10 foot Brunswick for 2 years and the most racks I've run out consecutively, withe ball in hand after the break, was 5 racks. Tonight I ran 8 out of 9 racks. It just doesn't seem right for this pro table to be that much easier than my 10 foot Brunswick. After my 8 out of 9 rack run I googled the playing surface of a 9 foot Diamond and it's 50x100 inches, spot on with my table. Was my 1p footer that much harder? Tim Tonjum told me that after the cloth breaks in the pockets will play tougher. I sure hope so because this is way too easy and now I'm regreating not ordering the table with smaller pockets. Anyway, time will tell. Here is the video of my 8 out of 9 rack run.

https://youtu.be/Ofvnv3fae4o

Old
  (#103)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

11-13-2019, 08:31 PM

Nice shooting!

At time stamp 21:50, shooting the 8 to the 9, is that the way you intended to get position? I know you hit the 8 tinnier then you intended, but where you trying to contact the end rail by the 9?

Old
  (#104)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member
Side Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 08:40 PM

I intended on hitting the rail closer to the side pocket and come behind th 9 ball to double the corner for shape.

Old
  (#105)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Pocket View Post
I intended on hitting the rail closer to the side pocket and come behind th 9 ball to double the corner for shape.
What size pockets on the 10? If they were 4.5 or smaller then Id say even when the cloth is worn on that new table it will feel easy. At least for a little while longer until it becomes your new norm.

Page 7 of 9 « First 567 89

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: