Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Ronnie Alcano once went to extremes to look like his idol Efren. Ouch!!

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Ronnie Alcano once went to extremes to look like his idol Efren. Ouch!!
Old
  (#1)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Ronnie Alcano once went to extremes to look like his idol Efren. Ouch!! - 11-16-2019, 09:41 PM

Probably more than a few AZBers have never heard about this head-scratcher instance of player impulsivity/national hero worship.

I heard this wacky true story about 12 years ago and happened to be reminded of it yesterday by my Asian dentist (a billiards fan) who now owns a practice here in the US:

https://tinyurl.com/quzw3mj

Respectfully submitted to the pool miscellanea Twilight Zone.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
Probably more than a few AZBers have never heard about this head-scratcher instance of player impulsivity/national hero worship.

I heard this wacky true story about 12 years ago and happened to be reminded of it yesterday by my Asian dentist (a billiards fan) who now owns a practice here in the US:

Arnaldo
I've known that story for years.

I don't care how well he plays pool, he's an idiot for that, unless he actually needed his teeth extracted.

Old
  (#3)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 06:00 AM

At least his hero wasn't John Bobbitt!!

Old
  (#4)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I've known that story for years.

I don't care how well he plays pool, he's an idiot for that, unless he actually needed his teeth extracted.
I agree. Complete moron.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-17-2019, 07:09 AM

I am sure he had dental issues and the idol worship was secondary...except for the story part.

Had to be, right?!

Old
  (#6)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-17-2019, 07:26 AM

Yeah, there has to be more to this story than has been floating around for 10 or 15 years now.

In the USA for example, if a patient asked a dentist to pull his teeth purely for cosmetic reasons, and the dentist did, would he lose his license? I honestly don’t know.

I’m going with his teeth were all rotten and the dentist recommended pulling them all, Alcono says “well on the positive side I’ll look more like Efren” and the story was born.

People make up shit all the time. I have sciatica, and made up a story for the rail that I was flipping over a fat chick while in the act and that’s how I got it. Was great for a bunch of laughs 10 years ago. Ha ha.

Old
  (#7)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Yeah, there has to be more to this story than has been floating around for 10 or 15 years now.

In the USA for example, if a patient asked a dentist to pull his teeth purely for cosmetic reasons, and the dentist did, would he lose his license? I honestly don’t know.

I’m going with his teeth were all rotten and the dentist recommended pulling them all, Alcono says “well on the positive side I’ll look more like Efren” and the story was born.

People make up shit all the time. I have sciatica, and made up a story for the rail that I was flipping over a fat chick while in the act and that’s how I got it. Was great for a bunch of laughs 10 years ago. Ha ha.
A new hero is born.

Old
  (#8)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

11-17-2019, 12:58 PM

BS story...

Old
  (#9)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
That is funny! And it directly reminds me of a true Hollywood incident I heard about years ago from an agent there:

Louis B. Mayer, the founder and head honcho at MGM was having an extra-marital affair with plumpish singer, Ginny Simms. (Mayer and Simms *both* had spouses at the time.)

Mayer (an avid equestrian) happened to fall off a horse and badly injured his back.

When Frank Sinatra, who was under an MGM contract, was told at a very crowded Hollywood party that his boss, Mayer just got hurt falling off a horse, Frank loudly announced to all "No, he fell off of Ginny Simms."

The more-drunken celebrities laughed uproariously, but the sober ones were aghast at Sinatra's impulsive and clearly anti-career, (but very witty) joke.

Mayer heard about Sinatra's comment early the next day. Sinatra was ordered to come to Mayer's throne-like MGM office and told him: "I heard about your little joke. You're finished here. Get off the property, and don't ever come back."

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#10)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 03:06 PM

https://youtu.be/l9DiF-_2Gtg

2:39 in, he is talking about it.

from what i've heard about him he is a bit of a nutter. but he was on top of the world once, not many can say that

Old
  (#11)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post

Arnaldo
I’m hoping his teeth were already needing to be pulled, and he tied it to Efren after the fact. Otherwise, that’s some serial killer $hit right there.

Freddie <~~~ because that’s insane

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#12)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Unfortunately in the PI a lot of folks teeth rot.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: