Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Democratic congressman blasts impeachment

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Democratic congressman blasts impeachment
Old
  (#1)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

Democratic congressman blasts impeachment - 11-18-2019, 04:36 PM

Democratic congressman blasts impeachment hearings, says process reminds him of 'third-world nations'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/van-dr...st-impeachment

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., stood by his vote against the House impeachment inquiry following the first round of public impeachment hearings last week -- but his decision to sway from his party is unrelated to President Trump, he explained.

"This has nothing to do with whether you like Donald Trump, or don't like him, or want to see him have a second term or win in an election. This has to do with the institution of impeachment itself and not misusing it."

— Rep. Van Drew, D-NJ
"We have to understand, impeachment is something that's supposed to be exceptionally unusual. It is supposed to be bipartisan. It is supposed to be fair," Van Drew said on the latest episode of Fox Nation’s "Maria Bartiromo's Insiders."

From politics and crime to America's most beautiful sights, we take you beyond the headlines with your favorite Fox News personalities.

"This has nothing to do with whether you like Donald Trump, or don't like him, or want to see him have a second term or win in an election. This has to do with the institution of impeachment itself and not misusing it," he argued.

Van Drew was one of the two House Democrats who broke ranks with party leadership in a highly contentious vote for a resolution setting the rules for the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, last month.

The resolution passed 232-196, but lacked votes from Reps. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., who has long expressed skepticism about impeachment, and Collin Peterson, D-Minn, whose district Trump won by 31 points.

At the end of the day we’ll have the same president and same candidate and a failed impeachment process, and the only difference would be that the president will have been exonerated of charges," Van Drew said in a statement to Fox News at the time.

Discussing his decision on the Fox Nation show over the weekend, Van Drew cited a piece on the topic written by French political thinker and historian Alexis De Tocqueville more than 150 years ago.

You know, De Tocqueville in 1853 wrote that if a nation was more and more often using...impeachment as a way of actually removing its leaders, it would show the deterioration of the nation," Van Drew said.

"It is so rarely used, should be rarely used. And as I've mentioned to you before, it is something that during the hundreds of years of American history has never been successfully used," he added.

Comparing the impeachment of a president to "more like something you would see in Europe or third-world nations," Van Drew encouraged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to shift her focus to "real issues" for the remaining 14 working days in Congress before year's end

What we could do...there are three or four major issues where the president, the speaker, the Senate all agree on...USMCA -- we can really get that done. Other issues as well that they agree on... infrastructure. We could get that done," Van Drew said.

"So wouldn't it be wonderful at the end of this presidency, to the benefit of both political parties, but most of all, to the benefit of Americans, if we actually got some of these very important issues finished and taken care of instead? It will not happen in this toxic atmosphere," he added.

Host Maria Bartiromo agreed that the "impeachment inquiry seems to be taking all the oxygen out of the room," and questioned whether it would require additional days in session beyond the 14 days left to the year.

That's part of the problem, and there's going to be a big push to at least try to get a few bills through the House..and that's good," Van Drew said, "but to me, if we can create at least an atmosphere concerning these three or four issues where we can all work together, obviously, including the Senate and the president, that would be amazingly wonderful way to end what's been a very, very difficult few years."

Other Democrats share Van Drew's concern that the impeachment inquiry is distracting Congress from focusing on important issues affecting the country, he claimed, but it boils down to the final vote.

I don't know how they're going to vote on impeachment, and that's going to fascinate me as well, because some folks sort of change their mind a little bit during the... inquiry process. What I do know is there are many good moderate Democrats that truly want to get things done that do want to be bipartisan," he said.

"I'm not there just to have a good time," Van Drew added, "because frankly, it isn't that much of a good time. So, you know, I'm there because we need to get things done. We have a job. We need to do it -- whether we always like each other or not, whether we're the same party or not, whether we agree on everything or not. That's the deal, that's what we need to do. And there are people who want to do that...and I hope that we finally do."

Old
  (#2)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-18-2019, 04:38 PM

Schifty don't care about fair.

Old
  (#3)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 06:23 PM

How many of you with a full time job are down to 14 work days left in this calendar year?

I have 8 left, just in November.

Lazy entitled bunch of shit stains. No wonder Trump polls at triple the approval rating of these fools.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#4)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
How many of you with a full time job are down to 14 work days left in this calendar year?

Lazy entitled bunch of shit stains. No wonder Trump polls at triple the approval rating of these fools.
Been off over 2 weeks and have zero days of work till Jan 14th

Old
  (#5)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post

I've got 30 work days in the next 30 days. Outside. In the snow and rain and cold. 10-12 hours per day. Then 7 days a week after that until the end of the year. I'm thinking of not working on New Year's Day but will work Thanksgiving day and Christmas day.

I normally work 365 a year. I have no sympathy for those lazy rat bastards.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#6)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 06:08 AM

Hidden in between the lines.

Internal polling for individual democrats is not good.
They were elected on promises of getting things done such infrastructure.
To which they have not.

They were not elected to hound Trump.

Their constituency is growing restless as it becomes more apparent that the promises made will not be kept.

Unless the democrats get some big ticket items to the presidents desk. They have nothing show or to run on for 2020.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#7)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 06:36 AM

The wall is showing many fissures.

The gig is up. They have no where to go with this thing. Can't pass the impeachment vote. That would be disastrous for them. Got nothing to smear the president with from this.

It's over. The shark has been jumped.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#8)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
The wall is showing many fissures.

The gig is up. They have no where to go with this thing. Can't pass the impeachment vote. That would be disastrous for them. Got nothing to smear the president with from this.

It's over. The shark has been jumped.
Didnt they have witnesses yesterday?

Not seeing any headlines on Drudge.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#9)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Hidden in between the lines.

Internal polling for individual democrats is not good.
They were elected on promises of getting things done such infrastructure.
To which they have not.

They were not elected to hound Trump.

Their constituency is growing restless as it becomes more apparent that the
promises made will not be kept.

Unless the democrats get some big ticket items to the presidents desk. They
have nothing show or to run on for 2020
Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J. is interested in being reelected so
he is attempting to erase that target on his back.

Same old temporary position will evaporate after the election.

Old
  (#10)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
You should run for congress but it sounds like the work load might stress you out.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#11)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
What? Are you a summer camp counselor?

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: