Old
  (#2491)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

06-16-2015, 08:43 AM

I sincerely thank you for the kind comment about the commentary booth.

There has been a tremendous amount of criticism going on in recent months/years from a few people about a few others. You haven't been part of that group to the best of my knowledge.

I know Gene Albrecht pretty well and he is a very decent guy. No, he is a great guy as others have mentioned. And NO, I don't like everything that Gene talks about on the forums. Because of his contributions to the pool world, I can condone quite a lot but I don't have to because his goal is noble. Teach anyone who is willing to listen to him, what his perspective of PERFECT AIM consists of and try to help them become better pool players.

Along the way in teaching people myself, I know from my own personal experience that those whom you teach, don't always remember how they got where they are today. Sometimes, I hear them repeat almost word for word, just what I taught them only a couple of years ago as if they coined the structure of the words themselves. It doesn't bother me that sometimes the teachers don't always get credit for what they taught or shared and I'm sure that along the way, some of us imagine that we shared some very insightful things to the players coming up but it may have been something that wasn't important to that particular person at that particular time. Teaching is a rewarding pastime for me but I don't expect any budding champions to credit me with their Mosconi Cup Ring.

Hey, now that's an idea. How about a Mosconi Cup Ring? Wouldn't that be the shiznit! Thanks for letting me ramble.

Gene knows that it takes a heck of a lot more than a PERFECT AIM to master this game and he puts in a lot of time with everyone he teaches and answers any question that his students might ask.

This is a pool forum about the game and the people who play it. None of us are PERFECT. I know I am not but I will try to do the right thing, today and tomorrow without expectation.

JoeyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Joey let me start by saying that you are one of the finest men to sit in a commentary booth. I enjoy you very much. Also I'm not posting here to get on anyone's nerves. I believe I have made that clear.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#2492)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-16-2015, 05:37 PM

There is over 160 pages in your thread. Dont you think i would have posted something negative before this if I was just being a jerk. My hundred is safe. My motives are stated. Come now Gene I wasnt just trying to be mean to you.

Old
  (#2493)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 05:51 PM

Ps. When you started this thread i really enjoyed your traveling stories. The health complaints and perfect aim stuff were not really my thing. Traveling, gambling, riding the highway. I liked that! Thank you for those.

You attacked me and Perfect Aim. Think before you post....
Old
  (#2494)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

You attacked me and Perfect Aim. Think before you post.... - 06-16-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Disclaimer: not a huge gene fan after watching him berate a lower player for beating him in a handicapped 9 ball tourney at shooters in Burnsville for sandbagging(hes played that tournament at least 20 times in that handicap system). Saying that stand up players tried to cheat him by rigging the rack in this years secos tournament, making excuses for a loss or if he does win then he belittles them with perfect aim to tell them they could have won had they had this(guy gives earl the "8" in excuses and complaints, how strong is that!) now false claims about making champion players.

You like money back guarantees, ive got one for ya. You get Danny, TJ, Sky, and sergio all to post on here saying exactly this and ill personally pay you 100 us dollars.

"Without Gene Albrecht and specifically Perfect Aim there is no way I would be a champion today"

Gene you are a good player (not debatable). I believe you have a lot of knowledge that you could share to help people (also not debatable). But come on now.

Where in this first post did I say this:

Without Gene Albrecht and specifically Perfect Aim there is no way I would be a champion today"

Those are your exact words. just look above.

Here's the post you came up with all this stuff from.

I personally know Sergios father Joe.
When I was in Milwaukee teaching and playing I worked with Sergio. I think he was only 10 years old at the time. Maybe 11.

When I would see him and his father I would work with him a little her and a little there.

He's only 15 years old now. They don't let him play in any non master tournys anymore. The kids playing pretty sporty.

He actually told me that he tries to teach some players Perfect Aim because it works and it's a big factor in his very young playing career.

Sergio works real hard at the game. I'll bet there isn't another 15 year old that can keep up with him in the world. Understanding Perfect Aim just got him there a lot faster than the school of hard knocks would have.

If you want maybe you might want to ask Sky Woodard how Perfect aim works.

Or maybe Danny Olsen. Or Maybe TJ Stienhouse .

I could list more but I don't think it would matter. The people that learn Perfect Aim know how well it works.

That's it. Your writing things on here that I did not say.......

If you had learned what I teach you would understand the magnitude with which it can help any player at any stage in their pool career.

Your post on this thread was a no win situation for you or me right from the start.

Try to make me look bad with assumptions and attack what I teach, Perfect Aim. Basically calling me and what I teach a lie.

Bad deal all the way around...........

Last edited by genomachino; 06-16-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Old
  (#2495)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member

06-16-2015, 09:10 PM

What I did do that you didn't was ask some of the people you named. I knew it didn't work for them or take them to any "next level" before I posted. I thought it was wrong of you to post there names(endorsing) your perfect aim without asking them first. When you use an athletes, especially champions names it implies to others that this product helped them become champions. Its ok its not going to work for everyone or make that big of a difference to them. Others it may. Like I said before your a good player and DO have something to share with players. You just made the mistake of using their names(to endorse your product)(to make money) without asking. That is unethical and wrong I didn't like it so I said something.

We are all trying to help each other..........
Old
  (#2496)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

We are all trying to help each other.......... - 06-16-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
What I did do that you didn't was ask some of the people you named.Without Gene Albrecht and specifically Perfect Aim there is no way I would be a champion today"
) your perfect aim without asking them first. When you use an athletes, especially champions names it implies to others that this product helped them become champions. Its ok its not going to work for everyone or make that big of a difference to them. Others it may. Like I said before your a good player and DO have something to share with players. You just made the mistake of using their names(to endorse your product)(to make money) without asking. That is unethical and wrong I didn't like it so I said something.
In this pool world of ours we all need to help each other.

By the way, Which one did you know that it didn't work for.

Sky, TJ, Danny or Sergio. Or how about Rodney Morris.

I know better than that. You put words on here that are not true so you can make a temporary point. One that can easily be disproved by all of these young guns and Rodney.

Your the judge and jury on this. Must be nice.

I didn't say without Perfect Aim they wouldn't ever be a Champion. You did. I just said it helped get them there a little faster and I believe it did.

If you ever learned how this worked you would know that it does work for everyone. I didn't invent anything but just learned how the eyes naturally work when aiming a pool shot. 5 years of traveling and teaching.

This was just an attempt to make me look bad. It started out like that and it still sits like that.

If you want to talk about this more talk to me at Shooters and we can call these guys one at a time and you will see what they say being asked the correct questions.

Pretty simple. I was there Monday night. I thought you were coming.

I would like to know who this mystery person is.

Last edited by genomachino; 06-16-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Shooters Billiards in Burnsville MN Wed nite handicap tournament.
Old
  (#2497)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Shooters Billiards in Burnsville MN Wed nite handicap tournament. - 06-17-2015, 01:58 PM

This has got to be one of the toughest tournament in the country and it's ran for a long time.

Sometimes they get close to 32 players but right now in the summer it's more like 16 to 20.

Everyone in the area should get in this tourney to try to sharpen their skills. The handicaps are fair and they usually get it right.

Every once in a while they get a players that is a little under rated but they fix it quick.

The entry is only $15 or wait maybe $14 or $16. That's how much that matters.

I wish they would start it earlier than 7:00PM though because if you get to the finals it might keep you there until 2:00 AM. I'm sure that keeps some players away.

For example. I'm rated a pro ++. When I play a player that is rated B I need to spot them one game one the wire to 5, The 6 7 8 wild and all the breaks.

That turns that player into a Champion so you need to play well to win.

One of the best handicap tournaments in the world........

Old
  (#2498)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

06-17-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genomachino View Post
This has got to be one of the toughest tournament in the country and it's ran for a long time.

Sometimes they get close to 32 players but right now in the summer it's more like 16 to 20.

Everyone in the area should get in this tourney to try to sharpen their skills. The handicaps are fair and they usually get it right.

Every once in a while they get a players that is a little under rated but they fix it quick.

The entry is only $15 or wait maybe $14 or $16. That's how much that matters.

I wish they would start it earlier than 7:00PM though because if you get to the finals it might keep you there until 2:00 AM. I'm sure that keeps some players away.

For example. I'm rated a pro ++. When I play a player that is rated B I need to spot them one game one the wire to 5, The 6 7 8 wild and all the breaks.

That turns that player into a Champion so you need to play well to win.

One of the best handicap tournaments in the world........
Toughest in the COUNTRY? Best handicapped in the WORLD? Gene, have you been hanging around with CW lately? Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Who's CW Johnny........
Old
  (#2499)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Who's CW Johnny........ - 06-18-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
Toughest in the COUNTRY? Best handicapped in the WORLD? Gene, have you been hanging around with CW lately? Johnnyt
It's not the best handicapped. The handicaps make it really hard for the better player to win.

It turns everyone into a champion. Even the B players.

Example: I'm rated as high as it goes at a pro ++. When I play a B player I need to give them 2 on the wire, All the breaks and the 6 7 8 all wild. In a race to 5.

It's good for your game because it really puts the pressure on a good player all the time.

Old
  (#2500)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2015, 01:11 AM

The fact that he "couldnthinkof01" makes me think maybe he has ran out of ones to think of or she really was "thinking" challenged. A real name and your playing level will help speed this up... Name is more important than level tho here because we have like 2 D players with recognized names and another anon D that troll AZ CONSTANTLY.....

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#2501)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

06-18-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
The fact that he "couldnthinkof01" makes me think maybe he has ran out of ones to think of or she really was "thinking" challenged. A real name and your playing level will help speed this up... Name is more important than level tho here because we have like 2 D players with recognized names and another anon D that troll AZ CONSTANTLY.....
You sellers need to stick together. Don't let anyone take your free roll ads away. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

His tips play well................
Old
  (#2502)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

His tips play well................ - 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
You sellers need to stick together. Don't let anyone take your free roll ads away. Johnnyt
Basically they took the old school tips that we all loved and played with and treated the tips in a manner that kept their shape and their great playability.

If you liked a LaPro, Elk Master and there is one more you will love these tips.

They actually last and don't break down. You don't have to reshape them every other day.

Try'em Johnny. Chris would probably send you a free sample.

If something works I tell players, if it doesn't I'll tell them that also.

I loved a LaPro. This is like a LaPro on steroids.

Two Stooges tonight, great time..........
Old
  (#2503)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Two Stooges tonight, great time.......... - 06-21-2015, 12:29 AM

Two Stooges has 2 good weekly tournaments.

Sat at 4:00 PM they have 8 ball race to 5 double elim. race to 4 on the losers. Alternate break.

Sunday at 4:00 PM they have 9 ball race to 7 double elim. race to 6 on the losers. Alternate break.

They also have a break pot. it was up to 120 per ball. I was lucky enough to get my name drawn and then lucky to make the 10 and the 6 on the break. Shot the 1, 2, 3 and got hooked on the 4 ball. It was worth $480. Not bad.

Then I won the 8 ball and that paid another $90.

I go there pretty much every Sat that there isn't a big tourney somewhere. So much fun for $15 entry. Then I buy $25 worth of tickets and we're off to the races.

Stooges also adds $100 to each tourney.

Today I think they had just over 20 players. tough field to get through also. Even Greg Fix came out of hiding and had some fun. It was great to see him.

Then I went over to Jimmys pro billiards and hit some racks with one of my recent students. He's hitting'em pretty sporty.

I also talked to Jimmy's manager Mya, I don't know if I spelled it right. She's really a nice person and I told her Jimmy needs to get a tourney on Tuesday and Thursday. Noone up in the cities has one on those nights. She's pretty excited about it and it would be great for the players.

I lines up a few more lessons for next week.

Also I worked with a guys from Albert Lee Mn. He had his wife and daughters there and I also worked with them also. The one daughter really started shooting good once she got the left eye in the right place. She's right handed and left eye dominant.

I worked with them all in between matches.so there was never a dull moment.

Dan Voller even played tonight. He got pretty drunk after awhile and Gilligan, one of the great backers here in the cities, was going to put up $500 so we could play 5 ahead one pocket. $100 per game.

I don't play one pocket hardly at all but I would have loved to see him beat me when he's drunk. He plays pretty good like that but pool is pool. One Pocket or not.

He got booted out before we could make it happen.

Oh well. So overall it was about a $600 night.

Not bad for a small weekly tournament.

Tomorrow it's back at Stooges for the 9 ball.

They keep it rolling up here in in the Twin cities.

Sunday at Two Stooges 9 ball.......
Old
  (#2504)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Sunday at Two Stooges 9 ball....... - 06-21-2015, 11:08 PM

Got lucky again today and got drawn for the 10 ball Break and run.

I guess the secret is to buy more tickets than anyone else.

Broke dry.

The good news is I won the 9 ball tournament so I came out ahead for the day anyway, even after buying the tickets. Each ball would have been worth $108 .

Other than that not much going on.

Stopped at Jimmys Pro billiards and it looks like it will be a go on the Tuesday and Thurday night tournaments there. I'm going to have to do a little work to get the word out but it shouldn't be too tough.

He should have a $20 entry. Add $50 with 8 players and $100 if he gets 16 or more. I'm sure he will be getting more. He's got a full kitchen and to make a few pizzas and pass them around would be pretty cool. Show the players that he wants them there and give a little back. He also needs to start a break and run pot.

He's got some of the best equipment in town. great place to play. good food and all kinds of beer. Now he just has to step on the gas and take it to the next level. Get that place packed every night. Jimmy's Pro Billiards is really on the up swing. He's doing a great job.

That would fill up each day of the week with weekly tournaments in the Twin Cities area.

Right now it's Monday at Shooters in Burnsville. 9 ball race to 5 winner breaks. $15.00 entry.

Tuesday at Jimmys Pro Billiards. 8 ball, race to 5 alternate break. $20.00 entry.

Wed at Shooters in Burnsville, handicap 9 ball race to 5 $15.00 entry.

Thursday at Jimmys. 9 ball race to 6 alternate break $20 entry.

Friday at CR's 9 ball race to 5. $15.00 entry.

Sat at Two Stooges. 8 ball $15.00 entry race to 5.

Sunday at Two Stooges 9 ball race to 7 $15 entry.

They all have break and run pots so there is good motivation to get out and play.

Besides the leagues, which are limited in the summer months, these weekly tournaments keep players playing. the more that come, the more we build pool. Right now there is a pretty good nucleus.

Traveling around the country I see that these weekly tournaments are so important for the pool halls and the players.

So if anyone from around the country comes here to work for a week or 2 there is plenty to pick from as far as weekly tournys.

The players I'm giving lessons to are coming back every week. Good to see. Play better they want to play more.

Just the way it is.

Shooters Billiards tonight............
Old
  (#2505)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

Shooters Billiards tonight............ - 06-22-2015, 01:51 PM

This is one of the longest running tournaments in the Twin Cities area.

Race to 5 9 ball on 9 foot Brunswick gold crowns.

$15 entry with double elimination.

I will be there and willing to give any player that wants to see how Perfect Aim works a free mini lesson.

Mini lesson is important because until you see this you won't even begin to understand how much easier this make it to see and aim a shot better.

See you all there..........

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: