Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page America: Founded By Geniuses And Run By Idiots
Page 4 of 43 « First 234 5614 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.
The show must go on.....
Old
  (#46)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

The show must go on..... - 01-05-2014, 07:02 AM

U.S. Waived Laws to Keep F-35 on Track with Parts Made in China
January 4th, 2014

Via: Reuters:

The Pentagon repeatedly waived laws banning Chinese-built components on U.S. weapons in order to keep the $392 billion Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter program on track in 2012 and 2013, even as U.S. officials were voicing concern about China’s espionage and military buildup.

According to Pentagon documents reviewed by Reuters, chief U.S. arms buyer Frank Kendall allowed two F-35 suppliers, Northrop Grumman Corp and Honeywell International Inc, to use Chinese magnets for the new warplane’s radar system, landing gears and other hardware. Without the waivers, both companies could have faced sanctions for violating federal law and the F-35 program could have faced further delays.

“It was a pretty big deal and an unusual situation because there’s a prohibition on doing defense work in China, even if it’s inadvertent,” said Frank Kenlon, who recently retired as a senior Pentagon procurement official and now teaches at American University. “I’d never seen this happen before.”

Old
  (#47)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

01-05-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
U.S. Waived Laws to Keep F-35 on Track with Parts Made in China
January 4th, 2014

Via: Reuters:

The Pentagon repeatedly waived laws banning Chinese-built components on U.S. weapons in order to keep the $392 billion Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter program on track in 2012 and 2013, even as U.S. officials were voicing concern about China’s espionage and military buildup.

According to Pentagon documents reviewed by Reuters, chief U.S. arms buyer Frank Kendall allowed two F-35 suppliers, Northrop Grumman Corp and Honeywell International Inc, to use Chinese magnets for the new warplane’s radar system, landing gears and other hardware. Without the waivers, both companies could have faced sanctions for violating federal law and the F-35 program could have faced further delays.

“It was a pretty big deal and an unusual situation because there’s a prohibition on doing defense work in China, even if it’s inadvertent,” said Frank Kenlon, who recently retired as a senior Pentagon procurement official and now teaches at American University. “I’d never seen this happen before.”
Sanctions and embargos are to harm only the little productive Mundanes (aka "chumps"), not the elite parasites or war-mongers. So, in a politically-dominated, imperialist world of warcraft, that's ok. In a moral world, of course, murder by such violence is wrong on its face.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#48)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-05-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Sanctions and embargos are to harm only the little productive Mundanes (aka "chumps"), not the elite parasites or war-mongers. So, in a politically-dominated, imperialist world of warcraft, that's ok. In a moral world, of course, murder by such violence is wrong on its face.

Jeff Livingston
Iraq comes to mind...Sadman Hussein.

dumluk

......Idiots.....
Old
  (#49)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

......Idiots..... - 01-11-2014, 09:03 PM

Government Spent $224,863 On "Custom-Fit" Condoms
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/11/2014 - 18:50

Money well-spent, we are sure some would suggest; but when the National Institute of Health spends $224,863 to test 95 "custom-fitted" condoms so every hard-working American man can choose the one that fits 'just right', we suggest the government is stretching the tax dollar a little too far. As NY Post reports, the study was prompted by concern that despite the wide-scale promotion of latex condoms to help prevent the spread of HIV, their use remains "disappointingly low," because, the government says, one-third to one-half of men complain of poor-fitting prophylactics and are less likely to use them... apparently. Of course, we assume, when questioned, all said the condom was 'too small'.

America: Founded By Geniuses And Run By Idiots
Old
  (#50)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

America: Founded By Geniuses And Run By Idiots - 01-11-2014, 10:25 PM

While this thread has been around for a good while now, every time I see the bamster on TV telling yet another lie, I'm reminded just how accurate the title of it is.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#51)
ps611846
AzB Silver Member
ps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond reputeps611846 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmutz View Post
, liars, thieves, murderers, conmen, thugs, gangsters, defrauders, molesters, rapists, drug dealers, arms dealers, arsonists, torturers, power hungry madmen, counterfeiters, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.
Zionists and their puppets. Nothing more.

And people actually believe what they print....
Old
  (#52)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

And people actually believe what they print.... - 01-13-2014, 11:10 AM

More "proof"....
Old
  (#53)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

More "proof".... - 02-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Idiots Are In Control

I’m amazed when grown men sit down trying to end the civil war in Syria and expect Bashard al-Assad to clear out and turn the country over to someone else with a gun. The US had a civil war and there were about a 750,000 deaths. Civil wars end sooner or later, they run out of grave diggers.

We have a President that thinks a minimum wage of 10 dollars per hour will solve the problems food stamps and unemployment insurance couldn’t cure. The people in China building our cell phones get 60 dollars a week. It kind of makes you wonder, if we are paying too much for flipping hamburgers. We certainly have no way to off-shore the restaurant business.

If you’re in Mexico assembling wide screen TV’s at 60 cents an hour, any job in California is a step up. No wonder we have an immigration problem, Mexico has a wage problem. 10 dollars an hour is heaven, Obama has become the patron saint for illegal aliens.

Obama’ wife thinks that modifying the school lunch program to make it healthy will keep kids mean and lean. The only problem, if it doesn’t taste good, you’re not going to sell many school lunches. Net result; satisfy your customer or go out of business. It is irritating to see trash cans fill with perfectly good food in the name of bureaucracy. The kid doesn’t have to eat the apple; it just has to be on his tray for the school to be up to government standards. The supermarket down the street sells lots of greasy chicken. If you do the math, a trash can full of chicken bones weighs a lot less that a trash can full of uneaten fruit.

Obama just praised CVS pharmacy for discontinuing the sale of cigarettes. The government can screw up my animal fat fried French fries (because they are unhealthy) and at the same time tax me to death if I want to smoke cigarettes. If the government was to ban cigarettes, people would be healthier and live longer, which is ultimately bad for the Social Security fund and bad for government programs that depend on the cigarette taxes. My guess is that CVS figured out that at $6 dollars a pack, the kids would rather smoke dope, and the only other people with money were the elderly buying prescription drugs.

"Obamacare" is turning into one of those nightmares with subtitles like, “What voter did you piss off today.” It’s nice to know that the government needs a lot of young people signing up to pay for all of the old farts already sucking money out of the plan. One is buying “insurance,” and the other is receiving “benefits.” My doctor really likes me, I’m 67 and have private health insurance; he mentioned that he doesn't take Medicare patients anymore (and didn’t elaborate why), but he was firm and meant it.

Ben Bernanke’s last week in office, brought up the image in my mind of a teacher passing out stick matches in a day care center, one to each kid. Everyone was happy they got one and that he was leaving.

Janet Yellen and Jack Lew are Obama’s picks for the Fed and Treasury, the new Laurel and Hardy of Wall Street. Why do I get the feeling that neither one has a restroom key?

The national debt is up for a vote in Congress soon. It kind of reminds me of a turkey farm I use to fly over years ago in Greeley Colorado. There were about 6,000 baby turkeys in a huge greenhouse like enclosure about 600 feet in length. It was heated by two gas heaters, one at each end. I had just taken off the runway when one of the greenhouses caught on fire. The wind had extinguished the lit flame on the one burner and over a long length of time,the unlit gas reached the other burner, all hell broke loose. The smell of burnt hair was overwhelming as I flew through it. What it demonstrates, is that under the right conditions the unexpected can be quite disastrous.

There is a fine line between unintended and unexpected consequences. Congress is full of unintended events. Unexpected events are a surprise to everyone. Fortify your nest egg with a little physical Platinum, Gold and Silver.

Guess they think that it is "we" who are the idiots.....
Old
  (#54)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

Guess they think that it is "we" who are the idiots..... - 02-15-2014, 08:11 AM

White House Science Assistant, John Holdren.

"Weather practically everywhere is being caused by climate change"

Old
  (#55)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

02-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
White House Science Assistant, John Holdren.

"Weather practically everywhere is being caused by climate change"

Hey, don't you know it is guys like John Holdren who guys like LWW say are assigned the duty to save us from our evil selves?

Have faith, brother.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#56)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

02-15-2014, 09:49 AM

To bring home the point of this thread in a humorous manner...

Quote:
A Drug Enforcement Administration officer stops at a ranch in Texas. He tells the rancher, “I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.”

The rancher says, pointing, “OK, but don’t go in that field over there.”

The officer explodes: “Mister, do you see this badge? I have the authority of the federal government with me. This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish — on anybody’s land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear?”

The rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life, chased by the rancher’s big Santa Gertrudis bull.

With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he’ll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs: “Your badge! Show him your badge!”

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#57)
backplaying
AzB Silver Member
backplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond repute

02-15-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
To bring home the point of this thread in a humorous manner...

Jeff Livingston
Now that was funny. I needed a good laugh.

Eliminate American exceptualism - yep, real good idea...
Old
  (#58)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

Angry Eliminate American exceptualism - yep, real good idea... - 02-16-2014, 09:01 AM

No more valedictorians in Broward?
February 11, 2014|By Karen Yi, Sun Sentinel

Like chalkboards, woodshop and home ec classes, another school staple may be on its way out.

The Broward School Board may eliminate a long-established graduation practice — awarding the top two students the titles of valedictorian and salutatorian. Instead, the top 15 percent of students would be honored as either cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude, distinctions typically awarded at colleges.

The reason: it would curb the nasty competition that often brews among students — and parents — in high-performing schools and better reflect what colleges are actually looking for, said Marie DeSanctis, the district's executive director of instruction.

DeSanctis said that when she was principal at Fort Lauderdale High school, for three years in a row either the valedictorian or salutatorian refused to speak at graduation "because they had been so traumatized and bullied by their peers along the way."

"There is so much competitiveness," she said.

Besides, she said, academic rankings now carry less weight as colleges and universities look for "the total package" among applicants, including extracurricular activities and leadership skills.

School Board members on Tuesday spoke in favor of the change, arguing the current system spotlights just two high-performing students.

"We should be doing more for all those top students," said board member Abby Freedman.

But Fort Lauderdale resident Chad DiFalco, 38, said some traditions should be kept.

"Everyone does not deserve a medal. You earn it like I did," he said. "You honor the top two and then you recognize the top 10 percent and that's it. That's how the system was when I was a kid and still should be."

Plantation parent Nadia Hasan Mustafa disagreed, saying students who fall just shy of the top two spots deserve recognition, too.

"The rankings are deceiving because some of your smarter, more well-rounded kids are not in the top two because they don't spend all their waking moments in a classroom," she said.

Her son graduated last year with a 5.48 GPA but was ranked number five in his class.

Miami-Dade dumped the traditional titles in 2005. Palm Beach County schools maintain the titles and have no plans to change. Broward school board members would take a final vote on the issue in July. If it passes, the changes would be implemented next school year.

College officials said stripping away the honorary rankings would have no impact on admissions.

"The term valedictorian and salutatorian has diminished," said Ralph Rogers, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at Nova Southeastern University in Davie. He said colleges want to see how students compare to their peers, not necessarily who has the highest grade-point average.

"It becomes hard to make these kinds of calls," he said, especially when one-thousandth of a point often differentiates those among the top. "Who's to say these are the top two because they scored higher in some class?"

kyi@tribune.com, 954-356-4528 or Twitter @karen_yi

The new "gay" armed forces....
Old
  (#59)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

The new "gay" armed forces.... - 03-05-2014, 10:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eHX3xZGyw

Support your local psychotics....
Old
  (#60)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

Support your local psychotics.... - 03-07-2014, 07:59 AM

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Posted on 6th March 2014 by Punk in Drublic in Economy

Is this the result of the massive security state in which we live? Does no one have the right to privacy? The NSA is tracking you everywhere you go. Satellites and drones circle above, cops download meta data off your phone, cameras at every intersection. Now this.

(CNN) — Massachusetts’ highest court ruled Wednesday that it is not illegal to secretly photograph underneath a person’s clothing — a practice known as “upskirting” — prompting one prosecutor to call for a revision of state law.

The high court ruled that the practice did not violate the law because the women who were photographed while riding Boston public transportation were not nude or partially nude.

“A female passenger on a MBTA trolley who is wearing a skirt, dress, or the like covering these parts of her body is not a person who is ‘partially nude,’ no matter what is or is not underneath the skirt by way of underwear or other clothing,” wrote Justice Margot Botsford of the state Supreme Judicial Court.

CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin said the law has not caught up to technology and called it an assault on a woman’s right to privacy.

“I think the courts got it wrong,” Hostin said. “The spirit of the law makes it clear it is about the person’s privacy.”

The ruling stems from the case against Michael Robertson, 32, who was arrested in 2010 and accused of using his cell phone to take pictures and record video up the skirts and dresses of women on the trolley, according to court documents.

Two separate complaints were filed against Robertson with the transit police. Authorities then staged “a decoy operation” to catch Robertson, who was eventually arrested and charged with two counts of attempting to secretly photograph a person in a state of partial nudity. Police observed him point a cell phone video camera up the dress of a female officer, court documents state.

Wednesday’s ruling reversed a previous decision by a lower court, which had denied a motion by Robertson seeking the dismissal of the case, said a statement from the Suffolk County district attorney’s office.

“In sum, we interpret the phrase, ‘a person who is … partially nude’ in the same way that the defendant does, namely, to mean a person who is partially clothed but who has one or more of the private parts of body exposed in plain view at the time that the putative defendant secretly photographs her,” the high court ruled.

The ruling that state law “does not apply to photographing (or videotaping or electronically surveilling) persons who are fully clothed and, in particular, does not reach the type of upskirting that the defendant is charged with attempting to accomplish on the MBTA.”

Prosecutors had argued that the current statute, which prohibits secretly photographing or videotaping a person who is “nude or partially nude,” includes upskirting, according to documents.

But Robertson’s lawyers argued that the female passenger on the trolley was not “nude or partially nude” and was not in a place where she had a reasonable expectation of privacy, according to court documents.

“Every person, male or female, has a right to privacy beneath his or her own clothing,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley said in a statement Wednesday. “If the statute as written doesn’t protect that privacy, then I’m urging the Legislature to act rapidly and adjust it so it does.”

Robertson’s lawyer, Michelle Menken, did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Robertson faced misdemeanor charges punishable by up to two and half years in prison.

Page 4 of 43 « First 234 5614 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: