Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Are The Citizens Wising Up? New Poll: 55% Say Snowden "Whistleblower" Not "Traitor"
Page 3 of 47 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-17-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the420trooper View Post
If you don't have anything to hide, then you won't mind if we take a look around, will you?

I'm having a hard time summoning any outrage at this Snowden guy. I think transparency in government is a good thing. I need to research more before committing myself to an opinion, though.
So, then you'd be fine with being randomly stopped, search, your car searched, house searched at anytime for no reason other than the government wants too?

You are trying to imply that those against random, unwanted spying have something to hide when the real issue is personal privacy.

What I say is none of the governments business and to imply that I am hiding something shows you care little for the rights of others.

Old
  (#32)
Wileydog
Banned
Wileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
So, then you'd be fine with being randomly stopped, search, your car searched, house searched at anytime for no reason other than the government wants too?

You are trying to imply that those against random, unwanted spying have something to hide when the real issue is personal privacy.

What I say is none of the governments business and to imply that I am hiding something shows you care little for the rights of others.
Nothing is random about what they are doing. The whole idea of gainig the data is to pinpoint possible national security threats. That way, your searches won't be so random. Chances are, if the analyses of those numbers leads the "gubmit" to your house, you deserve it.

Old
  (#33)
the420trooper
Free T-Rex
the420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post

The biggest problem with online communication is that tone and inflection are lost, and sarcasm is really difficult to convey, even with :rolleyes : emoticons.

I'll take full responsibility for not making my point more clear.

The line that you replied to was the standard line that every cop who ever searched someone's car used to justify the search. I was applying that to Beav and Wileydog's exchange, using the stereotypical cop line to illustrate what was seemingly Wileydog's entire point.

Gotta be honest, I'm starting to wonder about that guy.

"In pool, it's always your fault when you lose, and that's hard to deal with." -Corey Deuel

Old
  (#34)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2013, 01:31 PM

By the way, for those who are in the "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" camp, know that the expression was coined by some government PR hack to make anyone objecting to giving up of their rights to privacy and unlawful search and seizure look suspect. In other words to silence the "patriots" defending their, and your, rights.

If you really don't mind being spied on 24 hours a day, go and volunteer to have the tracking and mind-reading chip implanted in your brain also.

J

Old
  (#35)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
The biggest problem with online communication is that tone and inflection are lost, and sarcasm is really difficult to convey, even with :rolleyes : emoticons.

The line that you replied to was the standard line that every cop who ever searched someone's car used to justify the search. I was applying that to Beav and Wileydog's exchange, using the stereotypical cop line to illustrate what was seemingly Wileydog's entire point.

I knew that.

J

Old
  (#36)
Wileydog
Banned
Wileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond reputeWileydog has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:

I got your sarcasm. I figured he meant to direct it to me.

Old
  (#37)
beav99_4life
BPT Champion
beav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1600

07-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileydog View Post
If you want total privacy, you can alway buy a cabin in the woods and never be afraid again.
Already done

Steven or "Beav"
Playing Cue: Richard Harris "Bluegrass" SP
Favorite Game: 9 Ball Banks

"As for your job being less important, you put together furniture and I video tape pool matches. None of us are curing cancer. Get over yourself." JCIN to Glenn

"You just made yourself at home like I was a cocktail waitress with a kilo of memories" Cleary

Old
  (#38)
Wileydog
Banned

07-17-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
By the way, for those who are in the "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" camp, know that the expression was coined by some government PR hack to make anyone objecting to giving up of their rights to privacy and unlawful search and seizure look suspect. In other words to silence the "patriots" defending their, and your, rights.

If you really don't mind being spied on 24 hours a day, go and volunteer to have the tracking and mind-reading chip implanted in your brain also.

J
Let me try to help you with this. Keeping your phone numbers is not spying on you. There isn't some guy at a computer staring at your phone number all day. It's going in a database. It's not nearly as detailed as what your phone company has. Your number will only come to play if it is linked to possible activity(terrorism) directed towards the US.

Old
  (#39)
Wileydog
Banned

07-17-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beav99_4life View Post
Already done
Good to hear. Be safe.

Old
  (#40)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

07-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Let me try to help you with this. Keeping your phone numbers is not spying on you. There isn't some guy at a computer staring at your phone number all day. It's going in a database. It's not nearly as detailed as what your phone company has. Your number will only come to play if it is linked to possible activity(terrorism) directed towards the US.
I appreciate the help, but I already know, it's called unauthorized spying upon innocent American citizens and it's a direct violation of our constitutional liberties.

Oh, and by the way, they are capturing more than just our phone numbers, a lot more.

J

Old
  (#41)
Wileydog
Banned

07-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the help, but I already know, it's called unauthorized spying upon innocent American citizens and it's a direct violation of our constitutional liberties.

Oh, and by the way, they are capturing more than just our phone numbers, a lot more.

J
Really? What data?

Old
  (#42)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

07-17-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Really? What data?
Seriously, what difference does the type and amount of data retrieved from unconstitutional spying on U.S. citizens make to you? You haven't a problem with the act of illegal domestic spying in general, so specifics aren't going to make a difference to you.

It is literally impossible to have a meaningful discussion on this topic with someone who apparently either doesn't understand, respect, or even acknowledge, or worse, is willing to relinquish, both the basic rights and liberties granted to all U.S. citizens by our constitution and it's Bill Of Rights, or the limitations and restrictions placed upon the federal government in that same instrument.

J

Old
  (#43)
Wileydog
Banned

07-18-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Seriously, what difference does the type and amount of data retrieved from unconstitutional spying on U.S. citizens make to you? You haven't a problem with the act of illegal domestic spying in general, so specifics aren't going to make a difference to you.

It is literally impossible to have a meaningful discussion on this topic with someone who apparently either doesn't understand, respect, or even acknowledge, or worse, is willing to relinquish, both the basic rights and liberties granted to all U.S. citizens by our constitution and it's Bill Of Rights, or the limitations and restrictions placed upon the federal government in that same instrument.

J
If its illegal, Congress will be right on it. Unless, of course they were aware of it.

Old
  (#44)
beav99_4life
BPT Champion
beav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond reputebeav99_4life has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1600

07-18-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
If its illegal, Congress will be right on it.
Now that's funny, Thanks, great laugh to start my morning.

Steven or "Beav"
Playing Cue: Richard Harris "Bluegrass" SP
Favorite Game: 9 Ball Banks

"As for your job being less important, you put together furniture and I video tape pool matches. None of us are curing cancer. Get over yourself." JCIN to Glenn

"You just made yourself at home like I was a cocktail waitress with a kilo of memories" Cleary

Old
  (#45)
Wileydog
Banned

07-18-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beav99_4life View Post
Now that's funny, Thanks, great laugh to start my morning.
No problem. Good morning.

Page 3 of 47 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: