Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page What is the correct way to shoot this????
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What is the correct way to shoot this????
Old
  (#1)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

What is the correct way to shoot this???? - 09-27-2014, 04:33 PM

i have to go straight down the table (2 different cue ball positions)
Name:  downtheline.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  96.1 KB
would you master where on the vertical axis to hit this to acheive the resulr???
or
would you use
corrected to say ...a touch of RIGHT HAND english to be clear
or
is there another/better way???
your replies are appreciated

Last edited by bbb; 09-28-2014 at 08:20 AM. Reason: correct the wording for the english (spin) i meant

Old
  (#2)
Mikjary
Just chillin'
Mikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

09-27-2014, 06:31 PM

Hit them with middle cue ball. Speed control is the key. Too much and you get some draw, too soft and the cue ball follows forward to the long rail.

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2014, 09:44 AM

Usually center ball or close to it would work for this shot. You will pick up a little outside from the ball which counteracts the follow you get from the cloth.

If it's a fast, sticky table it's hard to get the cue ball to the one ball with stun and keep the speed down low enough, especially for the thinner cut. In that case you can let the cue ball roll and use a little outside to correct the angle.

Try both on your table and see which is more consistent.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2014, 12:03 PM

thanks for the advice..

Old
  (#5)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-16-2015, 10:10 AM

Why do you have to go downtable on this layout? Or do you just want to?

From the CB position with the red dot I hit it with a little low right. The other CB just center ball should get the job done.

DCP

Old
  (#6)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Larry,

What shot would you want to shoot next?

Old
  (#7)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
Why do you have to go downtable on this layout? Or do you just want to?

From the CB position with the red dot I hit it with a little low right. The other CB just center ball should get the job done.

DCP
i was curious how many people used the vertical axis only for control
and how many would use a touch of right hand english
or a combination

Old
  (#8)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Larry,

What shot would you want to shoot next?
the 9 ball.....

Old
  (#9)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
the 9 ball.....
I don't know why, but I assumed the game was 1 pocket.

So...what game is it & what would be the shot after the 9?

Old
  (#10)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
i was curious how many people used the vertical axis only for control
and how many would use a touch of right hand english
or a combination
Quote:
I don't know why, but I assumed the game was 1 pocket.

So...what game is it & what would be the shot after the 9?
rick see my post above
this was not a sequence of shots
i know i left other balls on the table
sorry for any confusion...

Old
  (#11)
ENGLISH!
Banned

01-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
rick see my post above
this was not a sequence of shots
i know i left other balls on the table
sorry for any confusion...
Oh, Okay.

If those other balls are not there then I am definitely hitting it with a bit of left to make sure I do not 'double cross' myself with an inadvertent bit of right

There are many ways, it just depends on personal preference.

Play around with it & find the way YOU like best.

As to the point of your question, I hardly ever try to hit just the center line unless I have to do so. I don't like walking a tightrope even if it's a wide one.

Old
  (#12)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I hardly ever try to hit just the center line unless I have to do so. I don't like walking a tightrope even if it's a wide one.
There's no "tightrope" related to hitting center ball, any more than hitting anyplace else on the CB. If you try to hit left or right of center, missing that spot will make you miss the shot/shape the same way as trying to hit center ball and missing the spot.

You're propagating a marketing myth.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#13)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
There's no "tightrope" related to hitting center ball, any more than hitting anyplace else on the CB. If you try to hit left or right of center, missing that spot will make you miss the shot/shape the same way as trying to hit center ball and missing the spot.

You're propagating a marketing myth.

pj
chgo
Welcome back PJ.

Old
  (#14)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
would you master where on the vertical axis to hit this to acheive the resulr???
As Bob says, it depends on table conditions and how far you want the CB to go. I think you should prefer vertical axis, but you'll need sidespin sometimes too, so try to master both.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#15)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

01-20-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Welcome back PJ.
Thanks, Biebs. Have to wait and see how good it is to be here...

pj
chgo

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: