Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Baron and the Kid, the first five minutes.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The Baron and the Kid, the first five minutes.
Old
  (#1)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

The Baron and the Kid, the first five minutes. - 11-16-2018, 09:04 AM

I enjoyed the opening and thought I would post a link here for entire movie on YouTube.

A simple question on the Anniversary tables in the opening, are the rails Rosewood? They sure look like it.

I am not sure if the movie is worth watching but you can see Claude Aiken do the worst rack you will ever see.

Johnny Cash played pool? Ride on.

https://youtu.be/9-RygXpr2kw

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#2)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

11-16-2018, 12:44 PM

Never seen it... thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesDirectly View Post

Sure didn't look like it

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#3)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2018, 08:28 PM

More thanks for the link...it was fun. Johnny & June Carter Cash...

Old
  (#4)
Cuebuddy
Vege-table
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-16-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesDirectly View Post
I enjoyed the opening and thought I would post a link here for entire movie on YouTube.

A simple question on the Anniversary tables in the opening, are the rails Rosewood? They sure look like it.

I am not sure if the movie is worth watching but you can see Claude Aiken do the worst rack you will ever see.

I have watched it before but its been awhile.....thanks for the link "you old pocket splitter".

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#5)
markjames
AzB Silver Member
markjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 12:09 AM

I like this film, it’s really pretty good. Call it a predictable feel good movie if you like.
The thing i like, the subject matter from beginning to end, opening frame to ending frame, is pool.

Old
  (#6)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-17-2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames View Post
I like this film, itís really pretty good. Call it a predictable feel good movie if you like.
The thing i like, the subject matter from beginning to end, opening frame to ending frame, is pool.
+1

Pretty good movie for sure

Old
  (#7)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 03:00 AM

Pretty sure Mike Massey is in this movie.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#8)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-17-2018, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Yes sir!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086937...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Old
  (#9)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thumbs up 11-17-2018, 08:18 PM

That was a pretty good movie as far as pool movies go. I have not seen it but it has very good representation of games actually being played with proper skill and playing position instead of just shooting banks and jumps.

Thanks for the link.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#10)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-16-2019, 01:24 PM

I just watched this again. Its free on Amazon Prime. Man, I liked it! I think it was better than The Color of Money.

Old
  (#11)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-16-2019, 08:03 PM

It is one of my favorite pool movies. It holds a special place in my memory because it was shot mostly in my home town and the movie makers came to our outreach center to see if they could shoot a pool scene in it. Our building was several feet too short for them to get the shots they wanted. I tried to buy the Baron cue he used in the movie but I got way out bid. They estimated the cue would bring several hundred on the estate auction listing and it brought several thousand dollars.

Last edited by cueman; 11-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Old
  (#12)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2019, 10:13 PM

I actually enjoyed the movie. He kept Talking about his fancy pool stick. Come to find out at the end of the movie it was a McDermott. Haven’t seen a Murray table and at least 20 years. Pretty good movie though thanks for the link.

hmmmm
Old
  (#13)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

hmmmm - 11-17-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I wonder if he still has the same wife?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: