Glue lines??

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes, you just have to see if what your doing comes close to what you think you know. Sometimes it does. Always a question, always a riddle.

IMG_20181112_232722.jpg
IMG_20181112_232704.jpg
IMG_20181112_232731.jpg

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I see cement lines under the cue with no glue lines.
You got lucky again!
Damn!
I'm flying over to see the setup.
I'll bring cheesecake .

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see cement lines under the cue with no glue lines.
You got lucky again!
Damn!
I'm flying over to see the setup.
I'll bring cheesecake .

Thank you.
You'd get a laugh. It's not always the machine but the one standing in front of it. I'm probably nuts. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_182719.jpg
    IMG_20181116_182719.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_20181116_182705.jpg
    IMG_20181116_182705.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else have a sudden craving for a candy cane now....Thanks Mike.....really though, beautiful work bud!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Gentlemen. I try to go forward everyday. The white is Elforyn. It has grain and what I prefer on my white joints and butt caps. It's even great for inlays. Glues well does not retain dust and holds finish well. I Always wondered if I could do a cored forearm with it and with the customers approval to do something different as a test for the material and myself. I came up with this. As in all of my new cues, it has a 3/4 Maple core. My core tolerance is .003 and it's epoxied not gorilla glued. The weight of it cored is simular to Ebony. I cut my points old school on a lathe. I use two different ratios for my six point cues to get the full look I want without the high overlapping of the two. I like them to meet near the rings above the wrap. I posted this because I was asked to. When you try to help in the Cue maker section as I try to. Sometimes it helps with a visual versus just words.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rest of it. The handle is maple dyed black. Pink ivory ring with a touch from Mr. Spains book. Thank you Mr. Spain.

IMG_20181112_232744.jpg
IMG_20181112_232753.jpg
IMG_20181112_232809.jpg

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sharpie. Ouch!

Mike,
You are amazing. I look forward to reading your posts,comments and seeing what you've been up to lately. I truly thank you for taking time to share a million or so bits of wisdom and information with us as do many others I'm sure.....And for having a good sense of humor.
Jay

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,
You are amazing. I look forward to reading your posts,comments and seeing what you've been up to lately. I truly thank you for taking time to share a million or so bits of wisdom and information with us as do many others I'm sure.....And for having a good sense of humor.
Jay

Ditto! always look forward to reading stories or viewing pics Mike shares.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,
Jay

Thank you Jay. At best, I guess at wood puzzles just like everyone else does. Having theories of what you hope they could be is a real riddle. There was a time when I thought I hated what I do. It cost me a few years. The truth was, I never hated Cue repairing or Cue construction, I was just disgusted with myself. Your comment did make me laugh. I need more of that.
Thank you

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome builds Mike. I've had a few requests for cues with white handle and I've been a bit hestitant to core big pieces of Juma, but it looks like it works just fine.
I got a shipment from Elforyn today, got a sample piece of their new Elforyn Tusk, that might be perfect for that ivory look :)