Reload this Page Jason Shaw, classless?
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Jason Shaw, classless?
Old
  (#1)
Sedog
AzB Silver Member
Sedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond reputeSedog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Jason Shaw, classless? - 12-09-2018, 07:12 AM

Watched the day two match last nite between SBV and Shaw. I realize there is a little history between them but, celebrating during the match, and.even before completing a game seems to me to be classless. Then after the match celebrating as if Europe won the cup. Classless! What are your opinions.

Player, BD cue, Brazilian Kingwood
Tip, Ultra Skin Med.
Jump/breaker, J&J
Case, Sterling
Table, Brunswick Gold Crown 3

Old
  (#2)
Cuebuddy
Vege-table
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-09-2018, 07:19 AM

Shaw is a very emotional player, he is also very talented at the game. In many ways he can evoke fear from his opponents and their fans with his ability to make the game look so easy and then he has a way of rubbing it in.

Jason can do or be anything he wants but classless or not he is a part of the game and he makes this sport interesting and better.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#3)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedog View Post
Watched the day two match last nite between SBV and Shaw. I realize there is a little history between them but, celebrating during the match, and.even before completing a game seems to me to be classless. Then after the match celebrating as if Europe won the cup. Classless! What are your opinions.
I think he's a colossal a^*wipe myself. Great player that seems to go to great lengths to come-off as a douchebag. Just sayin.

Old
  (#4)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
Shaw is a very emotional player, he is also very talented at the game. In many ways he can evoke fear from his opponents and their fans with his ability to make the game look so easy and then he has a way of rubbing it in.
Jason can do or be anything he wants but classless or not he is a part of the game and he makes this sport interesting and better.
The ubiquitous "they" said the same stuff about Earl Strickland.
Grady Matthews, in his book, said Mosconi was classless in competition and would spit, curse, and throw chalk.
And now "they" say Shaw is classless too.
I would like to have seen some of those "they" people get up there with their own money and played against Shaw, Strickland, or Mosconi. Ha! Those three guys would go through the ubiquitous "they" like Sherman through Georgia
Life in a poolroom...it never changes.

Old
  (#5)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:27 AM

He remind me of a kid i knew when i was young ..always picking his nose and ass and still does...if he is the future of pool its doomed..

Old
  (#6)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:36 AM

He's sticking to the script.

If you watch closely, he's actually a pretty good sport.

Old
  (#7)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:46 AM

Mosconi Cup encourages that type of goofy behavior.
I thought Dennis Hatch went a little overboard last year but it’s just part of the show.
I ignored Shaw when he was winning and enjoyed his sour look when he was loosing

Old
  (#8)
DallasHopps
AzB Silver Member
DallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond reputeDallasHopps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-09-2018, 07:57 AM

Count the number of Facebook posts and forum posts discussing the gracious handshake between Kaci and Thorpe. There’s your answer.
Rivalries generate interest, and it’s easier to create a reverse fan base (I’ll cheer for anyone who’s playing THAT GUY!) than to get people genuinely interested in individual players.
The Earl comparison doesn’t fly for me because Earl never turned it off. When it was time to congratulate the US team, Shaw did so instead of complaining about the table, side pockets, cloth speed, fan noise, referee bias, lucky rolls, his cue sponsor, etc.

Old
  (#9)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

12-09-2018, 08:15 AM

The way the players celebrate creates the energy that then feeds the live audience which then feeds the TV/Internet audience. If you want boring pool, watch the WPA world championship in Qatar. If you want exciting pool, watch the Mosconi Cup.

Old
  (#10)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosopherKing View Post
He's sticking to the script.

If you watch closely, he's actually a pretty good sport.
Yup. Watch the handshake between him and Sky after Sky beats him. Shaw was playing the part.

Jason Shaw, classless?
Old
  (#11)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Shaw, classless? - 12-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolhall60561 View Post
Mosconi Cup encourages that type of goofy behavior.
I thought Dennis Hatch went a little overboard last year but it’s just part of the show.
I ignored Shaw when he was winning and enjoyed his sour look when he was loosing

Exactly. It’s all part of “the show”. Afterwards these guys all respect each other. And when they don’t, it’s not because of MC antics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#12)
JAM
USA, ALL THE WAY!
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

12-09-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post

Tap, tap, tap. I agree!

Earl said it first...
Old
  (#13)
poolhallbanger
AzB Silver Member
poolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond reputepoolhallbanger has a reputation beyond repute

Earl said it first... - 12-09-2018, 08:29 AM

When he said pool is a beautiful game played by ugly people

Old
  (#14)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Wasn’t it Shaw that unscrewed for some petty BS at the DCC when he was playing SVB. He may be a great player but what TF does that even matter, if you’re a douche canoe in life it takes away from everything else. Where are the thugs these days, the guy who uncork on someone when they get out of line. It’s the same as all the folks constantly stiffing someone or pulling some shady moves. Time and time again you see the same ol clowns pulling the same ol stunts. I guess the days of someone getting pancaked on the spot are over, because the “pool player code” allows the derelicts to run amock with no consiquences.

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#15)
mvp
AzB Silver Member
mvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Remember when Earl went??? It’s all good!

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: