I got the call! Southwest Cues!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After placing my name on the list in 2005, I finally got the call from Laurie to begin designing my cues! I’m over the moon excited. Now I have to figure out what I want. Any suggestions?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
After placing my name on the list in 2005, I finally got the call from Laurie to begin designing my cues! I’m over the moon excited. Now I have to figure out what I want. Any suggestions?

Ask them to put a Revo on it....

Lol really though no suggestions from me just happy for you after such a long wait, that’s incredible! Hope to see pictures in the future.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My suggestion:
Spiraling up the butt of the cue you have the Southwest Cues version of the Bayeux Tapestry

Here’s a description from Wikipedia:
“The Bayeux Tapestry is an embroidered cloth nearly 70 metres long and 50 centimetres tall, which depicts the events leading up to the Norman conquest of England by concerning William, Duke of Normandy, culminating in the Battle of Hastings in 1066”

The real tapestry shows the Duke building an army in France, feeding it for months while waiting for the weather to change, almost getting lost while sailing across the English Channel, defeating Harold in battle, and being crowed King.

Your “Southwest Cues version” will show a young you putting your name on a list, finishing school, getting a job, getting married and having kids, quitting and restarting playing pool several times, qualifying for league Nationals, being knocked out of Nationals by a crazy scratch on fast cloth,...and then... receiving a phone call from Southwest Cues!

Attachments

• landbayeux.jpg
    landbayeux.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,135
Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Completion date ?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
as ornate and unusual as they will make it for as much as you can afford to put away for a time. mark my words. remember them 20 years from now.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol what a joke.. and you make fun of us for buying a revo lol that wait is just silly.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol what a joke.. and you make fun of us for buying a revo lol that wait is just silly.

Why? I'm sure he had another cue to shoot with and with no deposit what's the issue?

Matt, pretty exciting news, enjoy the process and be sure to show it off in the gallery when you get it!

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Congrats. Everyone is different. That said, I would say make it smooth, sleek and simple.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

You waited 14 years to get the call from Southwest and the first thing you do is ask us for our suggestions.

If I were you, I wouldn't look at this thread anymore and make this all your own.

Congrats on the cue.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've never made fun of anyone for buying a REVO. In fact I said, if buying "x" equipment makes pool more fun for anyone than go for it. I'm all for it.

Why are you so mad, Trob?

The first pool mentor I had was a great player in the early 90s and he had a Southwest Cue (a Jerry Franklin). I just thought it was kind of monumental to make it through the long wait list. And I wanted to share and see if anyone had any wood combinations they suggested.

Peace!

"In this life, I choose fun" - Jerry Garcia

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You waited 14 years to get the call from Southwest and the first thing you do is ask us for our suggestions.

If I were you, I wouldn't look at this thread anymore and make this all your own.

Congrats on the cue.

It's not that serious. Just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions. I regret starting this thread.