Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page Shaft that wobbles on lathe when set up for cleaning

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Shaft that wobbles on lathe when set up for cleaning
Old
  (#1)
Tom1234
AzB Silver Member
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Shaft that wobbles on lathe when set up for cleaning - 08-29-2019, 01:39 PM

Thanks to any or all who may have an answer for me. I recently bought a Cynergy shaft (3/8x14 pin) and used a new driver pin on my lathe for set up and cleaning. I know, many of you are saying why bother to put this shaft on a lathe, but Iíve done that for years with all my cues. However, the shaft wobbles like crazy! All my other driver pins work fine. Could it be the drilling and tapping of the joint was slightly off. As a woodworker I know that holes drilled off center will cause something to wobble. If this is the case, is there an easy and inexpensive solution, or will it require sending the shaft back to the manufacturer? Thanks again.
P.S. The shaft and butt line up nicely, so that doesnít cause a problem. This is just an issue when cleaning. However, it does make me wonder about overall construction quality.

Old
  (#2)
Tom1234
AzB Silver Member
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute

08-30-2019, 06:47 AM

Looks like the problem was with drilling and tapping of the joint. Hope to get this resolved quickly. Thanks.

Old
  (#3)
Ty Arnold
AzB Silver Member
Ty Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 10:40 PM

Did they fix your problem?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: