No Deflection

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to wake the dead horse.

I believe I have the answer to the mystery of deflection.
I was advised to come here for further investigation.

Some details:

• No deflection with a standard maple shaft regardless of speed or distance off of center contact.
  • Speed control for the cueball and the object ball.
  • Throwing the object ball as little or as much as desired.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if you could make a shaft out of pure <single crystal> diamond it would still deflect.
Thus, you can't eliminate deflection, all you can do is get used to a certain amount of
deflection and take this into account as you stroke the CB.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if you could make a shaft out of pure <single crystal> diamond it would still deflect.
Thus, you can't eliminate deflection, all you can do is get used to a certain amount of
deflection and take this into account as you stroke the CB.

I see your view. I wasn't saying the shaft doesn't bend. I am saying that the cueball will take off in a straight line with parallel English. I haven't tested a LD shaft but I imagine it will function the same.

In my view I think the cueball deflects because the cueball leaves the tip while the shaft is bent. My Idea allows the shaft to bend pack at the proper time to send the CB on the shot line.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Does it make a difference that my Fargo is over 700?
Well why didn't you say so, that's any entirely different thing.

Seriously, your a Fargo 700 and I've seen the movie Fargo 6 times...neither exempts us from the laws of physics.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some details:

• No deflection with a standard maple shaft regardless of speed or distance off of center contact.

I feel like all you did was name a topic. I don’t see any particular question to be answered or claim to be examined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aluminum shaft ?

Time to grab one of those Mosconi aluminum cues off of
the 'bay.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.
The cue ball has a memory?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

Some details:

hit me with your best shot

200 words max

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

You're roughly 25 years late to this conversation. Start here:

Dr. Dave's "resource page" on Squirt (Cue Ball Deflection) in Pool and Billiards

AzB search engine results for "squirt deflection"

pj
chgo

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited: