AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  
Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Diamond professional table
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Diamond professional table
Old
  (#1)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
Diamond professional table - 10-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Iím considering selling my gold crown and purchasing a new diamond professional. Will any of you guys recommend who to contact about getting a quote on the table, shipping and installation? I contacted diamond and they gave me the number to the nearest dealer but I canít get a hold of them. I live just outside Beaumont, Texas. Charles
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
10-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Call me I can help you right now.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
10-04-2019, 08:26 AM

p.s. I have a quote on shipping already. Would need to know if there are stairs involved, that will determine whether you get a 3 piece slate or 1 piece. Thanks
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
10-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
p.s. I have a quote on shipping already. Would need to know if there are stairs involved, that will determine whether you get a 3 piece slate or 1 piece. Thanks
These are the factory direct prices:

Oak Diamond Professional $6000 add $400 for PRC composite finish
(Dymalux not available)
Delivery $1100.00
Install for one piece: $200
Install for 3 piece: $500

I can put an order in for you TODAY.

Trent from Toledo
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
10-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
These are the factory direct prices:

Oak Diamond Professional $6000 add $400 for PRC composite finish
(Dymalux not available)
Delivery $1100.00
Install for one piece: $200
Install for 3 piece: $500

I can put an order in for you TODAY.

Trent from Toledo
These are the specs and accessories I would want.


Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Simonis 760 tournament blue
Bridge rack on both sides
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. Iím not sure if I want one or three piece slate. The attached picture is what Iím looking at.
Attached Images
 
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute
 
mchnhed's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Hollywood
   
10-04-2019, 04:10 PM

That’s one of the nicer looking Diamond Tables I have seen.


Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 10-04-2019 at 04:20 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute
 
GoldCrown's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,516
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: May 2011
   
10-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chart22 View Post
These are the specs and accessories I would want.

9’
Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Simonis 760 tournament blue
Bridge rack on both sides
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. I’m not sure if I want one or three piece slate. The attached picture is what I’m looking at.
Beautiful choice. I have my eyes on the same table....just giving it thought for now. Would get the B package. Just curious...why would you get 3 piece slate?





Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
10-04-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Thatís one of the nicer looking Diamond Tables I have seen.
I think so too. It looks like a mix of a diamond and a gold crown to me.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
10-04-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Beautiful choice. I have my eyes on the same table....just giving it thought for now. Would get the B package. Just curious...why would you get 3 piece slate?
Iím only giving it a thought too right now. I want to know what kind of money I would be giving up. Iím either going to do a grand restoration on my gc or get any new diamond. As far as the slate, I donít have the knowledge in the difference. Would a one piece be hard to sell if something ever happens and I have to sell? Does a one piece play better?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Call_me_Tom
AzB Silver Member
Call_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Silicon Valley
   
10-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chart22 View Post
Iím only giving it a thought too right now. I want to know what kind of money I would be giving up. Iím either going to do a grand restoration on my gc or get any new diamond. As far as the slate, I donít have the knowledge in the difference. Would a one piece be hard to sell if something ever happens and I have to sell? Does a one piece play better?

From a ROI perspective Iíd look for a quote to have your GC updated.

Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. Itís not like leafs of a dinning room table.


Cues: Katana KAT09 ē McDermott GS02C2 & Custom Clover ē 1811
Shafts: Katana KATXS1 ē McDermott Traditional & G-Core ē OB Plus Pro ē Jacoby Black ē Pechauer Black Ice
Cases: Katana 1/1 ē McDermott 1/1 ē JB Cases 4/8
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute
 
GoldCrown's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,516
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: May 2011
   
10-04-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chart22 View Post
I’m only giving it a thought too right now. I want to know what kind of money I would be giving up. I’m either going to do a grand restoration on my gc or get any new diamond. As far as the slate, I don’t have the knowledge in the difference. Would a one piece be hard to sell if something ever happens and I have to sell? Does a one piece play better?
I have a GC4 and love the crap out of it. I play on Diamond ProAm's in my clubhouse. Great durable tables. The GC is modern art aside from being a classic table. Good point on your end about 1 piece vs 3 pice but I'm sure the right buyer comes along. Nobody can tell you what to do,own,buy. If you can restore the GC by a recommended mechanic that would be a real nice table to play on and simply look at. As for buying a new Diamond.... they seem to be the perfect table. Perfect as for design, durability, play wise, and delivery. But nothing beats the look of a nice GC. Flip a coin. You win either way.





Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toledo, Ohio
   
10-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chart22 View Post
These are the specs and accessories I would want.


Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Simonis 760 tournament blue
Bridge rack on both sides
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. Iím
not sure if I want one or three piece slate.
The attached picture is what Iím looking at.
The only things that will cost more
than I quoted would be $50 for the
bridge holders on both sides and the
760 is only a hair more expensive.

The Professional comes standard
3 piece slate as it has since they
started making their tables. Well,
besides they do not have slate
backers on them anymore. It would
cost a bunch more for a 1 piece option
and I am not even sure Diamond will deliver it that way.

The 3 piece will play exactly like any
one piece will, with a Diamond installer of course.

The only reason Diamond uses the one
piece slate on the Pro Am's is because
they can flip the tables in and out of the
carts to save set up time. I have never
seen a Professional one piece slate.
Not sayin it does not exist, if there are
stairs involved(no more than 3 up or down)
I am supposed to ask Diamond for permission...

People do not seem to understand that
NO SMART BUSINESSMAN wants to move
their one piece slate table down a flight of
stairs... I wont for $1000.00, my business
insurance is far to valuable to me(never had
a claim and hopefully never will) for me to
put that in danger doing something so risky.
Someone could get hurt and it is simply stupid.
Any trained mechanic or installer should be
able to make a 3 piece slate play like it is a one piece.

Trent from Toledo
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute
 
GoldCrown's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,516
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: May 2011
   
10-04-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post


The 3 piece will play exactly like any
one piece will, with a Diamond installer of course.
Trent from Toledo
To answer the OP's question... If the 3 piece slate table gets sold someday the sale is not limited to a ground level buyer.





Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 10-04-2019 at 06:14 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
10-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I have a GC4 and love the crap out of it. I play on Diamond ProAm's in my clubhouse. Great durable tables. The GC is modern art aside from being a classic table. Good point on your end about 1 piece vs 3 pice but I'm sure the right buyer comes along. Nobody can tell you what to do,own,buy. If you can restore the GC by a recommended mechanic that would be a real nice table to play on and simply look at. As for buying a new Diamond.... they seem to be the perfect table. Perfect as for design, durability, play wise, and delivery. But nothing beats the look of a nice GC. Flip a coin. You win either way.
Deep down I would like to have my gc restored. I would think it would be a whole lot cheaper but a pain. I donít know of any top mechanics that live near me or would take on the job. Also, from what I have learned, the parts are not easy to find. Getting a diamond would be expensive but easy. All the parts original and brand new.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute
 
Charles Hartfield's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vidor, Texas
   
10-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
The only things that will cost more
than I quoted would be $50 for the
bridge holders on both sides and the
760 is only a hair more expensive.

The Professional comes standard
3 piece slate as it has since they
started making their tables. Well,
besides they do not have slate
backers on them anymore. It would
cost a bunch more for a 1 piece option
and I am not even sure Diamond will deliver it that way.

The 3 piece will play exactly like any
one piece will, with a Diamond installer of course.

The only reason Diamond uses the one
piece slate on the Pro Am's is because
they can flip the tables in and out of the
carts to save set up time. I have never
seen a Professional one piece slate.
Not sayin it does not exist, if there are
stairs involved(no more than 3 up or down)
I am supposed to ask Diamond for permission...

People do not seem to understand that
NO SMART BUSINESSMAN wants to move
their one piece slate table down a flight of
stairs... I wont for $1000.00, my business
insurance is far to valuable to me(never had
a claim and hopefully never will) for me to
put that in danger doing something so risky.
Someone could get hurt and it is simply stupid.
Any trained mechanic or installer should be
able to make a 3 piece slate play like it is a one piece.

Trent from Toledo
Just curious, how much does the one piece slate weigh? I would imagine it would be tremendously heavy.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.