AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Anniversary Knock Off
Old
  (#1)
JulioRice
AzB Bronze Member
JulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond reputeJulioRice has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Anniversary Knock Off - 10-15-2019, 08:16 PM

Can folks tell me the different variations of Brunswick Anniversary tables? I've got one I'm about to put some work into but some things are standing out as odd.
Oliver L. Briggs & Sons Electric Cushion Fast K-66
One piece side rail, no center pocket casting
2 stretchers between the pedestals
The indention in the corner casting where the pocket fits into and gets bolted is quite small, I would assume it should be the same size as a Gold Crown pocket.

I'm sure someone could have put the K-66 on it sometime in it's life. I was surprised not to find Monarch cushions on it. The nose is sitting quite high at over 1.5 inches. This is a rough number though, I didn't have the rail bolted down when I measured it.
Speaking of bolting down rails, These rails have a threaded disc that is screwed into the rail with 2 wood screws, not the figure 8 style on a Gold Crown I.

My brain is telling me this is not a Brunswick table. I'm still going to put some love into it and make it look and play sharp. Just curious what the aficionados have to say. Thanks for your time, and as always. Take it easy. Julio

Old
  (#2)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioRice View Post
Can folks tell me the different variations of Brunswick Anniversary tables? I've got one I'm about to put some work into but some things are standing out as odd.
Oliver L. Briggs & Sons Electric Cushion Fast K-66
One piece side rail, no center pocket casting
2 stretchers between the pedestals
The indention in the corner casting where the pocket fits into and gets bolted is quite small, I would assume it should be the same size as a Gold Crown pocket.

I'm sure someone could have put the K-66 on it sometime in it's life. I was surprised not to find Monarch cushions on it. The nose is sitting quite high at over 1.5 inches. This is a rough number though, I didn't have the rail bolted down when I measured it.
Speaking of bolting down rails, These rails have a threaded disc that is screwed into the rail with 2 wood screws, not the figure 8 style on a Gold Crown I.

My brain is telling me this is not a Brunswick table. I'm still going to put some love into it and make it look and play sharp. Just curious what the aficionados have to say. Thanks for your time, and as always. Take it easy. Julio

Hey Julio~! Show us some pictures?? AS Schmidt made a table that looks similar called the comet , Saunier wilhem also did and so did Robertsons out of Tampa. Interested to see what you have.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#3)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Hey Julio~! Show us some pictures?? AS Schmidt made a table that looks similar called the comet , Saunier wilhem also did and so did Robertsons out of Tampa. Interested to see what you have.

Trent from Toledo
Kinda weird. Briggs went out of business around 1930-ish iirc. They made some nice stuff but they were long gone by the time Anniv.-style tables were around.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: