Reload this Page blood test results
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
blood test results
Old
  (#1)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

blood test results - 11-17-2019, 06:53 AM

Any experts on this?
What do you think?

Component Your Value Standard Range
Cholesterol, Total 182 mg/dL 100 - 199 mg/dL

Triglycerides Level 175 mg/dL 0 - 149 mg/dL

HDL Cholesterol 41 mg/dL >39 mg/dL

VLDL Cholesterol Cal 35 mg/dL 5 - 40 mg/dL

LDL Cholesterol, Calculated 106 mg/dL 0 - 99 mg/dL

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#2)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-17-2019, 08:07 AM

not an expert, but I am anal (no PJ, no)

are you on any meds? what is your age? any sugar/A1C issues?

those aren't bad numbers, but that HDL could/should be higher... exercise is the best way to move that needle... a 45 min - 1 hour walk daily will improve that number

my triglycerides reacted most when I went low carb, not keto low carb, but lower than before... I don't have diabetes in the family or in my numbers, but the wife had A1C numbers creeping up so I switched to a lower carb diet with her and the drop in my Tri's was significant so I took note

Old
  (#3)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 08:18 AM

That's not too good.

By your triglyceride level I got to ask, do you drink daily?

Cholesterol is out of whack too.

Get some good greens and get out and walk daily.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#4)
JC
Banned
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 08:35 AM

HDL (H for healthy) should be minimum 40% of your LDL (L for lousy) to "cover" it. this is more important than the actual numbers. Yours is close but just shy. Your overall cholesterol seeming a bit high at 180 is due to the triglycerides, 20% of which is added to the sum of the other two to come up with the total number.

All in all it doesn't look all that bad. I have gained 30 lbs over the last 20 years and oddly my cholesterol has remained about the same all along.

Agree that exercise is the only ticket to raise the HDL which is easily obtainable where lowering the bad is much harder without strict dietary changes ie you will be hungry all the time, or statin drugs which are bad juju. So if you want to make the ratio better get off your ass just a little bit more every day.

The reason I have learned about all this is because I had a single blocked artery in my heart @39 years old which was treated with a stent, which plugged up directly resulting in a single bypass. Got my attention . At the time my total cholesterol was 135 and I weighed 205 lbs. at 6 feet tall. Light drinker and never smoked. There was never an explanation other than "risk factors" which is code for we have no idea why your artery plugged up. My grandfather died of a heart attack at 40 years old. My mother had quadruple bypass at 44 and died at 76 of ovarian cancer. None of my siblings have had any issues.

Pro tip for the uninsured: Apply for a half million term life insurance every so often. They will send out a nurse to check your vitals and do a complete lab workup for you at no cost. You will get the results and if they offer to sell you the insurance you're probably good to go for a couple more years. You are not obligated to buy the insurance and I trust these guys more than some doctor in a hurry. They have skin in the game.

Last edited by JC; 11-17-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Old
  (#5)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-17-2019, 08:47 AM

To answer a few questions.
I'm 72 years old
5'9" 175 lbs pretty good
I take CBD oil daily
Eat pot edibles almost every night to help with sleep
I smoke
Very little alcohol
I workout with dumbbells but no cardio
At home I eat mostly a diabetic diet. My wife has type 2 diabetes.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2019, 08:54 AM

ChopDoc would be more helpful with this.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I'm 72 years old
5'9" 175 lbs pretty good
I take CBD oil daily
I smoke
Very little alcohol
Low glycemic diets are the way to go even if you don't have diabetes. Even though you're eating a diabetic diet, doesn't necessarily mean you're eating healthy. I'm guessing you're running a pretty high protein diet by your cholesterol levels.

The edibles are a crutch for sleep. If you slowly taper off of them before bed you'll sleep the same after awhile.

I have no issues with people who want to get high though.

Do you make any of your own edibles?

Again, start a routine of walking. That will help everything.

I've said it before on here but it's been some time. Go to this place..... watershed.net order a 250g bag of chlorella. Start taking it daily. It is important that you start slow with this. It is raw food and a great detoxifyer, it will affect your gut/bowels if you take too much too quickly.

Start with a gram a day, 4 tiny tablets, take 2 tablets before breakfast and the take two before lunch or dinner. Do that for a few days and then increase a little. Up your intake as you see fit and can handle it.

If you spread your intake evenly to 3-4 times a day you will notice you have much more even energy throughout the day.

Chlorella is the most nutrient dense food on the planet. It is thee super food of all super foods. Around 65% protein with a broad amino acid make-up, lots of B vitamins, good source of omega 3. Helps lower bad cholesterol. Look up benefits of phyto-nutrients.

When you take a decent amount, 10 grams or more, which may seem like a lot but it's really not. Small handful 4x a day. You will notice your hunger subside. Even energy throughout the day. All things protein based in the body will ber healthier, skin, hair, nails etc.

It really is a game changer for just about anyone. Buy one bag, gradually raise the intake. 6-8 grams a day is a good amount. You will notice a change.

I have gut issues and at one time I was taking about 18 grams a day. I was also drinking about 1/2 to a gallon of water a day. My body healed so quick. I didn't bruise nearly as easy and if I did it was gone in a third the time. My face cleared up and if I did get a pimple, gone in two days, completely. My head and thinking was much clearer.

I don't make any money off of that website or in any other way from chlorella sales.

That stuff will help with your blood levels and you'll feel better than you have in a long time. Go check it on you tube and at the website I put up.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#8)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Low glycemic diets are the way to go even if you don't have diabetes. Even though you're eating a diabetic diet, doesn't necessarily mean you're eating healthy. I'm guessing you're running a pretty high protein diet by your cholesterol levels.
adjusting cholesterol numbers by diet alone is tough sledding... genetics plays a big part in that number... weight loss and exercise helps, but he is not overweight

Last edited by Smooth; 11-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Old
  (#9)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member

11-17-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I'm 72 years old
5'9" 175 lbs pretty good
I take CBD oil daily
I smoke
Very little alcohol
just add some cardio and you are good to go imo... you don't need to break a sweat and all that, just get the blood pumping hard enough to get that "flushed" feeling to the skin

Old
  (#10)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 10:16 AM

Did you fast prior?

More "experts" are claiming it is no longer required, but it does effect the numbers.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#11)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-17-2019, 10:35 AM

What did your doc say?

Old
  (#12)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-17-2019, 11:46 AM

The problem is you need to have blood tests when you are well etc and yearly to track any trends.
While it all looks on the high side, it may or may not be your normal. Some people do have naturally very high readings, but most don't hence the large range as normal.
Best to see your dr about it, and ask them to compare to historical previous if any results.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#13)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 05:49 PM

Contacted Chopdoc.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#14)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

11-17-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I'm 72 years old
5'9" 175 lbs pretty good
I take CBD oil daily
I smoke
Very little alcohol

I am not a Medical Professional, never played one of TV, or Movie. Assume you had these test order by some medical professional. Ask for their interpretation.

If all else fail ask the local Dr. of Pharmacy aka Pharmasist. Most know more then MD's and OD's about medication, and what is indicated if you need pills.

Old
  (#15)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
What did your doc say?:)
what he said

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: