The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action Update Day 2: Robo vs Pro Poker Player.

We have Robocop Dennis Orcollo up on Channel 1 stream playing Tommy Medina.

Dennis giving up 16/4 spot 1P with 10k in the middle.

Bustamante vs Danny Smith still going with Busty up 7-4 in a race to 10 day 2.

Tony vs Alex day 2, Alex wins day 2 10-4 resumes 4pm Central tomorrow.

Passes still available for action and more at www.PoolActionTV.com

View attachment 505413

Tommy and Robo still Live and grinding it out

Tom won 1st set 5-0 :yikes:

I am really not sure of score of the 2nd set or this might even be 3rd set i lost track lol

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 734

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The shaft looks like it has a dark colored ferrule. What is it?

I just texted the installer.
I think it's the same stuff I got on most of my cues...it's a material that had something to
do with WWII landing craft...the main ingredient is cardboard...but it is water resistant.

It feels like not having a ferrule...my oldest is on my '68 Joss...installed in 1980...
...still tight as the day it was put on.

Some people like a ferrule that is a different color than the cue ball.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I think it's the same stuff I got on most of my cues...it's a material that had something to
do with WWII landing craft...the main ingredient is cardboard...but it is water resistant.

It feels like not having a ferrule...my oldest is on my '68 Joss...installed in 1980...

On one of my two new-ish ( fall of 17 ) Meuccis, I ordered the shaft with a black ferrule ( only one I've ever had ). I don't like it as much as I thought I would but it does have its own charm. I like that it contrasts so sharply with the CB.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is it Micarta?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Alex has two shafts with brown phenolic linen and two of the WWII stuff...
...this seems a little darker on the stream..think it's the linen.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane beats Alex
Jason
Playing One Pocket i would have to say Alex would be huge favorite to beat SVB in any kind long race.But i would love to see it.

SVB lost pretty bad to Tony (two sets) when they played in N Cal at the West Coast swing a while back.

Now look what Alex is doing to Tony.

Alex gave J-Hall 9/8 8/7 in Florida on Justin home table, same table that Justin shot SVB full of holes on.

I don't think anybody will be playing Alex any high stakes even one pocket.

Only player to have a real shot to beat Alex in a big money even one pocket match is Dennis.

Since Dennis and Alex are both playing for the same team of backers at moment i don't see that match happening any time soon :mad:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Playing One Pocket i would have to say Alex would be huge favorite to beat SVB in any kind long race.But i would love to see it.

SVB lost pretty bad to Tony (two sets) when they played in N Cal at the West Coast swing a while back.

Now look what Alex is doing to Tony.

Alex gave J-Hall 9/8 8/7 in Florida on Justin home table, same table that Justin shot SVB full of holes on.

I don't think anybody will be playing Alex any high stakes even one pocket.

Only player to have a real shot to beat Alex in a big money even one pocket match is Dennis.

Since Dennis and Alex are both playing for the same team of backers at moment i don't see that match happening any time soon :mad:

I think Alex has a more difficult time with Shane than Tony, with that said, Tony should have won day 1 and we'd be tied.
Like you, I'd just like to see it. Hopefully Shane will start playing more 1 pckt cause there's big $$$ to be made with the Poker guys. JRB is in big action all the time too in Vegas.
Jason

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Alex has two shafts with brown phenolic linen and two of the WWII stuff...
...this seems a little darker on the stream..think it's the linen.

Linen is much heavier than the paper version.
Paper also machines much better.
Linen wouldn't be considered low deflection material.
You sure it's linen?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think Alex has a more difficult time with Shane than Tony, with that said, Tony should have won day 1 and we'd be tied.
Like you, I'd just like to see it. Hopefully Shane will start playing more 1 pckt cause there's big $$$ to be made with the Poker guys. JRB is in big action all the time too in Vegas.
Jason
SVB is also a rhythm player.
Alex beats him easily imo.
Alex is like Marvin Hagler.
He'll grind you till you drop.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Linen is much heavier than the paper version.
Paper also machines much better.
Linen wouldn't be considered low deflection material.
You sure it's linen?

Yep...straight from the installer.

Dufferin put black or brown linen on a lot of snooker cues back in the day.
I gave away 48 brown linen ferrules in Britain in four trips 'cause they liked the hit on mine.
...they replaced their brass ferrules with them and said they'd never go back.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason
If Shane spent more time playing and practicing one pocket no telling how good he really could be.

Look what all time and practice has done for his rotation games.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe if my memory serves me that SVB and Alex played a long session of One Pocket that went on for several days at Hardtimes Bellflower. This was several years ago. I believe the match was streamed.

It was for real money and SVB had Alex stuck in the beginning and then Alex came back and broke even.