The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Roberts and West Bank John Vs Danny Smith and Jimmy ( Houston )

Scotch doubles one pocket $7000 a game 9am in The Big Easy Buffalo's Billiards style.

All premium members and Tony Alex event passes have access on channel #1

www.PoolActionTV.com

Capture.jpg

ps I think team Danny up 3 games now that's 21k :eek:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all the fans that bought the stream, a good % of the ppv money goes to the pay the players and commentators,online tech support and promotion.

Buffalo added 6k and PoolActionTV added another 6k that's $12,000 added to the pot for the players to split or just add to the wager their choice.

Without you guys support these type of streams would never be possible.

Ray paid good money for JJ and Billy to come to New Orleans and commentate on the match.And they were flat out awesome imo this had to be some of the best expert commentary i have ever heard in a one pocket match.

PoolActionTV is trying provide a professional One Pocket HD show for the fans with professional commentators. Not just a live stream but a real broadcast type of show.

Anybody can point a cheap web cam or phone at a table and stream a match for free.

And that is fine i sweat all the free streams too, and i thank those guys for doing it.

I was really rooting for Tony to win a set or two so we all could sweat a closer match.

But Alex is just to strong, congrats to The Lion we all are lucky as One Pocket fans to see this future hall fame player play.

Stay tuned pool fans, some very exciting announcements about some top matches are in the works and will be released soon.

With you guys support with the 6 month subscriptions passes PoolActionTV will be renting a private room at the Derby City Classic again this year with 9 days of live coverage bringing you all the top action.

There is always lots of top Pros in Action in the Derby Action Room

The 6 month subscription is the way to go guys only 20 bucks a month come and go as you please and you get every single thing PoolActionTV streams all action matches and tournaments.

Action Room Poster smaller.jpg

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Thanks to all the fans that bought the stream, a good % of the ppv money goes to the pay the players and commentators,online tech support and promotion.

Buffalo added 6k and PoolActionTV added another 6k that's $12,000 added to the pot for the players to split or just add to the wager their choice.

Without you guys support these type of streams would never be possible.

Ray paid good money for JJ and Billy to come to New Orleans and commentate on the match.And they were flat out awesome imo this had to be some of the best expert commentary i have ever heard in a one pocket match.

PoolActionTV is trying provide a professional One Pocket HD show for the fans with professional commentators. Not just a live stream but a real broadcast type of show.

Anybody can point a cheap web cam or phone at a table and stream a match for free.

And that is fine i sweat all the free streams too, and i thank those guys for doing it.

I was really rooting for Tony to win a set or two so we all could sweat a closer match.

But Alex is just to strong, congrats to The Lion we all are lucky as One Pocket fans to see this future hall fame player play.

Stay tuned pool fans, some very exciting announcements about some top matches are in the works and will be released soon.

With you guys support with the 6 month subscriptions passes PoolActionTV will be renting a private room at the Derby City Classic again this year with 9 days of live coverage bringing you all the top action.

There is always lots of top Pros in Action in the Derby Action Room

The 6 month subscription is the way to go guys only 20 bucks a month come and go as you please and you get every single thing PoolActionTV streams all action matches and tournaments.

View attachment 505549

Great show and commentary!
Thanks
Jason

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Alex was the best player before they played
not because I had really seen them play very often,but
because I always think the Filipino players are the best

After watching the match I was very impressed with both playersIt seemed to me that Tony was missing a lot of banks

I am not altogether sure that Tony is not the best player,I just wonder if
all this proves is that alex was the best player on his day

Tony demonstrated to me that he is really a great player ,better than I realized
even though I got the idea that he was playing a little under what he could play

I have noticed that my game brakes down at times,I can't explain it,but it is not unusual for me to
have days where my confidence goes south and people I usually beat not only beat me
but scare me to death and I get tentative

of course my level is far far below these guys,but are they not subject to mood swings

Tony played well , but Alex simply played better ,he won with his C game on day one Brought his A game day 2 to open up a big lead and cruised to the wire with his B game

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

View attachment 505549

Terry,

Can you make sure Ray reserves two seats for me on the couch in the Big Truck Action Room? Wifey really liked them last year..

Thanks,

Short Bus Russ

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Pay to play

I know this match is over, but the score ain't a big fookin deal to broadcast to the world. It's not like sweating the score is all that valuable as compared to actually getting to watch games, when the final score each day WILL get out. Don't be a tool.

In OTHER words.... Some of us HAVE "paid to play" with a six month membership, but either can't see the stream at work, or the stream plays something like 5 seconds out of every minute because of network issues.

Short Bus Russ

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this match is over, but the score ain't a big fookin deal to broadcast to the world. It's not like sweating the score is all that valuable as compared to actually getting to watch games, when the final score each day WILL get out. Don't be a tool.

In OTHER words.... Some of us HAVE "paid to play" with a six month membership, but either can't see the stream at work, or the stream plays something like 5 seconds out of every minute because of network issues.

Short Bus Russ

And some cheap a$$es who won't buy sh!t come on over and over again demanding a game by game score :rolleyes:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ

I don’t mind giving reports....and many others will.
Many people are in Russ’ spot where they can’t watch at work...
...and many get attracted to what’s going on and buy the stream another day.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action at Buffalo's

Double J Jeremy Jones vs Evan Lunda.

6 ahead One Pocket 20K in the middle playing Even with a 12 hour time limit.

Will have multiple camera angles and scoreboards, No Commentary. Check it out, even more action.

Get your Sunday pass and sweat this action all night at www.PoolActionTV.com

Copy of SPORTS (4)smaller.jpg

46485268_2367533073276770_7566930135790649344_o.jpg

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony played well , but Alex simply played better ,he won with his C game on day one Brought his A game day 2 to open up a big lead and cruised to the wire with his B game

I really don’t think Tony was on his game at all! I think if you ask him he would answer the same. Had he been it would have been a different match. I saw glimpses of Tony’s game in this match. A few. On day 3 when he was even or even a game down he started to loosen up. The cue stick foul put the nail in the coffin. He just wasn’t on.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action at Buffalo's

Double J Jeremy Jones vs Evan Lunda.
6 ahead One Pocket 20K in the middle playing Even with a 12 hour time limit. Will have multiple camera angles and scoreboards, No Commentary. Check it out, even more action, get your Sunday pass and sweat this action all night at www.PoolActionTV.com

Double J is looking like he has got some commentator's rust to lose, fast.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really don’t think Tony was on his game at all! I think if you ask him he would answer the same. Had he been it would have been a different match. I saw glimpses of Tony’s game in this match. A few. On day 3 when he was even or even a game down he started to loosen up. The cue stick foul put the nail in the coffin. He just wasn’t on.

Sometimes a funny thing happens to a good player when he is confronted with a better player. His 'A' game suddenly deserts him and he plays according to form. The way that looks is that he makes a few little mistakes that cost him games. Nothing that glaring, just a slight diminishing of his skills. That characteristic shows up in the Fargo ratings as well. JMHO as always.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Sometimes a funny thing happens to a good player when he is confronted with a better player. His 'A' game suddenly deserts him and he plays according to form. The way that looks is that he makes a few little mistakes that cost him games. Nothing that glaring, just a slight diminishing of his skills. That characteristic shows up in the Fargo ratings as well. JMHO as always.

Nah, he just played bad. He didnt play like that against Dennis.
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nah, he just played bad. He didnt play like that against Dennis.
Jason

He probably didn't think the same way when he played Dennis. He probably believed, rightly so, that he had a chance to win and played with that belief in mind. Even though I think that Dennis is a good match for Alex (they have played One Pocket in the PI more than once), Tony probably saw that his best game wasn't going to be enough on day one and played accordingly on day two.

I'm not sure I'm making my point here, but I've seen many similar matches play out this way as well. Heck, this is how a lot of tournaments are decided, before the first ball is even hit in the final matches. Believe me, both players usually know who is 'supposed' to win.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pagulayan is a better One Pocket player than Dennis. Tony has a chance against Dennis.

He has no chance in the long run against Alex.

I am not sure I agree with either of these statements.

However I do agree Tony played bad. Tough for me to say bad because if I played that good I would be considered great. Never the less I have watched Tony play better than that.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I am not sure I agree with either of these statements.

However I do agree Tony played bad. Tough for me to say bad because if I played that good I would be considered great. Never the less I have watched Tony play better than that.

Well, the thing to keep in mind is who he played against when he was playing better than that. Pagulayan is a giant killer, and has been know to run big packages in 9 ball/10 ball if his opponent showed even a whiff of playing well.

Tony was still playing the shortstops 12-18 months ago, so he hasn't really played enough stone cold killers to be able to accurately judge what his game "should" look like against that level of talent.