The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has played better. I am not talking about who left who what shot or played a better safe game. I am talking about he has “played better”. In all aspects. He wasn’t out maneuvered. He didn’t play his game. Dennis isn’t exactly a slouch or any of the other players he has played. He is on the big matches for a reason. And that reason is because he is considered one of the top 5 players in the world. Alex made plenty of mistakes and missed a lot of shots. The opportunities that Alex left behind, Tony just wasn’t shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

i believe you. tony can be a beast, i've seen both the dennis and the shane match as well as the recent WCS, and tony is at times unbelievably good. but when i think of it, i have never seen or heard of him playing that great outside of california. could that be a factor at all?

but anyhow, alex is a different animal than dennis or shane, imho

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's supposed to be some old guy who has made thousands in a row, like playing Pop-A-Shot! I'm gonna look it up.

OMG, Ted St. Martens made 5221 in a row on April 28, 1996 in a little over seven hours. There is a video of it! Now, that's some crazy shit!

I used to bet I could make eight out of ten, lol. I once made a free throw that was worth $400. There was a kids basketball camp run by Dave Miller, as assistant coach with the Lakers. My grandson was in the camp. I used to go watch Dylan play there and after camp one day Miller asked if anyone wanted to try to make one free throw for a free camp. Several fathers raised their hands and one grand pa, me. He picked three of us and I went last. He took us off to the the side of the gym where a gaff basket was set up, maybe 12' high. The first two guys fell well short, to be expected. I made up my mind I wasn't falling short and took a good long look and threw it up there and SWISH! Dylan's next camp was on the house, courtesy of Poppa Jay.
They just happen to have a pop a shot a Buffalo's and have action on it all the time lol

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They just happen to have a pop a shot a Buffalo's and have action on it all the time lol

I had one in my last two poolrooms. They were good for about 300-400/week! That's 15-20K a year for a single arcade game! Only air hockey was as good, but oh so noisy. I kept the air hockey in it's own little room, so as not to disturb the pool players. Next in line was the two person driving game and then the shooting gallery game. Those might have done about 200-250/week each. So four machines that brought in well over 1K a week. The digital juke box was even better than any of the above machines! I'd put them all in my next poolroom if I ever have another one.

YES, you can make money owning a billiard/recreation room! You don't even need full liquor. A beer and wine license will suffice. You can read how in More Pool Wars! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay..
I thought the story was about a canal in Florida, not the Potomac? That's the way I remember Danny D. telling it.
Short Bus Russ
That Potomac is over a mile wide there in D.C.
Nobody is going to throw any ball across it.
(even if it was frozen solid and the ball skidded on the ice).
Pool room BS...

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
From following Buffalo on Facebook I believe there is a standing challenge to anyone that if they can beat him at pop a shot they get a free bucket of beer. I don't think Buffalo has had to payoff yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From following Buffalo on Facebook I believe there is a standing challenge to anyone that if they can beat him at pop a shot they get a free bucket of beer. I don't think Buffalo has had to payoff yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Buffalo's on Bloomfield------------- 17000 square ft----29 pool tables --Snooker Table----2 ping pong tables ---Darts --Tournament foosball --Arcade ---Full kitchen-- Full bar with drinks served 24 hours -- Smokin hot video poker machines ----House Pro---Danny Smith---------They never close, not ever Action 24-7-365 days a year done Big Easy Style.

Guys if you ever get a chance to go to New Orleans do not miss out on a chance to visit Buffalo's

37640871_10216071676163257_2432156915057295360_n (1).jpg

buffs action 1.jpg

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Buffalo's on Bloomfield------------- 17000 square ft----29 pool tables --Snooker Table----2 ping pong tables ---Darts --Tournament foosball --Arcade ---Full kitchen-- Full bar with drinks served 24 hours -- Smokin hot video poker machines ----House Pro---Danny Smith---------They never close, not ever Action 24-7-365 days a year done Big Easy Style.

Guys if you ever get a chance to go to New Orleans do not miss out on a chance to visit Buffalo's

View attachment 505915

View attachment 505914

Whoever owns this place is the BIG winner! :)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoever owns this place is the BIG winner! :)
His name is James Leone AKA Buffalo he has a apartment in the back and he lives on site.

He has a great Facebook page that he posts amazing funny stories about the action at his room https://www.facebook.com/james.leone.33

He's all about the real players and pool action, if anybody thinks pool is dead just go to New Orleans and visit Buffalo's.

For all the gambling naysayers that think gambling is bad for pool, you should just go to Buffs and check it out. This room is built around the action. High stakes pool action is very much alive and well and gets top priority at Buffalo's.

buffs building.jpg

Buffalos Billiards
5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, what a change. We were at Buffalo's about 4 years ago...this place is Beautiful.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Encore presentation of The Champions Challenge One Pocket Match Tony Chohan vs Alex Pagulayan will be rebroadcast next Saturday-Sunday-Monday Dec. 1-3rd, 2018.

Each day's session is a race to 10, and will begin at 4 pm central, and the replay will loop all night.

All current 6 month Premium subscriptions get to watch at no additional cost.

Jeremy Jones and Billy Incardona do a fantastic job in the commentary booth breaking down all the shots and strategies of two of the world's best One Pocket players.

46830918_2378443858852358_8027018379841765376_n.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Potomac is over a mile wide there in D.C.
Nobody is going to throw any ball across it.
(even if it was frozen solid and the ball skidded on the ice).
Pool room BS...

I am sure I could throw a ball across the Potomac.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are looking for valuable insight into the game of One Pocket, here's your chance!!!

Chohan vs Pagulayan Re-broadcast starts today at 4pm. We will show 1 set each day, race to 10, One Pocket with Jeremy Jones & Bill Incardona in the booth.

The match will loop until 3pm the following day! FREE to members or a small fee to sweat it.

Get a pass or login at www.PoolActionTV.com

bufff122.jpg

46240430_222784778533151_3733956185305382912_n (1) small.jpg

website-logo.png