Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Ex wife and league question?
View Poll Results: What would you do if your ex wife showed up with someone from your league?
I would allow her to play in league (and wouldn't worry about it) 78 78.79%
I would not allow her to play in league 2 2.02%
I would ask the person to quit inviting her 6 6.06%
I would ask her to not show up anymore 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Ex wife and league question?
Old
  (#1)
RBLilly
AzB Silver Member
RBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

Ex wife and league question? - 10-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Hey everyone what would you do if someone you knew played in a league that you ran and they invited your ex wife to league? Now I know that the place is a public place but there is more to this. What if the person that invited your ex wife decided they wanted to put her on their team next season?

Just want to see what everyone's reaction would be or what they would suggest to handle the situation. I doubt very seriously that anyone that I try to date would want my ex wife playing in the league that I operate.

A.K.A. txplshrk

Last edited by RBLilly; 10-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Old
  (#2)
sly_shooter
AzB Silver Member
sly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond reputesly_shooter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-25-2009, 10:33 PM

People have different relationships with their ex-wives. Some become friends, strangers, mild enemies, or very bad enemies. Seeing your ex might bring up bad memories and make you play not so well, or it might not bother you. Seeing your ex so much, especially playing pool with her might really mess up you head even when you go home. Many lady friends aren't too happy about the ex being around either.

I guess it is different for everyone.

Old
  (#3)
RBLilly
AzB Silver Member
RBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond reputeRBLilly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

10-25-2009, 10:57 PM

I don't have a problem playing pool when she is playing pool doesn't really bother me.

I just don't really want to hang out with her if you know what I mean...there is a reason she is an EX!

I mean I haven't been going to the places she frequently plays pool at simply because I don't want to tread on her turf, and I don't want to hang out with her.

Also the girl I am dating isn't too cool with her showing up there or even wanting to play. And I doubt very seriously that many woman would approve of her playing in the league.

A.K.A. txplshrk

Ex-Wife and LO
Old
  (#4)
DirtyIrish
Not even close to the OGs
DirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
 Send a message via ICQ to DirtyIrish Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyIrish  
Ex-Wife and LO - 10-25-2009, 11:04 PM

Hi I have just a humble opinion but here goes
I play pool at league because that is where I get better and I play for great enjoymeny we have a saying on all of the teams I play on (3) "NO DRAMA" if you cannot leave it someplace else don't come
Now You as a LO may look at it different but you should not!! if you can get along civilly then 3 hours should be set aside to JUST HAVE A BLAST
our LO's Ex plays NO DRAMA so it is pretty Kewl here in Dallas
Remember this is just MHO
Irish

SEMPER-FI PLEASE DONT FORGET ........
POW/MIA

Old
  (#5)
sammi sam
AzB Silver Member
sammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond reputesammi sam has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 12:47 AM

Wo cares, I took my new wife too, lol

Old
  (#6)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 12:53 AM

if it's going to bother you than i guess it wouldn't be too out of line to ask her to not play. if she insists on it then you should just try to ignore it.

Old
  (#7)
PMS
Banned
PMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond reputePMS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3200

10-26-2009, 12:59 AM

please post pic of exwife

wow
Old
  (#8)
Matt90
Trust the Process
Matt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via Yahoo to Matt90  
wow - 10-26-2009, 01:02 AM

I get a bit uncomfortable when I run into an ex girlfriend .......I voted for
the let her play and don't worry about it but that of course is in a perfect
world.Hats of and rep to ya ..thats gotta be a toughy

Lock Society Name: MATLOCK

Proverbs 22:1
Player: Runde
Break: nice house cue
Jump: I really think it's a last resort and untrustworthy
Case: 2x3 JB Rugged,simple and love it

Old
  (#9)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMS View Post
please post pic of exwife
naked if possible

Old
  (#10)
DelaWho???
Banger McCue
DelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 03:25 AM

If the guy she's showing up with was banging her before she was your ex, then it''s a problem. If not, live and let live. You will look petty if you exclude her.

Your girlfriend needs to understand that past is past and your ex lives in that town, unless you were banging the gf prior to divorce, then it's a problem.

Live and let live. Suck it up and at least look like the bigger person, even if you don't feel like it.

Cues: McDermott D16 BILL000,M64D,BL03
Break: Bacote Jerico Stinger with I1 BigBoy
League: APA: Masters

Old
  (#11)
Destrukkt
9 ball/8 ball New Player
Destrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond reputeDestrukkt has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Destrukkt  
10-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Ignore her, don't let it bug you. Tell your girlfriend to act like she isnt even there.

It'll drive her away, shes probably just there to piss ya off.

GB-4 Balabushka, Lucasi, 2x4 Alligator Skin Case, Diamond Table, Aramith Balls, Brunswick Cent Balls

Old
  (#12)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

10-26-2009, 04:39 AM

Best thing I learned from an ex was to kill her with kindness, just be overly nice and dont show that it bothers you, basically fake it til you make it or you could get drunk and just make a fool of yourself.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#13)
cuedaddy
Banned
cuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond reputecuedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 04:46 AM

I think this is an awful subjective but very interesting nonetheless

Old
  (#14)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 05:22 AM

I'd find out wat your ex likes to do besides pool league, and I'd show up there with 3 smokin hot hookers, and just hang out and be very cordial.

it does work.....she will ignore you at first, then call you the next night.

G.

No short term memory and no expectation!=Dead stroke!

Old
  (#15)
Gregg
AzB Silver Member
Gregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txplshrk View Post
Just want to see what everyone's reaction would be or what they would suggest to handle the situation. I doubt very seriously that anyone that I try to date would want my ex wife playing in the league that I operate.
This is NOT a unique situation, and if you play leage long enough, you see a few of these situations between ex GFs and wives come up. The fact is that people develop relationships over the years, and have friends that were friends when they are BF/GF and husband/wife before, during, and after the relationships.

I've seen quite a few of these 'reunions' and how they go over depends on your individual relationship at the present time, if any.

Oh, and TBH don't kid yourself to think that a league player that hardly knows you WOULDN'T try to date your ex wife, either. When you play in a largely male dominated league have a single woman...it usually a matter of time before someone 'will try'. I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, but I've seen it all play out before.

Playing Cue: Samsara w/matched 314 (aka "Predator Cheat Stick") Sniper Tip
Jump/Break Cue: Sledgehammer
Hours of Pool: Whatever is fun for me, about 10

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: