Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What would you take for your pool playing experiences?
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
jalapus logan
pool shooter
jalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-25-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
I'm confident the memories and experiences are intimately tied together....when the experiences go, so do the memories
....and so do the learnings in so many different ways - at some level they're all connected.
You quoted Socrates some time ago. Do you think that the process of "learning" is actually remembering what you once already knew?

Old
  (#17)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Through pool, the ideal people came into my life
at just the right time, with vital information
time, after time, after time, after time, after time
....and it's all related to the Game's influence
....is it karma, fate, coincidence, good timing
....or something more?
This was not pool, this was you.

Positive people get the same results no matter what their passion is.

And the harder they work the "luckier" they get.

JC

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Is one million dollars really worth it all? ...two....three.....four..
Old
  (#18)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Arrow Is one million dollars really worth it all? ...two....three.....four.. - 01-25-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
Yeah, that is the way I read the question. What would you sell your pool playing memories, experience, the friends you have met in the game, everything? Basically if you could enter the Twilight Zone and change that one key moment when you walked into that pool hall and instead did not do it, what is that worth?

If you could become the person who never picked up a cue and never had that life experience how many zeros would you need added to your bank account?
That's right, like a 'Twilight Zone' episode where the pool player is ask if he'd "cash in" his pool/life experiences (memories) for a BIG payday.....would you do it?

How much are those experiences and memories really worth???

Is one million dollars really worth it all? ...two....three.....four....

'The Game is the Teacher'

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

Old
  (#19)
ironman
AzB Silver Member
ironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Sacrificing financial opportunity for what we're passionate about {in Life} is difficult!

Everything's relative in life and wealth is no exception.
There's been several discussions about the Pro Players
and how they could be making more profit in another field
of endeavors, or by getting a regular job "flipping burgers
or selling hot dogs". (this option strikes me funny for some reason)

My best friend and I were talking about this scenario earlier in the week -
he recently sold his internet business last year for over 30M and is in a
very favorable financial situation - he can afford "high ticket items" and
has an uncanny sense of value.

He posed this question to me:

"How much would you take for your pool experience.
.... what if I gave you One Million Dollars?"

I thought for a second and quickly shook my head
-."How about Two Million Dollars?"
...... I shook my head without hesitation

"Neither would any of the other players,"
... you have an asset that can't be purchased,
and even with pool at an all time low you still wouldn't
sell those experiences because they're invaluable assets."

He's right!

Through pool, the ideal people came into my life
at just the right time, with vital information
time, after time, after time, after time, after time
....and it's all related to the Game's influence
....is it karma, fate, coincidence, good timing
....or something more?

What would you take for your past experiences?

Danny Mewdina and I were in vefas about 20 years ago and I went off to some fuy leaving us very little andc supposed to be in Phoenix the next day. We drove into phoebux abd tured abd hybgry ariiving about 4 am and had about $20.00 between us. It was hot, very hot and we slept in the cr until about 9 am waiting for Western Union to open.
At 9 i went in wringing insweat and go0t the money and then we went to a room, showered, and slept.
At that point i would hae sold allof it for $50.00

Old
  (#20)
Rasputin
AzB Silver Member
Rasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond reputeRasputin has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2014, 06:10 PM

Hmm. Good question. I'd say it's somewhere between a nice little four-finger tickle on my balls and a decent sandwich.

If I could go back in time and work with myself for 3 weeks
Old
  (#21)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Thumbs up If I could go back in time and work with myself for 3 weeks - 01-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapus logan View Post
You quoted Socrates some time ago. Do you think that the process of "learning" is actually remembering what you once already knew?
I believe there's a type of "universal sub conscious" that we can all learn to tap into....we all are standing on the shoulders of those before us mentally, physically and even spiritually.

If I could go back in time and work with myself for 3 weeks I would save many years of "trial and error" when I was developing.....I didn't learn the power of TOI until around 19.

I had outstanding mentors, however, being able to learn it all from one source would have been a tremendous advantage.
Tao

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

Last edited by CJ Wiley; 01-25-2014 at 06:18 PM.

enough money to gamble, eat, drink and stay at the Holiday Inn.
Old
  (#22)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Talking enough money to gamble, eat, drink and stay at the Holiday Inn. - 01-26-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
There's a price, it's just a whole lot more than $2 million. I'd blow through that in a year.
Yes, it's stated that most lottery winners are broke within the first three years.

When young, I was the happiest when on the road with a list of great "action spots" and enough money to gamble, eat, drink and stay at the Holiday Inn.

Would you still be posting?
Old
  (#23)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Talking Would you still be posting? - 01-26-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I would pay $7 to have them never have happened.
Would you still be posting on the AZ Forum?

Old
  (#24)
DelaWho???
Banger McCue
DelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond reputeDelaWho??? has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2014, 05:13 AM

A heavy dose of antipsychotic drugs and hours of intense therapy....

Cues: McDermott D16 BILL000,M64D,BL03
Break: Bacote Jerico Stinger with I1 BigBoy
League: APA: Masters

Old
  (#25)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2014, 05:53 AM

I made choice 45 years ago as I graduated hs. It was either a life of pool, or med school to become a gynecologist.

Not sure I made the right decision, I can't seem to put my finger on it even today.

"If ya knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it." Danny DiLiberto.

Old
  (#26)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

01-27-2014, 06:17 AM

Although I have had tons of awesome pool experiences, those mean nothing to me compared to the experiences I have had and continue to have with my family. I would trade them all for my families continued happiness.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#27)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

01-27-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andstop View Post
I made choice 45 years ago as I graduated hs. It was either a life of pool, or med school to become a gynecologist.

Not sure I made the right decision, I can't seem to put my finger on it even today.
Since you are posting on AZ, I will assume you made thew wrong decision.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#28)
Dunnn51
Wait for something good
Dunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnn51 has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2014, 06:44 AM

See one of my quotes in signature,.... LIFE is NOT all about money.

" If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 6 sharpening my axe" ~~~ Abraham Lincoln

The memories of a man in his old-age, are the deeds of a man in his prime. ~~~ Pink Floyd.

Old
  (#29)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapus logan View Post
My wife and I were having lunch by the Neckar river outside of Heidelberg and I made the mistake of ordering a Radler. I think that it was a mixture of sprite and beer. I asked the waiter who other than me orders them. He said that kids do and people after they get done working g out at the gym ha ha ha. Loved Heidelberg! And as far as I can see, Germany is spotless.
Yeah, a Radler, is a 50/50 mix of beer and lemon soda or lemonade.. depends what part of the country.

Radler is the German word for a bicyclist, and since so many rode bikes after the first war, they did this so folks could still enjoy a beer or two and not worry about falling off their bikes on their way home, but also so folks could bike and enjoy a cold beverage that would not dehydrate them as well.

yes, had a cold Radler in Heidelberg last July I needed it, it was 95, which is almost unheard of in Germany, but lucky me with the good timing as usual

Old
  (#30)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-27-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM View Post
Priceless, they have put me where I am today.
We'll write, promise.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: